So tired of lame Jet hype

If not at this time of the year then what other time is it better to be hopeful?  Plenty of time to deal with disappointment if and when it comes.  It is not as if we have no experience with that.

For now we have a real QB and maybe a real GM for the first time in a very very long time and oh, every single draft choice is pure carbon in a crystal lattice structure until we have evidence that shows otherwise.

Jamal Adams may be a girl however.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Matt X said:

I thought this is a forum to debate topics, not to be sheep. Some of you are missing the point. I believe the Jets will be better, my point is that I want to see it in the Win column. Year after year we are fed this optimistic crap with no wins behind it. It just gets sickening after a while.  It always seems that most of the Jet optimism is in the off season. I want would rather read articles about player philanthropy, community service, coaching philosophies,  work out regimens, player's family life. etc... It doesn't mean anything that the second string cornerback of the chiefs thinks Darnold will be the best QB ever!

I suppose I may be a bit jaded from being a Jet fan since the early 70's. 

I hear ya man. I think the thing is that you started a thread about how sick and tired you were about it. Positive fluff is dumb, but at least it's positive.  This is the best part of the season for many of us. That time of year when our bold offseason moves create the hope for the future. It doesn't take the actual season very long to crush those very hopes. Hell, a lot of us were rooting for losses in the second half of the season so we could actually benefit in the offseason. I'm convinced I like the offseason more than the regular season. It's certainly been more fun. lol 

Don't piss all over our offseason birthday cake man!!!   :) 

• Post of the Week 1

It's the time of year, and it's all teams. On NFL.com today:

How RG3 reckons the Ravens offense will surprise opponents

How Will Hernandez is key to Giants improvement

How the Bengals are all buying in to their new coach

... and so on.

Ignore it if you don't like it; find another hobby till September because there'll be little else. Other than arrests and injuries, which no-one wants.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Matt X said:

I get so sick of these jet hype articles which  give false hope to us fans. Year after year of these senseless off-season articles which are so meaningless and a waste of time. They mean absolutely nothing, and when the games start they even seem more ridiculous, . I am sure I am not the only one.  a few recent examples.

Avery Williamson: Jets Can Be a Top-5 Defense

Jets Veteran Thinks Quinnen Williams Has Chance to Be 'Great'

Jets RB Le'Veon Bell 'Ready to Give Everybody What They Want to See'

Jets have the building blocks of a perennial playoff contender

So sickening. What type of Jet articles do you find  value in during the off-season?? 

None. The Jets really do suck.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:08 AM, Villain The Foe said:

We haven't made the playoffs this decade. Let me repeat that. The New York Jets have not made the playoffs this decade, and we're in the 9th year of this decade. How do you go from that experience to having the building blocks of being a perennial playoff contender?

To your point, I was wondering where the 10's rank as one of the worst decades in Jets history

It depends if you consider 2010 as the first year in the decade or not - do the 80's include 1990? i would think 80 is the first year and 89 is the last but guess it could be 81 - 90 to me it's close betwwen this decade and the 80's as to which was better?

1960's has to be one of the best with the Super Bowl win (but some really bad Titans teams)

2000's was decent overall - at least one AFCCG unless you count 2010?

1990's was a rebuild decade that started bad and ended in the AFCCG

1980's gave us the sack exchange

2010's - started with AFCCG and ends with Sam but 7 losing seasons and the buttfumble in the middle, tough sledding

1970's was the worst - don't think there is a discussion here (Namath  a Ram?)

what do you think?

48 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Well if it was a joke then ok. LOL

(No I dont consider the Browns name to be racist BTW)

Sounds racist. 

I’m kidding!

Although there is some controversy about it. 

Was the name derived from Paul Brown, the first coach and GM or after Joe Louis, the “Brown Bomber”. 

I could see some fringe group claiming it’s racist based on Louis’ actual nickname being racist. 

But that’s where we are as a society. 

It's for three reasons the Jets always get hyped up and mind you this is true of every crap team. They're a crap team because they've been really bad for a long time due to their own stupidity:

1) It's the season of perpetual hope. Every teams fans look at their roster and sees improvement without them ever taking a snap. Also every reporter has too much time on their hands and they fill it with fluff sh*t.

2) No reporter wants to be wrong. All these dingbat reporters actually know less than nothing. However, they all want to be able to pound their chest about being right if ever that sh*t team escapes from the sh*thole.

3) Sometimes they actually do. Football is football. Any team can beat any team on any given Sunday. That's what parity has made the NFL. Sometimes these bottom feeders finally find a correct formula for winning. They can go from worst to first in the course of one offseason. People forget about these teams because they've been so bad for so long, meanwhile said team is stockpiling talented young players. Eventually, a HC knows he has the talent and he's able to make the players produce the chemistry necessary.

