Jets Season Predictions

I have been a Jets since 1987 and boy has it been a wild ride. This year I have some hope with the new team like adding workhorse Ty Montgomery to the roster. Anyway here is predictions game by game for the New York Jets baby!

Week 1: Jets vs Bills 

I say things get off to a rocky start. Josh Allen will absolutely torch the Jets lousy defense, meaning the offense is going to have to hold up it's bargain and then some. I say the Jets make it a close game after a couple late touchdowns but still lose.

Final Score: 27-24 Bills over Jets

Week 2: Jets vs Browns

The Jets stand NO chance 

Final Score: 40-17 Browns over Jets 

Week 3: Jets vs Patriots 

After the Patriots start out 1-1, as they always tend to play bad the first 4 weeks of the season the Jets pick up a win after a bad but typical throw from Darnold gets tipped into the hands of Robby Anderson with 3:38 left to play.

Final Score: 21-20 Jets over Patriots 

Week 5: Jets vs Eagles

By this time in the season Carson Wentz will be in prime form with nothing holding him back and the Eagles looking like contenders

Final Score: 34-23 Eagles over Jets

Week 6: Jets vs Cowboys 

This game should be a really close one until you reason that Sam Darnold is the qb 

Final Score 21-13 Cowboys over Jets

Week 7: Jets vs Patriots

The Jets will never be able to defeat the Patriots twice in one season

Final Score 25-19 Patriots over Jets

Week 8: Jets vs Jaguars

Things start to come together here for the Jets after Sam has a hot first half that is enough to hold off the Jaguars 

Final Score 3-0 Jets over Jaguars

Week 9: Jets vs Dolphins

I really don't see anyway the Jets losing this one 

Final Score: 24-16 Jets over Dolphins

Week 10: Jets vs Giants

Saquon Barkley will have a field day setting the record for most rushing yards in a game with 312

Final Score: 35-17 Giants over Jets

Week 11: Jets vs Redskins

The Redskins will have hotshot rookie Dwayne Haskins at quarterback but a Leonard Williams sack knocks him out of the game early causing Colt McCoy to come in screwing up the Jets game plan and not knowing how to stop the former Texas qb he leads a 4th quarter come from behind win

Final Score: 27-25 Redskins over Jets

Week 12: Jets vs Raiders

After CJ Mosley gets into a fist fight with Gruden in the pregame the Raiders have no head coach causing them to have complete chaos.

Final Score 17-9 Jets over Raiders

Week 13; Jets vs Bengals 

The Jets have no answer for Andy Dalton as the Bengals cruise to victory 

Final Score 37-20 Bengals over Jets

Week 14: Jets vs Dolphins 

By now Josh Rosen figured out the Miami system and is tearing it up, but due to Adam Gase hiring a spy to learn the Dolphins signals the Jets come out on top

Final Score 18-10 Jets over Dolphins

Week 15: Jets vs Ravens

Two players from the Jets return to Baltimore. One is a bum and the other is a legend of course. Ty Montgomery being the legend and Mosley being the bum. With emotions running high the Ravens crush the Jets

Final Score 39-14 Ravens over Jets

Week 16: Jets vs Steelers

The Jets pull out a W due to Le'veon having the game of a lifetime with 400 scrimmage yards and four touchdowns kinda like that game Jamal Charles had against the Raiders 

Final Score 35-17 Jets over Steelers

Week 17: Jets vs Bills

The Jets end the season on a good note thanks to heroic efforts from Jamieson Crowder 

Final Score 28-21 Jets over Bills

I hope you guys like my predictions ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 28

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called 'gitche gumee'
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy
With a load of iron ore twenty-six thousand tons more
Than the Edmund Fitzgerald weighed empty
That good ship and crew was a bone to be chewed
When the gales of November came early

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Since Al Groh in 2000 every season the Jets had a new head coach they've had a winning season. 9-7, 10-6 , 10-6, 9-7 and 10-6. They've made the playoffs 3 out of the 5 years with their new head coaches. This season will be no different. Jets will be 11-5 and in the playoffs! 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SamSanchez146 said:

I have been a Jets since 1987 and boy has it been a wild ride. This year I have some hope with the new team like adding workhorse Ty Montgomery to the roster. Anyway here is predictions game by game for the New York Jets baby!

Saquon Barkley will have a field day setting the record for most rushing yards in a game with 312

I hope you guys like my predictions ;)

Yeah thank God we have Ty. He may not dress for most games but he would probably start at WR on the Giants.

The one thing I am sure of is that we will have a better records than the little giants. 

• Upvote 3

Geezus. Dumb and dumber.

