Quintessential Coney Island Experience

14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You don't need to be at any level to do nyrr events.  There's every ability level out there.  I just did a 4M in Central Park, and a woman in a burka was in it.  There's still room in the Harlem 5K in August that I'm running, you should check it out.

That's really awesome though.  I thought about starting a JN running thread, would love to talk training, but figured that would be as big of a hit as going to JN for fashion advice.

Ah. I had an ex-gf who was an NYRR person and they’d do these casual 13 mile training runs on the weekend like it was nothing, so I assumed it was for supreme runners. I’ll check out the site. We should start a running thread anyway. Can’t be any worse than anything else going up on the board these days. ?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ah. I had an ex-gf who was an NYRR person and they’d do these casual 13 mile training runs on the weekend like it was nothing, so I assumed it was for supreme runners. I’ll check out the site. We should start a running thread anyway. Can’t be any worse than anything else going up on the board these days. ?

Image result for run forest run gifs

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those people certainly exist.  But, there's literally every type of runner out there.

I remember running 13M like it was nothing.  Crazy how quickly you lose it.  Last Sept-Nov I could do 15M with ease.  Now, 4M is tough.

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Those people certainly exist.  But, there's literally every type of runner out there.

I remember running 13M like it was nothing.  Crazy how quickly you lose it.  Last Sept-Nov I could do 15M with ease.  Now, 4M is tough.

That’s pretty freaking impressive. How long did it take you to work up to 10+ miles without dying? 

Used to bike all the time on the whole boardwalk, but did it maybe once last year. You do not hear English spoken-Spanish, Russian, sure. But not English.It's still a much more pleasant place than when I was a tyke. The Cyclones, the only thing the Wilpons did right, had a lot to do with that. 

My nephew's prep hockey team plays their home games there at Abe Stark. It's goddamn cold in January. 

The Ford Ampitheatre is a nice venue. But they only seem to get acts on the downside who cannot sell enough tickets to play Jones Beach. Was a time that looked like the Cyclones' stadium would compete-Phish, Def Leppard. But that kind of died. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2019 at 11:26 PM, Bugg said:

Used to bike all the time on the whole boardwalk, but did it maybe once last year. You do not hear English spoken-Spanish, Russian, sure. But not English.It's still a much more pleasant place than when I was a tyke. The Cyclones, the only thing the Wilpons did right, had a lot to do with that. 

My nephew's prep hockey team plays their home games there at Abe Stark. It's goddamn cold in January. 

The Ford Ampitheatre is a nice venue. But they only seem to get acts on the downside who cannot sell enough tickets to play Jones Beach. Was a time that looked like the Cyclones' stadium would compete-Phish, Def Leppard. But that kind of died. 

So many Russian speakers when I was there last week. It was fun to hear them yelling into cell phones to their families back home. Like a movie or something