Whats the word on Jachai Polite, any news for someone stuck in S. Florida?

3 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

He's probably been asked to gain ~50 lbs so he can play DT and rotate with Leo and Q to keep them fresh.

ANd why would that be?

Or was it a lame joke left over from the last regime?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

I thought it was decent at worst, and quite obviously a joke.

Sorry to let you down though, sometimes I amaze sometimes I dissapoint. 

LOL, hoping it was a joke that missed the mark.

Happens. :)

On a more serious note, I know Polite's a bit of an anomoly with how he tested, and all the interviews he presumably bombed, but if this kid can get it together it will be the steal of the draft. 

Due to the abundance of pass rushers in the draft this year, picking Polite in the 3rd was a great pick, imo. Most other years some team would have gambled in the 2nd for a guy with his film,  especially at a premium position like edge rusher. I voiced my dissapointment when the Jets drafted Q in round 1(although i came around and will root like hell for him to succeed), and i screamed with joy when Polite was taken in the 3rd. All of a couple months before the draft he was considered a top 20 pick by most. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

On a more serious note, I know Polite's a bit of an anomoly with how he tested, and all the interviews he presumably bombed, but if this kid can get it together it will be the steal of the draft.

Agreed.  This will make or break Macc's draft, and help decide whether or not he deserves a contract extension. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

South Florida? He went to UF which is in hillbilly swampville and lived in Daytona. As far as his injury goes they just say lingering hammy. 

Actually, UF is in Gainesville - a relatively swamp-free area of Florida that is mostly uplands and forested with longleaf pine and hardwoods.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I voiced my dissapointment when the Jets drafted Q in round 1(although i came around and will root like hell for him to succeed), and i screamed with joy when Polite was taken in the 3rd. All of a couple months before the draft he was considered a top 20 pick by most. 

I didn't mind Q going 3rd so much because the market for a trade back seemed slim. I found my self screaming when all of the good OL/CB went off the board in the second round. 

There was no reason we couldn't package together some picks to move up in the back end of round 2. 

It would be cool if someone can post some stuff put on pre-draft on the Jets potentially drafting Polite. 

To be honest I never heard of him until his name was called on draft day. 

Polite lasting until the 3rd round and Macc having the nuts to take him is just another example of our incredible recent run of luck. A family member just graduated from UF and I watched almost every game. Polite played very well against top level competition. His game film was very impressive and he was slotted as an mid 1st round pick BEFORE the combine. His post draft interviews show a fairly intelligent guy who can put a few sentences together.

Yeah, he lost a bunch of $$$ by not training and putting up decent combine numbers. His loss turned into our gain. Whether he received bad advice and just wasn't smart enough to realize how important the combine numbers are to the analytical junkies or he thought actual game performance would be more important than 40 times. The report of bad interviews are a load of BS. With teams asking questions like is your mother a prostitute, who knows what they actually asked him.

Facts are he should have trained for the combine and had his agents prep him with canned responses to interview questions but as a result his loss will turn out to be a steal for the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I don't think you've ever actually BEEN to Florida.

I go every year for a week to visit buddies in Tampa, Naples, and Orlando...  I have the vaccination records to prove it.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Pac said:

No usually I get the LAIV (flu), TDAP (tetanus), and VAR (varicella) before and after I go.

One thing you don't see in sunny Fla is people walking down the street and then stopping to drop a deuce on the sidewalk. One other thing in NYC (I escaped a long time ago) is Mayor Bill de Blasio. (Mike drop emoji here) - just wouldn't waste my time looking for it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

One thing you don't see in sunny Fla is people walking down the street and then stopping to drop a deuce on the sidewalk. One other thing in NYC (I escaped a long time ago) is Mayor Bill de Blasio. (Mike drop emoji here) - just wouldn't waste my time looking for it.

You haven’t been in Dade in a while then. 

• Upvote 1