Jump to content
Jetsfan80

NFL.com's Elliot Harrison: Top 25 QB's of All-Time

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

100 Percent correct. Everyone that played knew it, anyone that watched knew it...you reasonably argue anything but that he was head and shoulder above his peers....

 

You would think Jet fans would know this. The greatest qb they list isn't even better than guys he plays against let along of all time. I think it is without question Joe Namath. 

 

You telling me Manning, Rogers, etc wouldn't argue being better than brady, hell Eli beat him twice in the super bowl how do you have that and say he better than bradshaw, montana etc.

I mean you could argue Namath had only 1 stellar season then injuries took him out of it but the game the way it was played, no way can you argue he isn't the greatest. 

 

 

Injuries count.  Unfortunately he was damaged goods when he entered the league.  He's bailed the most important player in the history of pro football and he was one of the most gifted but injuries robbed him of displaying that talent for very long.  

Eli didn't beat Brady twice, Eli's D's beat him twice.

Brady is far and away the best of all time.  No one has done it at that level for that amount of time.  If Montana could have played at a high level another 4-5 seasons he'd be in the discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This troll doth protest too much. 

He knows Brady cheated, knows the Pats stole a SB from the Rams, knows Wilson hands off and the game is over, knows he didn’t tuck but rather fumbled and there is NO comparison to the defensive mugging allowed in Montana’s day and the whining that benefited Brady more than anyone in the NFL.

And he also knows Brady was built on steroids and HGH. 

And never saw Namath.  

Its ok to troll.  Just be better at it  

 

I'm bringing facts, you are bringing excuses.  You are the one trolling.

Namath himself called Brady the best of all time but to you Joe is better because you had a crush on Joe as a kid.

Defenses weren't allowed to mug in the 80s and 90s.  In the 80s people complained the games was getting too soft and the rules benefiting offenses too much.  People complain about that in every era. 

You keep making excuses, it's a heck of an argument 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troll keeps trolling. 

None of those are facts, they are slanted opinions formed by some inordinate and unhealthy man-love of Brady and unexplainable hatred of Joe Namath. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peace Frog said:

Troll keeps trolling. 

None of those are facts, they are slanted opinions formed by some inordinate and unhealthy man-love of Brady and unexplainable hatred of Joe Namath. 

 

I don't hate Joe, I don't like Brady but I can speak about them objectively.  It's painful but I have to be honest, you should try it some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Montana had Brady’s steroids and HGH and played in this pussy era he would have played 8-10 who knows how many more years and gone to 6 more SBs. 

Oh, and won them all. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

nyjunc is a disgrace, and should delete his own account.

That's harsh. nyjunc is a good and passionate fan with some truly disgusting opinions on things. Granted, those opinions are nauseating, but he'll stand in and defend them to the death. Again, they're horrendous, but he believes in them and has the guts to say so. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

That's harsh. nyjunc is a good and passionate fan with some truly disgusting opinions on things. Granted, those opinions are nauseating, but he'll stand in and defend them to the death. Again, they're horrendous, but he believes in them and has the guts to say so.  

 

That's called perseveration, and is the # 1 quality to be found in a serial killer. 

I'm not accusing nyjunc of being a serial killer, merely saying that stubbornly sticking to something that is factually incorrect or insane despite mounting evidence against it is not a great quality. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

That's called perseveration, and is the # 1 quality to be found in a serial killer. 

I'm not accusing nyjunc of being a serial killer, merely saying that stubbornly sticking to something that is factually incorrect or insane despite mounting evidence against it is not a great quality. 

<Man wakes up tied to a chair in a dank and dingy basement. He's groggy, he doesn't know how he ended up in this predicament, but he knows he's in trouble. On the table in front of him is a Dixie cup filled with a bubbling liquid. From behind him, he hears a voice. It is nyjunc>

NYJUNC: Before you lies a choice, boy. You can either swallow this cup of lye, or you can debate me on who was the better coach: Rex Ryan or Bill Walsh.

MAN: That's...that's it? It's clearly...Bill Walsh, no?

 

<Seven hours pass. At the man's feet lay three empty Dixie cups. Breathlessly, he speaks>

MAN: Bahhhhhhtendahhhh set me up againnnnnnn 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belichick would be awful if he never had Lawrence Taylor or T0m Brady. 

