NFL.com's Elliot Harrison: Top 25 QB's of All-Time

On 7/5/2019 at 9:01 AM, TheSage said:

Joe Namath deserves to be high on the list. He was not a great statistical leader but changed the dynamics of the league when he brought the AFL (AFC) into parity with the NFL (NFC)  by carrying his team to a SB win.

Joe did not carry his team, he had a great team and him and the team didn't take off in 1968 until Joe started throwing less and limiting turnovers.

Joe was great briefly, unfortunately his body was not meant to play pro football.  If he was durable he'd be on this list but he wasn't and he doesn't belong in this list.

On 7/3/2019 at 4:47 PM, nyjunc said:

No, no he wasn't.

Agreed Namath wasnt all that he threw more picks then TDs the 69 Jets defense shut down the colts and won that game in the trenches what namath bought to that team was moxie and attitude. He wasnt a bad QB best the Jets ever had but he isnt top 25 QB of all times. I know the lack of wins and losing has turned Namath into larger than life. Any Jets fan that has seen him play knows in 1969 we had a stacked team and were vastly underrated. 

Again this troll sh*tting on Namath. 

I’ve only been here for a few months but it’s evident why folks here feel like he’s the board hemorrhoid with his constant tea-bagging of Brady and the constant bashing of our best QB, a QB that he never saw play. 

It’s pathetic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Again this troll sh*tting on Namath. 

I’ve only been here for a few months but it’s evident why folks here feel like he’s the board hemorrhoid with his constant tea-bagging of Brady and the constant bashing of our best QB, a QB that he never saw play. 

It’s pathetic. 

It’s very evident who’s new here and who’s been here for some time. The latter know better than to engage/respond to him while watching the former work their way to the same conclusion.

• Sympathy 1

Again this troll sh*tting on Namath.  I’ve only been here for a few months but it’s evident why folks here feel like he’s the board hemorrhoid with his constant tea-bagging of Brady and the constant bashing of our best QB, a QB that he never saw play.  It’s pathetic. 

Plus he spends months talking to himself in the college forum about UNC Basketball, despite not being an alum, and talking down to people for having the audacity of supporting athletic programs at other schools they actually attended.

He’s one of the worst end results of the most recent JI to JN migration.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Plus he spends months talking to himself in the college forum about UNC Basketball, despite not being an alum, and talking down to people for having the audacity of supporting athletic programs at other schools they actually attended.

Lol stop. No way. 

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It’s very evident who’s new here and who’s been here for some time. The latter know better than to engage/respond to him while watching the former work their way to the same conclusion.

It’s funny, he keeps trying to convince folks here he’s bringing “truth and facts” but they are really just slanted opinions and he keeps saying he doesn’t like Brady and doesn’t hate Namath but it’s clear he’s a Pats fan that adores Brady’s ball sack and constantly sh*ts all over Namath. 

What a dick. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Check out the college basketball thread some time if you don’t mind your eyes bleeding a bit.

His username should be FakeTarheelBradySlurper

He didn’t go to UNC?

Don’t tell me, he’s a Notre Dame football fan but didn’t go there either. 

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

Dont even need to read the thread to know it descends into nyjunc repeatedly dunking on irrational Brady haters like jetsfan80.

Counterpoint: constantly ball-washing a cheating division rival while bashing the one legit player this team has ever had would be the irrational take. In the context of being a fanatic on a fanatic’s messageboard, hating the division rival cheater is actually rational.

How does it feel to champion the consistently worst and most irrational poster on the site? 

• Sympathy 1

Dont even need to read the thread to know it descends into nyjunc repeatedly dunking on irrational Brady haters like jetsfan80.  

Yikes. You used to be intelligent.

When a golfer cheats once, other golfers won’t include him in their foursome ever again.

The Pats get caught cheating twice, plus have a long history of shady, mysterious events like opposing helmets losing their radio signals, playbooks going missing, and a mathematically impossible home field advantage. And yet Brady gets worshipped. By Jets fans.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In most instances I generally enjoy his posts. He’s got a good grasp of data and how to use it to tell a story. But it’s like he has some obscure PTSD that makes him go full stupid when it comes to brady.

I mean, he just championed the same clown who thinks Namath isn’t deserving of the HoF, Tony Dungy is the reason for Peyton’s success, Sanchez & Pennington are better QBs than Favre, and a 2x SB MVP is a scrub who doesn’t even belong in the conversation for the HoF.

• Sympathy 1

In most instances I generally enjoy his posts. He’s got a good grasp of data and how to use it to tell a story. But it’s like he has some obscure PTSD that makes him go full stupid when it comes to brady.
I mean, he just championed the same clown who thinks Namath isn’t deserving of the HoF, Tony Dungy is the reason for Peyton’s success, Sanchez & Pennington are better QBs than Favre, and a 2x SB MVP is a scrub who doesn’t even belong in the conversation for the HoF.

