Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TeddEY

JN Run Club

Recommended Posts

On 9/27/2019 at 11:12 AM, Matt39 said:

Goal is to break 23:00 in next 5K. I have thankfully gotten back into the swing of things.

I ran a 5 K in 24 and change and I’m 57.   You can do this. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need some motivation.

ive been running on a consistent basis for about 7 years averaging 60 k week. My average pace ( if you were wondering was 5:15/k) 

i was diagnosed with non Hodgkins in 2016. Did chemo for about 10 months in 2017 all the while I  still kept running about 3-5 times week. 

Health wise, I’m doing good. I Kept running up until this summer, then I just suddenly stopped, no joke just like Forrest Gump.

please help me get off my fat ass before I turn into a marshmallow 

thanks

ps, I can’t believe how many of us Jets fan actually run!

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just qualified this weekend for NYC2020.

I'm going to have to get back into shape.  This could get ugly.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Just qualified this weekend for NYC2020.

I'm going to have to get back into shape.  This could get ugly.

Good luck. 

I remember years ago (1980s) when I qualified in the spring for the NYC Triathlon Championships which took place in the fall.  Took some time off and I fell out of shape.  Never even made it to the finish liine of the Championships; only race I ever started that I couldn't finish.  Don't let yourself fall too far, it is easier to stay in shape than get back in shape.

Hopefully your experience will be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

Good luck. 

I remember years ago (1980s) when I qualified in the spring for the NYC Triathlon Championships which took place in the fall.  Took some time off and I fell out of shape.  Never even made it to the finish liine of the Championships; only race I ever started that I couldn't finish.  Don't let yourself fall too far, it is easier to stay in shape than get back in shape.

Hopefully your experience will be better.

I think I’ll be okay.  I have 10.5 months and you really only need 4.  So, I figure over the next 6 if I can build a base where 10-12M is relatively easy, I’ll be good to start pressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think humans were meant to run marathons.  Swimming seems like a much better exercise on your joints.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 8:29 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think humans were meant to run marathons.  Swimming seems like a much better exercise on your joints.  

https://www.amazon.com/Born-Run-Hidden-Superathletes-Greatest/dp/0307279189

013060F4-8EE2-4291-8150-8F5D39DDF039.thumb.jpeg.939fc68d4eb56697b81f974afd5f2262.jpeg

There’s a school of thinking that we were actually uniquely evolved for exactly that purpose.  That it’s ‘bad for your joints’ is because 1) Nike and 2) we got fat and lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TeddEY said:

https://www.amazon.com/Born-Run-Hidden-Superathletes-Greatest/dp/0307279189

013060F4-8EE2-4291-8150-8F5D39DDF039.thumb.jpeg.939fc68d4eb56697b81f974afd5f2262.jpeg

There’s a school of thinking that we were actually uniquely evolved for exactly that purpose.  That it’s ‘bad for your joints’ is because 1) Nike and 2) we got fat and lazy.

*not evolved to run marathons on long stretches of concrete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

*not evolved to run marathons on long stretches of concrete

Sure, yes.  Not concrete, but to run great distances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to run 3 to 5 miles about 4 times a week back until a few weeks before my daughter was born.  Haven't really ran since and am in comparatively bad shape compared to 2015.  I did make it a goal to get back into this year.  Hopefully I will be running 5k and 10k races by some point this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never liked recreational running.

I could run all day or sprint like crazy for any sport but just running has never been for me.  Cycling on the other hand is what I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly obtuse observation, but I run through a relatively metro area with an interstate in close proximity. Have any of you runners noticed a change in air quality since the quasi-quarantine orders have come down? (FTR, the route I take is mostly secluded and doesn’t pass through residential areas). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...