C.J. Mosley says NFL will regret 'sleeping' on Jets

10 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

I remember  a cologne  called Joop, that was pretty  strong.

I am so bored with Beetles now.

That's' so  yesterday's news.

Street fair in my town tonight, alcohol will be imbibed, bannings will be dropping. 

Beatles, dude, Beatles. I raised my kids right. Where were your folks? 

9 minutes ago, slats said:

Street fair in my town tonight, alcohol will be imbibed, bannings will be dropping. 

Beatles, dude, Beatles. I raised my kids right. Where were your folks? 

Lol  I'm saying I've heard them enough already.

My town is doing the same thing tomorrow. Bands in the alleys and stuff

1 minute ago, Hackenberg said:

Lop I'm saying I've heard them enough already.

My town is doing the same thing tomorrow. Bands in the alleys and stuff

When you're not pretending to be the oracle, you demonstrate some good taste in entertainment. Disappointed that you're not feeling the greatest band that ever was or ever will be. I'll never hear enough. My kids won't collect their inheritance unless they play the proper amount of Beatles at my funeral and subsequent shiva sittings (with Always Look at the Bright Side of Life playing as my casket is walked out of the venue). That's in writing. Beatles and lox, baby. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

No there was input ... Im going to say that its very possible Chris Johnson fired Mac when he did by design knowing there would be no competition for a new GM which made our chances much better at landing the guy we wanted rather than battle it out between 4 or 5 other teams next January

I actually believe there was some of this going on, but then the right answer was for Chris to basically tell Mac to give Gase the scouting reports and have him make the picks.  

That is what the Bills did when they fired Whaley around the same time Mac got fired.  

9 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Watching some of the practices and having some of these new players around with the new coaching staff kind of reminds me of the first 2 years with bringing Rex in. A new coaching staff who instills confidence in there players. One of Rex's first move was bringing his QB of his defense with in in Bart Scott. We have a way better version in Mosley. 

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/02/cj-mosley-nfl-sleeping-on-jets/ 

“Now that we’ve got a new little mix-up, got some new people around and some new faces, we’re all eager and we’re all ready,” Mosley toldthe team’s website recently. “We know the whole NFL is sleeping on the Jets, so we’re ready to prove them wrong.

“I think we’re eager,” Mosley said. “Definitely young, and we know that. But as a group and collectively, we already know the people that have been here, the coaches that have been here and all they’ve heard since they’ve been here is we’ll lose.”

Mosley will play a major role in driving that ideology this season. A five-year veteran of the Baltimore Ravens — one of the more well-run organizations in football — Mosley should bring his leadership experience on and off the field to a young defensive core featuring Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, Leonard Williams and 2019 first-round pick Quinnen Williams.

Having come from a team like the Ravens, Mosley should also inspire confidence for the Jets. If he truly believes the Jets will be better than expected, there likely is a reason for that. There remains a lot of unknowns as the team marches toward training camp, but Mosley’s confident any questions surrounding the ability of this Jets team will be answered quickly.

I loved Rex's motivational speeches. I will always miss him. He was a good man with a good heart that unfortunately got screwed over by idiots for General Managers. He was by and far away three times the coach Toilet Bowles ever will be.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

I remember  a cologne  called Joop, that was pretty  strong.

I am so bored with Beetles now.

That's' so  yesterday's news.

The Beatles.  They’re timeless, even kids in HS now appreciate their music, I got to see them in concert the three times they played in L.A.  

12 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

The Beatles.  They’re timeless, even kids in HS now appreciate their music, I got to see them in concert the three times they played in L.A.  

They appreciate  them because  they haven't  heard them over and over and over.  I moved on in the 80s when I started going to local band gigs in LA..

Goth, punk, new wave, alternative, etc

6 hours ago, slats said:

Josh Rosen is immobile, Kyler Murray personifies mobility. They're a team to watch this year. If I were a Cards fan, I'd be very excited about the Murray experiment. 

But really, same reason I'm not nearly as hung up on the Jets' OL as a lot of folks here. Sam's no Kyler Murray, but he has pocket awareness, moves well, and is more than capable of keeping plays alive. He and Le'Veon Bell are gonna make the OL look better than it is. Maybe even get a better PFF rating!  

And every mobile QB who has played behind a bad OL gets beat up.  Vick was the most sacked QB for a few year for example.  If I was a Cards fan I would be scared out of my mind over this experiment.  A low level, young inexperienced HC whos never coached in the NFL.  

I get Rosen was immobile.  Hes not a statue though.  That line gave him little to no time, I totally expect him to have a better career that KMurray.  I could be way off but to me they traded away a top QB prospect for a QB who would have been a day two pick a year earlier.

I think it will be something interesting to watch

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And every mobile QB who has played behind a bad OL gets beat up.  Vick was the most sacked QB for a few year for example.  If I was a Cards fan I would be scared out of my mind over this experiment.  A low level, young inexperienced HC whos never coached in the NFL.  

I get Rosen was immobile.  Hes not a statue though.  That line gave him little to no time, I totally expect him to have a better career that KMurray.  I could be way off but to me they traded away a top QB prospect for a QB who would have been a day two pick a year earlier.

I think it will be something interesting to watch

Agree the cardinals OL is by far the worst in the nfl.  I can see them having a rough year

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Being skeptical of things is allowed and predicting based off of previous results isn’t negative. Stop trying to dictate what people should say, it’s lame. 

Im not trying to dictate anything Im just saying its about time we push some positive energy to this football team

The talk is more for the team than the fans. Teams without QBs pretty much have no chance & last years Jets were getting their feet wet under Sam Darnold. Darnold gives the defensive players hope. 

Its like a street fight where the 2 gangs meet in the middle of the street, than 2 of the leaders make there way to the front to be the 1st to rumble. On the Jets side we now have Sam Darnold as that guy instead of Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown. 

For the defense, the job is to get the ball back for Darnold. Mosely is a much more mobile Bart Scott type QB of the defense. Gregg Williams has tools to do that, and if Sam & the offense can score TDs Mosely knows the Jets have enough dogs in the front 7 to make the pocket uncomfortable for all of the younger QBs they'll face outside of Brady this year. Last year any bold talk was just false confidence, this year they truly believe themselves.

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im sure kyler murray beieves teams are sleeping on the cardinals.

Is their any team out there who wasnt good last year that doesnt think the league is sleeping on them?

Are there any good teams from last year who also don't think the league is sleeping on them?  Weren't the Pats playing the "nobody believes in us" card last year?  I'm sure this year they'll do it again with "they didn't believe in us last year and now we're a year older".

The team that "everyone" believes in is probably the Rams.  Other than that, every team probably can come up with an argument for why they're being disrespected.  Even the Chefs lost Hunt and I assume will lose Hill.

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I didn’t realize you had appointed yourself Lieutenant of the Football Words Police. 

Rutgers you need to just cool out man ... All I did was make a suggestion . I'm not sure exactly why that's such an issue with you 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Rutgers you need to just cool out man ... All I did was make a suggestion . I'm not sure exactly why that's such an issue with you 

Rutgers needs to unwrap his head, it’s too tight.... in his mind distraught negatively is perfectly fine but a hint of positivity is the devil

On 7/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

I feel like we get this article every offseason and it’s just a different dude saying the same thing. 

True, but I think Mosley has a bit more credibility than Skrine 

Still a work in progress but a few pieces are coming together and if the Jets can get some OL and DB help from roster cuts or a DL trade and Sam takes the next step they could make a run

Should be fun to watch either way since Greg Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kacy Rodgers

and 7-9 wins is >> 4

team has a chance to win more games then last two years combined...