Matt X

So tired of lame Jet hype

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Isn't it possible to just ignore and not read any article that hypes the team if you find them annoying? 

This is everything. It's just so easy to avoid. I don't really dig the types articles that don't have actual info so I barely read this type of thing. It just loses my interest. I don't think they've ever pissed me off though.  That's kinda severe.

I like having hope and if we really look at it, NFL is now an almost 12 month season with all the happenings. Truth is the Jets do quite well for more than half of the year. Sure we suck in the games, but that's the shortest part of the 12 month NFL product. The Jets are routinely near the top of the heap the rest of the time with all of the big stories we produce.  I'd say we've won quite a few offseason trophy's. The offseason is my favorite time of year man!!! lol

Isn't that enough?  :)  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Why stop there?

Aren't you tired of being told how bright your future is how good of a father you are, how much they value you at work and that your wife isn't looking to ungraded you at the first opportunity? 

Because  no one likes being ungraded.

😁

14 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Eff all this lame Jet hype! This is why communication should be limited to Morse code and Braille!

Just start with pointing and nodding head. Don't want to get too advanced yet

• Haha 1

I thought this is a forum to debate topics, not to be sheep. Some of you are missing the point. I believe the Jets will be better, my point is that I want to see it in the Win column. Year after year we are fed this optimistic crap with no wins behind it. It just gets sickening after a while.  It always seems that most of the Jet optimism is in the off season. I want would rather read articles about player philanthropy, community service, coaching philosophies,  work out regimens, player's family life. etc... It doesn't mean anything that the second string cornerback of the chiefs thinks Darnold will be the best QB ever!

I suppose I may be a bit jaded from being a Jet fan since the early 70's. 

• Downvote 2

Its all about anticipation. Our season is usually over after the first few weeks. So our best time is the off season, when we don't know that we stink yet and so these articles facilitate our anticipation. Its usually all we have. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I foresee Sam Darnold with Bell in the backfield able to matriculate the ball down the field just a few times for than Josh Allen & Rosen, giving us a sweep of 2 division opponents. That 4s wins right there. 

Easy there, Hank Stram. 

ma·tric·u·late

/məˈtrikyəˌlāt/ 

verb

1. be enrolled at a college or university.

"he matriculated at the University of Vermont"

2. SCOTTISH•HERALDRY

record (arms) in an official register.

noun

INDIAN

/məˈtrikyəˌlət/

1. a person who has matriculated.

So you decided to support it by drawing attention to it 

Ok

Geezuz f*ck. 

Please don’t procreate. 

We have enough young self loathing miserable pricks in this world.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Only on a Jets site do members complain about being optimistic. Yes, we should all wallow in doom and gloom like starved dogs forever. Either this is trolling or pathetic.

Considering he just joined the site it's obviously that he is trolling 

darron lee was sposed to be the defensive play caller last year

1 hour ago, Matt X said:

I thought this is a forum to debate topics, not to be sheep. Some of you are missing the point. I believe the Jets will be better, my point is that I want to see it in the Win column. Year after year we are fed this optimistic crap with no wins behind it. It just gets sickening after a while.  It always seems that most of the Jet optimism is in the off season. I want would rather read articles about player philanthropy, community service, coaching philosophies,  work out regimens, player's family life. etc... It doesn't mean anything that the second string cornerback of the chiefs thinks Darnold will be the best QB ever!

Then don't read main stream media... That is their purpose...

Listen or read guys like baldinger, footballguys, football outsiders, pff, the athletic, elitesportsny...

Just because you choose to read the crap doesn't mean that this is all that's available... Use that brain power to find alternatives rather than bitch about the obvious... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

darron lee was sposed to be the defensive play caller last year

Yeah and lost his job he was so bad

1 hour ago, slats said:

Easy there, Hank Stram. 

ma·tric·u·late

/məˈtrikyəˌlāt/ 

verb

1. be enrolled at a college or university.

"he matriculated at the University of Vermont"

2. SCOTTISH•HERALDRY

record (arms) in an official register.

noun

INDIAN

/məˈtrikyəˌlət/

1. a person who has matriculated.

It's obvious he meant dribble not matriculate 

2 hours ago, Matt X said:

So you expect these wins in June? 

Media makes opinions, disgusting to have a positive opinion! Every opinion should be awful

6 hours ago, Matt X said:

So sickening. What type of Jet articles do you find  value in during the off-season?? 

Off-season Jet articles are fine, but what really butters my buns is random 'woe-is-me-for-I-am-the-eternal-suffering-Jet-fan' commentary on messageboards. 

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Listen to you. Self-hatred, contempt, depressed; get ahold of yourself man.

LOL. I expect more of you. You're one of the wiser posters around these parts. Now you're feeding caviar on toast to trolls. 