LT played for 13 seasons. 7 under Parcells/Belichick.  He made the playoffs 7 times.  5 of those were under Parcells/Belichick, winning  2 super bowls and going 8-3 in the playoffs for those 5 appearances.  In his other 2 playoff appearances ('81 and '93) he went 2-2.  Bill Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick on his staff.  Not one.  Yet, Lil' Bill is overrated because he has had the audacity to coach two of the greatest ever?  Unlike some people, I tend to think that if Peyton Manning had a better coach than Dungy this conversation would be very different.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Injuries count.  Unfortunately he was damaged goods when he entered the league.  He's bailed the most important player in the history of pro football and he was one of the most gifted but injuries robbed him of displaying that talent for very long.  

Eli didn't beat Brady twice, Eli's D's beat him twice.

Brady is far and away the best of all time.  No one has done it at that level for that amount of time.  If Montana could have played at a high level another 4-5 seasons he'd be in the discussion.

If montana or Joe Namath would not have been mugged every play like Brady has enjoyed, they would not have lost to Eli.

 

But yeah he did lose to the giants def thanks for keeping me honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Where is Eli on this list by the way?

He is on the cusp of all time greatness with his best work yet to come.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Belichick would be awful if he never had Lawrence Taylor or T0m Brady. 

LT played for 13 seasons. 7 under Parcells/Belichick.  He made the playoffs 7 times.  5 of those were under Parcells/Belichick, winning  2 super bowls and going 8-3 in the playoffs for those 5 appearances.  In his other 2 playoff appearances ('81 and '93) he went 2-2.  Bill Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick on his staff.  Not one.  Yet, Lil' Bill is overrated because he has had the audacity to coach two of the greatest ever?  Unlike some people, I tend to think that if Peyton Manning had a better coach than Dungy this conversation would be very different.

Parcells took over the dregs of the league and led them all back to postseason.he didn't coach long without BB but bright the 90s Pats to the playoffs with Drew Bledsoe (Drew was 5-13 with BB) then the 00s cowboys to the playoffs with Quincy Carter and Tony Romo.  BB has only won playoff games with the best QB of all time, he's only reached one playoff game without the greatest.

 

Dungy made the playoffs with Trent Dilfer and Shaun King.  Peyton's HCs all achieved without him, BB did nothing without Brady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If montana or Joe Namath would not have been mugged every play like Brady has enjoyed, they would not have lost to Eli.

 

But yeah he did lose to the giants def thanks for keeping me honest.

I don't think you watched Joe Montana play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t trust anything written by a guy who likely still goes to the frat for free beers on Saturdays.

I want my top-25 Mount Rushmore goat of goat lists compiled exclusively by old farts whose biggest dilemma is “Metamucil or Benefiber?” 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

GFY.

Nothing worse than a Jets fan who worships Tom Brady.  Consistent, institutional cheating is the one and and only reason Peyton Manning is considered to be below Tom Brady. 

Lance Armstrong was once considered the best cyclist of all time and then...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Dan Marino is the best QB I've ever seen.

This. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t believe this Namath hating Brady teabagging troll is continuing with his nonsense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A pretty good fair list overall. I think anyone who's upset or offended by it probably has their own biases.

Well, Youre around 23 years old. You have no clue what's happening.you really don't  have a context of sports history. No one's   upset or offended. They're laughing hysterically.. ..ok, not hysterically.  Just laughing. All in good fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I don't think you watched Joe Montana play.

I wrote it wrong I mean that Brady doesn't nearly get the same kind of physical role the other took. Because of rules etc. I don't think Brady would be as successful in when Montana was playing etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Well, Youre around 23 years old. You have no clue what's happening.you really don't  have a context of sports history. No one's   upset or offended. They're laughing hysterically.. ..ok, not hysterically.  Just laughing. All in good fun.

 

Ouch

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Dan Marino is the best QB I've ever seen.

 

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

This. 

You guys could save us all a lot of time by just saying “I’m Italian and...”

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

 

You guys could save us all a lot of time by just saying “I’m Italian and...”

This sounds racist. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I wrote it wrong I mean that Brady doesn't nearly get the same kind of physical role the other took. Because of rules etc. I don't think Brady would be as successful in when Montana was playing etc.