So that is, all in all, why you see so much nonsense written by a guy like Mehta. Everyone knows he's an idiot but he has a platform and he uses that platform to try and teach all of us HIS narrative.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Sounds racist. 

I’m kidding!

Was the name derived from Paul Brown, the first coach and GM or after Joe Louis, the “Brown Bomber”. 

I could see some fringe group claiming it’s racist based on Louis’ actual nickname being racist. 

Word is that the public voted on the name for the new team, and the brown bombers were the second favorite choice.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:56 AM, Matt X said:

I get so sick of these jet hype articles which  give false hope to us fans. Year after year of these senseless off-season articles which are so meaningless and a waste of time. They mean absolutely nothing, and when the games start they even seem more ridiculous, . I am sure I am not the only one.  a few recent examples.

Avery Williamson: Jets Can Be a Top-5 Defense

Jets Veteran Thinks Quinnen Williams Has Chance to Be 'Great'

Jets RB Le'Veon Bell 'Ready to Give Everybody What They Want to See'

Jets have the building blocks of a perennial playoff contender

So sickening. What type of Jet articles do you find  value in during the off-season?? 

Me too

On 6/29/2019 at 10:38 AM, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Only on a Jets site do members complain about being optimistic. Yes, we should all wallow in doom and gloom like starved dogs forever. Either this is trolling or pathetic.

Or both

7 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Sounds racist. 

I’m kidding!

I wonder where the name Redskin came from

MORE TROLLS...MORE HOPE. 

Get ready for more troll visits from our division rivals as we get closer to the season. 

Do you think real Patriot, Bills & Fins fans aren't aware of the changes in Florham Park & the sudden difference in leadership leading to our 1st offensive coach with actual Head Coaching Experience, an experienced Defensive head coach, an extremely experienced Joe Douglas, plus Phil Savage, Hogan, guys that bring years of experience & success.

And finally Sam Darnold, an extremely young talented QB who has a mentor in Gase, a top 3 RB to handoff & throw to, an upgraded defense that should be able to give the ball back to our offense more frequently than in 2018 under Bowles/Rogers who I believe were the worst Coaches here since Kotite. 

Most NFL fans are flyby fans, who don't pay attention like guys on message boards. All of my Pats fan boys see the Jets as their prime competition to knock their boys off of their pedestal. They see Bradys age, Edelman is 34, Gronk retired, Flowers left, their LT left, yes, they lose players every year but their offense isn't CLOSE to what they had in their heyday, in fact it was their running game with Sony Michel that controlled games last year. I don't see them running all over this Jet team with QW, Leo, Anderson, Mosely, Jenkins, Avery, Adams, Maye, Poole. That's 9 guys that are good at stopping the running game. Pats will have to beat us through the air, luckily for us outside of Edelman, they don't have a true #1 WR. Jets are most vulnerable at CB, but they have a good group of LBs & a good front. Jackai Polite could be the wildcard if he can produce as a situational pass rusher. Plus you don't yet know the domino affect of QW and Leo together? This could free up Anderson, Luvu & Copeland to get to the QB more frequently. Jet fans have a good reason to be optimistic, this isn't the 2014 New York Jets.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jetster said:

Get ready for more troll visits from our division rivals as we get closer to the season. 

Who's coming? 

Bills fans think Allen > Darnold. 

Fish fans have hope for Rosen, are laughing at us for signing Gase (much like the Bills hiring Rex or the fish hiring Tanny), and are basically bracing for a tank. 

The Pats fans? They just expect to win it all again until Brady and Belichick leave so they can go back to being Red Sox, Celtics, and/or Bruins fans. 

Us and, I guess, @Raideraholic are all on our own here. 

On 6/30/2019 at 8:39 PM, Philc1 said:

I wonder where the name Redskin came from

Looked it up on Wikipedia.

The team started before integration. It was also decades before any solar protection lotions, and the then-unnamed, all-caucasian team used to get badly sunburnt during the long, summer practices and The Redskins name stuck. The logo we’re all familiar with came much later. Also in the running were The Lobsters, The Tomatoes, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and The Periods.

On 6/29/2019 at 2:12 PM, Matt X said:

I thought this is a forum to debate topics, not to be sheep. Some of you are missing the point. I believe the Jets will be better, my point is that I want to see it in the Win column. Year after year we are fed this optimistic crap with no wins behind it. It just gets sickening after a while.  It always seems that most of the Jet optimism is in the off season. I want would rather read articles about player philanthropy, community service, coaching philosophies,  work out regimens, player's family life. etc... It doesn't mean anything that the second string cornerback of the chiefs thinks Darnold will be the best QB ever!

I suppose I may be a bit jaded from being a Jet fan since the early 70's. 

It's July.  The f*ck do you expect when they physically can't do anything to show it in the win column and the media needs to write articles?