6 hours ago, Matt X said:

I get so sick of these jet hype articles which  give false hope to us fans. Year after year of these senseless off-season articles which are so meaningless and a waste of time. They mean absolutely nothing, and when the games start they even seem more ridiculous, . I am sure I am not the only one.  a few recent examples.

Avery Williamson: Jets Can Be a Top-5 Defense

Jets Veteran Thinks Quinnen Williams Has Chance to Be 'Great'

Jets RB Le'Veon Bell 'Ready to Give Everybody What They Want to See'

Jets have the building blocks of a perennial playoff contender

So sickening. What type of Jet articles do you find  value in during the off-season?? 

I read all the articles, because I'm smart enough to understand the difference between opinion and fact, and I like to learn as much about my Jets as possible.  I decipher all the information I crave and formulate my own opinion about the information I take in.

One thing I appreciate is all the positive things that players and coaches are saying right now.  I have to figure out on my own what is real and what is not real, and I feel that I am savvy enough to figure out a good deal of it.

When Avery Williamson says the Jets can be a top-5 defense for instance, I like his attitude and positive thinking.  Do I believe that he is correct?  No, I don't, because I see holes that I feel don't get us to a top 5 defense.  However, I think that the defense will be much improved, and feel that our defense is going in the right direction.  I like that's Avery is excited about the defense, and it gets me excited.  

Another statement, Jets Veteran thinks Quinnen Williams has Chance to be Great.  I would rather read that, than no one stepping up and saying anything positive about our #3 pick of the first round. I mean, I remember all the losers we drafted high in the first round in the past, and I don't remember anyone saying that someone has a chance to be great on the players that we're busts.

• Upvote 1

If you don't read these articles, you won't realize that Shaun Ellis gained 25 pounds to be the new Warren Sapp.  You will spend the fall wondering why Shaun Ellis is so fat and slow.  

It's neither a hot take to suggest the Jets suck just like its not a hot take to wonder why people can possibly be optimistic.  It's pretty lame to think either group is dumb. 

I'm as pessimistic as anyone about the Jets' future under the Johnson's.  But for now, everyone in the league is 0-0, and the hope is that THIS is the change in GM/HC that we need.  Is that so wrong?  Until the Johnson's die off or sell the team, that's what we've got with this franchise. 

It doesn't hurt to have Darnold.  Even awful franchises can overcome bad ownership by lucking into a good QB.  Just look at the Colts.  Sometimes the QB is all you need to draw quality front office people and coaches in. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt X said:

Are you from New York? All we ever hear are negative articles about our team. And you hate the few positive ones? Sorry, I don't get it. I'm so annoyed how the league's talking heads and sports writers crap on us all the time.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. 

Like the last article title of "perennial" playoff contender. 

We havent made the playoffs this decade. Let me repeat that. The New York Jets have not made the playoffs this decade, and we're in the 9th year of this decade. How do you go from that experience to having the building blocks of being a perennial playoff contender? That's exactly the problem with the hype. 

How about we go in steps? How about we end the season with something better than a losing record first? Or maybe, how about actually beating the Patriots in a football game? 

Saying these things is sometimes viewed as not being a fan by some. Yet every October we're all talking like this because less than 2 months in Jets fans can already see that the season is basically over. 

These are summer articles, writings we never see during the winter. 

Articles talking about individual players I've always been cool with, but when I see either titles like the one mentioned above or the ones where players and coaches are talking smack about the Patriots, it just becomes a complete turnoff because 99% of the time it's never backed up on the field. 

BUT....what are we to do?

"Baker and the Browns heading for what could be undefeated season"   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I bet this doesn't make the dawg pound miserable.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do the Browns have the building blocks to be a perennial playoff contender?  How many playoffs have they made this decade?

Ill stick to just ignoring you. 

That's been the best decision

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Na, probably go 10-6 though.

Gotta learn how to win first. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Na, probably go 10-6 though.

Gotta learn how to win first. 

I wonder when the social justice warriors will start declaring the team name racist and demand it be banned.

10 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I wonder when the social justice warriors will start declaring the team name racist and demand it be banned.

Well, it’s pretty f*cking racist so...

The Jets poor to mediocre history is undeniable.  THat goes without saying.  Nevertheless I don't get the whining over the positive happy-happy-joy-joy fluff EVERY team in the league gives at this time of the year.  Well I guess we could read articles now about how the jets have sucked for most of their existance, right?  That would be much more entertaining, right?

But I guess only the Browns publicists are the only ones allowed to puff it up, amirite?

Get over it people.  Preseason will be here soon enough and you are not getting much more than this stuff until then unless it is about an arrest for something..

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Matt X said:

I get so sick of these jet hype articles which  give false hope to us fans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Well, it’s pretty f*cking racist so...

Huh?