Whats the word on Jachai Polite, any news for someone stuck in S. Florida?

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The Cuban flair is getting smaller in Dade. It’s getting more ghetto and even more 3rd world. 

The best thing about Fla is concealed carry permits and the Castle Domain law, not to be confused with the Stand your Ground law. Castle Domain law says criminals who break into an occupied dwelling due so at their own risk and the homeowner has no criminal or civil liability when they defend their home.

8 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

The best thing about Fla is concealed carry permits and the Castle Domain law, not to be confused with the Stand your Ground law. Castle Domain law says criminals who break into an occupied dwelling due so at their own risk and the homeowner has no criminal or civil liability when they defend their home.

The best thing about Florida is that it’ll be underwater in twenty years and we can be rid of vast swaths of social security leeches. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

I didn't mind Q going 3rd so much because the market for a trade back seemed slim. I found my self screaming when all of the good OL/CB went off the board in the second round. 

There was no reason we couldn't package together some picks to move up in the back end of round 2. 

It would be cool if someone can post some stuff put on pre-draft on the Jets potentially drafting Polite. 

To be honest I never heard of him until his name was called on draft day. 

To move back into the second the Jets most likely would have had to use both of their 3's to select an OL  that is going to be a ?.  As it turned out they got an OL in the 3rd who from what I've read is an excellent pass protector, and has ? also.  Darnold has spoken very well of him 

If you hadn't heard of  Polite before the Jets drafted him I have to assume you don't follow NCAA football.  Polite had as much production playing in the SEC as any ER in the draft.  His game tape is terrific. 

I'm going to wait until January to make any judgement on the 3rd round picks 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Unlike NY where they send you to prison for defending yourself and family. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

To move back into the second the Jets most likely would have had to use both of their 3's to select an OL  that that is going to be a ?.  As it turned out they got an OL in the 3rd who from what I've read is an excellent pass protector, and has ? also.  Darnold has spoken very well of him 

If you hadn't heard of  Polite before the Jets drafted him I have to assume you don't follow NCAA football.  Polite had as much production playing in the SEC as any ER in the draft.  His game tape is terrific. 

The good news is that if Polite is a dog, Gase and Williams and Douglas will get rid of him. You couldn’t say that with the previous regime.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Total bust in the making.

Everyone keeps talking about his bad combine and pro day yet they never mention anything about his playing weight. He's the Darron Lee of OLB's and players with his size profile NEVER succeed in todays NFL as a passrusher.

Just now, RobR said:

Everyone keeps talking about his bad combine and pro day yet they never mention anything about his playing weight. He's the Darron Lee of OLB's and players with his size profile NEVER succeed in todays NFL as a passrusher.

Jason Taylor was 2” taller at the same weigh and did really well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

Even if you discount the various character flags, his athletic profile is worse than Dylan Donahue’s. Then when you bring the character flags in, he’s entirely undraftable. One wonders if this selection was one of the ones that Gase pointed to in order to get Maccagnan out. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Even if you discount the various character flags, his athletic profile is worse than Dylan Donahue’s. Then when you bring the character flags in, he’s entirely undraftable. One wonders if this selection was one of the ones that Gase pointed to in order to get Maccagnan out. 

He has red flags all over him as a draftable prospect and yet some choose to overlook it. I can't wait for the threads about how Polite sucks but I'm happy our GM picked him because he was a boom or bust prospect and we just happened to miss out.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong with a guy that doesn't check any boxes?  

58 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

College height/weights

J Polite 6’3” 245

V Miller  6’3” 247

D Hunter 6’ 5” 250

D Ford 6’ 2” 244

TJ Watt 6’ 5” 243

K Mack 6’ 3” 250

His speed is the issue not his size  

You're still coming up at least 10lbs. light on every name you listed besides Polite. Polite already stated he played at 235lbs. last year and those were the words out of his mouth. As soon as he tried to put on weight, well you can guess the rest. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

College height/weights

J Polite 6’3” 245

V Miller  6’3” 247

D Hunter 6’ 5” 250

D Ford 6’ 2” 244

TJ Watt 6’ 5” 243

K Mack 6’ 3” 250

His speed is the issue not his size  

Atheltically, this is like sticking a dump truck on a list of Ferraris and Lambos. 

17 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It’s a bunch of inbred hicks. 

AA80001C-9C30-4BB2-8AAC-4EA0190E4CA1.jpeg

Damn - How’d y’all git my piture? Eyes in Daytona Beach rite now. Just had lunch wit Jachai’s Mom. Tryin to get her to buy dis house on da river wit her sons signing bonus money. Just passed da real estate exam. 10 questions - guessed on each one and passed. Mom said he’s fine. He went to Krystal’s wit some neighbors after da tackle football game in da pasture. He stepped in a hole and sprained his ankle but Mom said he could still walk so he fine. Will report back latar. Bye bye now y’all.