Rules don't  have sh*t to do with it. They don't' come into effect till after the play is over. If a team was really competing, trying to win. His ass would be on the ground a lot. He'd have retired 10 years ago. Everyone on the field knows,  do not touch pretty little cash cow, Brady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I wrote it wrong I mean that Brady doesn't nearly get the same kind of physical role the other took. Because of rules etc. I don't think Brady would be as successful in when Montana was playing etc.

Brady is 6'4", 225, Montana was 6'2", 200(unless he shrunk he's not 6'2" as I met him a couple of years ago).  The rules have changed as they do in every era as players get bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic.  Brady gets destroyed on hits every year and never misses games.  He's missed 15 games in his career due to injury.  He's started 16 games in 15 seasons, Montana started 16 games in just 2 seasons.

If Montana was more durable he'd at least be in the discussion with Brady, he just didn't play at as high a level for as long as Brady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dolphins had Marino. Bills had Kelly. Patriots have Brady. All in the last 30 years.

Jets are due. Maybe one day Darnold ends up on this list, and we can all look back and think how lucky we were to have him. One can dream.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, T0mShane said:

<Man wakes up tied to a chair in a dank and dingy basement. He's groggy, he doesn't know how he ended up in this predicament, but he knows he's in trouble. On the table in front of him is a Dixie cup filled with a bubbling liquid. From behind him, he hears a voice. It is nyjunc>

NYJUNC: Before you lies a choice, boy. You can either swallow this cup of lye, or you can debate me on who was the better coach: Rex Ryan or Bill Walsh.

MAN: That's...that's it? It's clearly...Bill Walsh, no?

 

<Seven hours pass. At the man's feet lay three empty Dixie cups. Breathlessly, he speaks>

MAN: Bahhhhhhtendahhhh set me up againnnnnnn 

^^^^ Dramatist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Brady is 6'4", 225, Montana was 6'2", 200(unless he shrunk he's not 6'2" as I met him a couple of years ago).  The rules have changed as they do in every era as players get bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic.  Brady gets destroyed on hits every year and never misses games.  He's missed 15 games in his career due to injury.  He's started 16 games in 15 seasons, Montana started 16 games in just 2 seasons.

If Montana was more durable he'd at least be in the discussion with Brady, he just didn't play at as high a level for as long as Brady.

Bro you realize he won back to back Superbowls, whiles getting mugged right? I don't think you saw a game.

You are making the case that Brady is more durable than Montana?

You are dismissing the fact that the two played in defferent eras and that Montana got killed every game and brady did not. You admit that so I guess is does not matter?

Bro Montana is better QB than Brady. He did it against better defenses and looser rules to the detriment of the QB.

But yeah Brady being taller def makes him better QB, and the cheating..def better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Rules don't  have sh*t to do with it. They don't' come into effect till after the play is over. If a team was really competing, trying to win. His ass would be on the ground a lot. He'd have retired 10 years ago. Everyone on the field knows,  do not touch pretty little cash cow, Brady

I think we agree overall but not on the rule thing ... I mean before the whistle QBs used to get mugged like they were carrying gold in Thailand. Now they barely get touched. That is before the whistle. It used to be legal to really take shots at QBs. Nothing compared to today where you have to politely ask them is they wish to get sacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Bro you realize he won back to back Superbowls, whiles getting mugged right? I don't think you saw a game.

You are making the case that Brady is more durable than Montana?

You are dismissing the fact that the two played in defferent eras and that Montana got killed every game and brady did not. You admit that so I guess is does not matter?

Bro Montana is better QB than Brady. He did it against better defenses and looser rules to the detriment of the QB.

But yeah Brady being taller def makes him better QB, and the cheating..def better.

If you think Montana got "killed every game" you didn't watch him play.  

No, Brady being taller, heavier, stronger didn't make him better.  His ability to pay every week and play at an incredible level for almost 20 years makes him better.

I am not bashing Joe as he's a worthy #2 but he's not close to Brady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually a pretty good list, where I would have placed a lot of those guys.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a vastly better list than the Helmet Ranking list was.

List > replies to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Namath deserves to be high on the list. He was not a great statistical leader but changed the dynamics of the league when he brought the AFL (AFC) into parity with the NFL (NFC)  by carrying his team to a SB win.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...