Hidden Talent

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well that sums it up.  You asked why I said what I said but it doesnt matter.  All that matter is that YOU liked some scrub like the trash you listed more than I like the chances of a knee healing.  

Nothing more to say really.  ?

Dude, you need go back through our conversation to see where it went wrong. I wasn't even commenting specifically to you originally and you asked me a question about my post. I answered it and you came back with this exacerbated comment as if you've been explaining something to me over and over again. 

I'm always interested in hearing what other posters think and that includes you. Truth is I agree with you more than most.  My point wasn't that I don't care what you think. It was that I don't need you to agree with what I think for me to think it. I think that's pretty standard stuff.  So we see things a bit differently. No reason to get snarky. 

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Dude, you need go back through our conversation to see where it went wrong. I wasn't even commenting specifically to you originally and you asked me a question about my post. I answered it and you came back with this exacerbated comment as if you've been explaining something to me over and over again. 

I'm always interested in hearing what other posters think and that includes you. Truth is I agree with you more than most.  My point wasn't that I don't care what you think. It was that I don't need you to agree with what I think for me to think it. I think that's pretty standard stuff.  So we see things a bit differently. No reason to get snarky. 

And I wasnt to you.  Why I said "as I said, or again".  I posted above your response why I thought Macc thought it was worth the risk of losing a 6th round pick on a kid who many said had 1st round talent but for injury.  

Its fairly simple, wasnt my plan, its what I thought his was.  

We're just a little off on our timing, no big deal/  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I'm big on Wesco. I think the first time he carries three goes on his back for a first down he will become a crowd favorite.

I have hope for Nickerson albeit as a nickel corner rather than a CB2.  

Right. I would think Nickerson'smore likely a nickel back as well. I didn't mean for it to sound like it did.  I was more alluding to some of the other young DB's we have on the roster as well. Namely Clark at 6'3".  As supportive as I am of signing Claiborne as insurance, I really look forward to seeing if we give this group of DB's we already have can play.  We've been collecting young DB's for the lpast few seasons. It would just be fantastic if it ended up that we have our next starting pieces already here. 

Did you see that clip of one of Wesco's catches near the sidline where he lowers his head toward the defender and all of he helmet shrapnel that flies off on contact?  That guy can lay the wood and I am thinking he's one of he secret weapons this coming season. I really believe that Legget and Sterling are gone due to the potential Case see's in this kid.  How exciting would it be to have that bruising TE who can make the crushing block and make the big catch? 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And I wasnt to you.  Why I said "as I said, or again".  I posted above your response why I thought Macc thought it was worth the risk of losing a 6th round pick on a kid who many said had 1st round talent but for injury.  

Its fairly simple, wasnt my plan, its what I thought his was.  

We're just a little off on our timing, no big deal/  

Funny. I just read through the thread and see that you commented to Dominator on the same topic. I see it now. 

I still lova you.  :P 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, win4ever said:

Players that interest me:

Jeremy Clark:  He was an interesting guy that showed a ton of promise on the field, and if he's healthy, I think he can become at least a rotational player.  He was left alone on an island at Michigan, and Williams likes to leave his corners in one on one match ups.  Much like Austin, I think a healthy Clark had 2nd round talent IMO, so if he's healed, definitely some upside here based just on his play on the field.  

Derrick Jones is very interesting because of his size, but I would need to see his mechanics as a CB because he was extremely raw.   

Parry Nickerson has a ton of potential, and kind of reminds me of a defensive Robby Anderson.  A ton of talent, but comes off very immature on the field.  I think he makes the team based on talent alone, but he would need to grow up.  

Greg Dortch is the one that is a big sleeper IMO for the receivers, because he fits very well into what the Jets offense would want to do.  By having receiving threats at RB, and deep threats in Anderson (albeit Crowder and Enunwa could also qualify as speedsters) would mean the defense would have to pick and choose.  They would have to commit to being closer to the line of scrimmage, or play back.  If they play back, short routes with guys like Crowder or Dortch will thrive.  If they play up, then the deep game opens up with his speed.  

Deontay Burnett is interesting because he seems like a reliable receiver.  In the pre-season with the Titans, he had 11 catches on 11 targets, and he was a surprise cut.  I'd like to see if his speed is back, because he didn't seem all that fast on the field.  I didn't think he was a 4.3 guy in college, but he certainly was faster than the 4.7 guy that ran the 40 and looked like he had trouble going down the field.  However, he seems to know how to get open and get catches.  

Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Bellamy are a lock to the roster.  So it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the crop forms, especially considering guys like Peake and Henderson can contribute on ST.  

Very good post.

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. I would think Nickerson'smore likely a nickel back as well. I didn't mean for it to sound like it did.  I was more alluding to some of the other young DB's we have on the roster as well. Namely Clark at 6'3".  As supportive as I am of signing Claiborne as insurance, I really look forward to seeing if we give this group of DB's we already have can play.  We've been collecting young DB's for the lpast few seasons. It would just be fantastic if it ended up that we have our next starting pieces already here. 

Did you see that clip of one of Wesco's catches near the sidline where he lowers his head toward the defender and all of he helmet shrapnel that flies off on contact?  That guy can lay the wood and I am thinking he's one of he secret weapons this coming season. I really believe that Legget and Sterling are gone due to the potential Case see's in this kid.  How exciting would it be to have that bruising TE who can make the crushing block and make the big catch? 

I did see that clip.  I think this kid is going to sell a lot of jerseys in Jersey.  Mark Bavaro 2.0?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

lol    Good point. 

That doesn't remove the fact that Wesco has potential though.   Just like every other 4th rd pick, Wesco could end up failing, but he has shown that he has abilities to work with.  And our hope is allowed Dammit!!!  :) 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol    Good point. 

That doesn't remove the fact that Wesco has potential though.   Just like every other 4th rd pick, Wesco could end up failing, but he has shown that he has abilities to work with.  And our hope is allowed Dammit!!!  :) 

I think Wesco is slow.  Bavaro comparisons are probably well beyond his ceiling.  I think he can be a nice rotational TE, but I'd be shocked if he ever breaks 500 yards for a season.

I think Wesco is slow.  Bavaro comparisons are probably well beyond his ceiling.  I think he can be a nice rotational TE, but I'd be shocked if he ever breaks 500 yards for a season.

Slow is fine though.
He only needs to peel off the block and get 7-8 yds. Then he can pin ball his way to how ever many YAC he can. I
Don’t see him as being the premier pass catching weapon like Antonio gates type but just that consistent impact on 3rd down or as an outlet when the play breaks down will be enough for me. Add to that sealing the edge with beachum when the miles garrets of the world are trying to slip by will be plenty good.

I’m
Psyched to see this guy play.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app