8 hours ago, RobR said:

You're still coming up at least 10lbs. light on every name you listed besides Polite. Polite already stated he played at 235lbs. last year and those were the words out of his mouth. As soon as he tried to put on weight, well you can guess the rest. 

I’ve never seen him listed at 235. 245 is the lightest I’ve seen. His dumbass gained weight before the combine, showed up at 258 and looked like he was running in mud with rubber boots on. 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, RobR said:

Curious though, since you agree that he did get the advice to put on weight for reasons you've stated above; do you think that combine was truly indicative on his athletic profile?  As someone who watched his entire college career, I think there is validity to the fact he put on weight, his body couldnt handle it hence the injuries and poor performance at the combine at that weight.  I've quoted Grantham before claiming he's right behind Ware and Houston from a twitch perspective. 

Not that I disagree with your overall assessment on his weight at the NFL level, I was shocked by the pick but have warmed up to it because of what I saw from him in college.  I'm just kind of curious because it seems as though you're acknowledging the purposeful weight gain but ignoring what he did at the weight he played at in college that didnt hold him back in the SEC.

And comparing him to Darron Lee isnt fair.  Darren Lee could never play Football.  Polite can. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The best thing about Florida is that it’ll be underwater in twenty years and we can be rid of vast swaths of social security leeches. 

Best looking women obtainable women are in S. Florida. With the possible exception of California.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Dont punish the state for the NY transplants

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RobR said:

It's hard for me to believe, that with modern training regimens and equipment, that an NFL training staff can't find a way to add some weight on a player, while retaining the skills that made us draft him.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Texas.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The great thing about S.Florida though is the area of great looking females is so condensed. Texas is such a huge State. In an hour you could drive from Palm beach County to Miami. There's a smorgashborg of hot women, between those points

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

To move back into the second the Jets most likely would have had to use both of their 3's to select an OL  that is going to be a ?.  As it turned out they got an OL in the 3rd who from what I've read is an excellent pass protector, and has ? also.  Darnold has spoken very well of him 

I’m not knocking our 3rd round picks. The kid out of USC is a great pass blocker which can make him a candidate for Beachums replacement at LT next year if he plays well in a limited roll this year.

Polite’s tape screams edge rusher and you are correct I don’t watch much SEC lol 

ILB 5th pick Cashman (broke mans Darren Lee)

CB 6th pick Austin (won’t play due to injury this year)

Package a 3rd,5th,6th might have been enough to move into the back end of second / high 3rd

In the third were still quality centers Jordan/Gaillard/McGroven

35 minutes ago, genot said:

Best looking women obtainable women are in S. Florida. With the possible exception of California.

Florida is the unattended grease trap of the American kitchen. It is the P-trap of the American sink. It is the clogged drainage ditch of the American superhighway. The grisly drain on the floor of the American morgue.

Unfortunately NYC has become a literal cesspool of garbage.  Every block has become, if possible, filthier. It had gotten better under Giuliani but has now reached disgusting levels. And being ruled by leftist liberals who tax you up the arse but don't make substantial improvements in the lives of NYC residents. Sorry but I'll take S. Florida any day

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Florida is the unattended grease trap of the American kitchen. It is the P-trap of the American sink. It is the clogged drainage ditch of the American superhighway. The grisly drain on the floor of the American morgue.

Lol. Im not talking about Florida as a state to settle down in, long term. But sh.., hang out on Las Olas Blvd, or Citi place on a thursday night or any of the state colleges and you'll learn to love the one aspect of S. Florida life, that's undeniably attractive.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

LOL It has been since the NY'er started flooding here in the 70's.   Everything south of Palm Beach is either  Lil NY, or a 3rd world country.

Get north of Sebastian and it's still beautiful 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, aagarcia said:

Unfortunately NYC has become a literal cesspool of garbage.  Every block has become, if possible, filthier. It had gotten better under Giuliani but has now reached disgusting levels. And being ruled by leftist liberals who tax you up the arse but don't make substantial improvements in the lives of NYC residents. Sorry but I'll take S. Florida any day

“Excuuuuuuuse meeeee Hobbitsesssss, but weeee ACTUALLY like it heeeeere in Mordorrrrrrrrr. The Shiiiiiiiire is toooooo LIBERAL and <vomits rat skeleton> pricey! <bites head off live frog>”

• Upvote 3