Week 8: Jets vs Jaguars

Things start to come together here for the Jets after Sam has a hot first half that is enough to hold off the Jaguars 

Final Score 3-0 Jets over Jaguars

This is ridiculous and not even consistent with the comments. A hot hand in the first half (why?) but scores a total of a field goal in the entire game? Just dumb.

So in effect, our daring poster suggests that the Jets will be terrible against the run, despite Adams, Mosley, Williamson, the Williams boys, and Anderson, as well as Jenkins who is good against the run. Barkley catching passes in the flats might make a tiny bit of sense, but a monster rushing day? Why? You could spout this out of a hat. It's based on nothing I know about the Jets.

After CJ Mosley gets into a fist fight with Gruden in the pregame the Raiders have no head coach causing them to have complete chaos.

Trolled Jetnation and Raiderholic in one post.  Bravo!

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, peebag said:

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called 'gitche gumee'
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy
With a load of iron ore twenty-six thousand tons more
Than the Edmund Fitzgerald weighed empty
That good ship and crew was a bone to be chewed
When the gales of November came early

Gordon Lightfoot is still touring!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm not the optimistic fan tat will always say "This is our year" every off season, but I really believe we will do some damage this year, and that we are under the radar.

I truthfully believe we finish 10-6, and get the 6th seed in the playoffs.

If that happens, watch the people willing to come here next year after this core starts to show signs of being a contender.

Even though we don't have a lot of "name recognition players" to grab national headlines, I think we are only a couple of pieces on the OL and CB away from being a threat to overtake the East, and possibly the AFC.  It wont be this year, but assuming we don't crash and burn, my expectations are currently through the roof for 2020.

Add in the fact we have a GM now who believes in building up the trenches, I have the utmost confidence these are the areas he attacks, if he doesn't make a big play before the season starts or before the deadline if we get off to a nice start.

25 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

Trolled Jetnation and Raiderholic in one post.  Bravo!

The Jets defense isn't stopping the Raiders passing offense all day .( will be going up and down the field ).     They are putting up at least 35 points on the Jets defense.   So how seriously can you take someone that has the Raiders scoring 9 points only .    Jets run defense should be pretty good, but they have more holes on pass defense , than Swiss cheese. 

Raiders offense line easily a top five unit.  Where are Jets getting pressure from.  Interior - Nope lg R Incognito , C Rodney Hudson , and RG Gabe Jackson easily handle your interior defense line.     Trent Brown has 150 pound advantage on J Polite( comic relief it's going to be seeing him try to pass rush on Brown)   , and Jenkins isn't doing anything against Kolton Miller.

• Thumb Down 4

27 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Jets defense isn't stopping the Raiders passing offense all day .( will be going up and down the field ).     They are putting up at least 35 points on the Jets defense.   So how seriously can you take someone that has the Raiders scoring 9 points only .    Jets run defense should be pretty good, but they have more holes on pass defense , than Swiss cheese. 

Raiders offense line easily a top five unit.  Where are Jets getting pressure from.  Interior - Nope lg R Incognito , C Rodney Hudson , and RG Gabe Jackson easily handle your interior defense line.     Trent Brown has 150 pound advantage on J Polite( comic relief it's going to be seeing him try to pass rush on Brown)   , and Jenkins isn't doing anything against Kolton Miller.

What passing offense?  Did the Raiders get a QB that Gruden likes, trusts?  AB changed all of that?  You had a top WR and sucked.

Raiders offense is easily a top 5 offense?  LOL, based on what?  Their bottom of the league ranking a year ago?  The 1980s Gruden coaching style?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Stopped reading when you said the Jets had no chance against the Cleveland Browns. 

SAR I

I stopped reading when he stood on Ty Montgomery LMAO

We have Le'Veon Bell on the team, but Ty Montgomery is who he chooses to stand by.

Unreal.

It just never ends here at JN - Just Negative

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So why did you make it seem like you were a Jets fan since 1987. What a puss.

Dude your name is Patriot Killa the Jets are nothing but a small speed bump for the the pats into the parking lot of a luxury hotel called the super bowl

• Thumb Down 6

9 minutes ago, SamSanchez146 said:

Dude your name is Patriot Killa the Jets are nothing but a small speed bump for the the pats into the parking lot of a luxury hotel called the super bowl

And the last time the Jets played the Ravens, Geno Smith tore you a new ass with his surgically repaired jaw. I’m very impressed with the amount of audacity you have.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, SamSanchez146 said:

And you're the dumb assed twit fan of another team trying hard as hell to stir shlt here and its not working.  

Just a bad fan of a team no one cares about doing a horrific job of trolling.  

Best part?  You'll be gone soon enough, one way or another.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1