He’ll come back and say he’s just trying to annoy me, even though he has a track record of saying Brady is the best QB ever, consistently.
@CTM what are your thoughts on Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens?
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When a golfer cheats once, other golfers won’t include him in their foursome ever again.

The Pats get caught cheating twice, plus have a long history of shady, mysterious events like opposing helmets losing their radio signals, playbooks going missing, and a mathematically impossible home field advantage. And yet Brady gets worshipped. By Jets fans.

Yes and every time they get caught "cheating" and you yucko's predict thier demise it's very surprising when they continue to dominate. Remember after spy gate when the mystery of Brady was finally solved and would unravel only to watch them field the most dominant offense of all time. Good times.

Give it up, the guy is probably the hardest working player in the league and wasnt born into NFL royalty like Manning or blessed with tremendous physical gifts like Marino. 

17 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ftr. I disagree with all of the second paragraph but I'm not sure which 2x SB MVP he thinks is a scrub.  

I just think Brady is a marvel and really can appreciate how he had to scrap for everything hes gotten.

I also, as a rule, think most NFL players (actually professional athletes)  skirt the rules, namely in the form of PED's, but I'm sure all kinds if things go on to get a competitive advantage. Its just a reality. A close relative of mine made it to AAA and is not shy to admit that basically the entire team was on juice 

Yes and every time they get caught "cheating" and you yucko's predict thier demise it's very surprising when they continue to dominate. Remember after spy gate when the mystery of Brady was finally solved and would unravel only to watch them field the most dominant offense of all time. Good times.
Give it up, the guy is probably the hardest working player in the league and wasnt born into NFL royalty like Manning or blessed with tremendous physical gifts like Marino. 

The 30 for 30 that comes out about the Patriots cheating we don’t yet know about will be fascinating. The architect, Ernie Adams, is still employed by the team. Hence, yes, the cheating continues.

Manning is the most cerebral QB of all-time. His “royalty” has little to do with that, other than the league installing new rules to help QBs after NE’s Ty Law mugged Peyton’s receivers all game in the playoffs.

Yes, Brady is not a special talent. Which is exactly why it should be so strange why he has so much success and yet agrees to get paid so little compared to other QBs.

This isn’t conspiracy theories. They were caught cheating twice and suffered penalties. Forgive me for questioning the legitimacy of the great Tom Brady’s accomplishments on a Jets message board.

Beyond that, the dude isn’t exactly curing cancer. He’s not a likable guy. He doesn’t do anything to help society beyond playing QB. So I see no reason for you or anyone else to dismiss people who dislike Brady as “haters”. F**k that guy.

Ftr. I disagree with all of the second paragraph but I'm not sure which 2x SB MVP he thinks is a scrub.   I just think Brady is a marvel and really can appreciate how he had to scrap for everything hes gotten. I also, as a rule, think most NFL players (actually professional athletes)  skirt the rules, namely in the form of PED's, but I'm sure all kinds if things go on to get a competitive advantage. Its just a reality. A close relative of mine made it to AAA and is not shy to admit that basically the entire team was on juice 

You’re a math guy. Explain to me New England’s mathematically impossible home field winning % in the Belichick-Brady era (when assuming a level playing field).

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Dave-Brown-Patriots-look-to-capitalize-on-home-field-advantage-against-Chargers-22739955

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/tom-brady-records-not-win-mvp-suspension-home-record-gillette-patriots-121316

Every NFL team cheats. None do so as extensively, arrogantly and consistently as the Patriots. And none have a greater impact on wins and losses than what the Patriots do.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beyond that, the dude isn’t exactly curing cancer. He’s not a likable guy. He doesn’t do anything to help society beyond playing QB. So I see no reason for you or anyone else to dismiss people who dislike Brady as “haters”. F**k that guy.

I dont remember asking to build a shrine to him, just acknowledge reality. What he and Belichick have accomplished is ridiculous

I dont remember asking to build a shrine to him, just acknowledge reality. What he and Belichick have accomplished is ridiculous

It’s built on lies, deceit, and arrogant cheating on a level never seen before in the Big 4 American sports. That’s the “reality” you choose to willfully ignore or minimize.
  • Post of the Week 1

You’re a math guy. Explain to me New England’s mathematically impossible home field winning % in the Belichick-Brady era (when assuming a level playing field).

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Dave-Brown-Patriots-look-to-capitalize-on-home-field-advantage-against-Chargers-22739955

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/tom-brady-records-not-win-mvp-suspension-home-record-gillette-patriots-121316

Every NFL team cheats. None do so as extensively, arrogantly and consistently as the Patriots. And none have a greater impact on wins and losses than what the Patriots do.

In basically the same amount of  games Manning is +17 in road losses whereas Brady is +24. Given NE has more of an elemental advantage I dont think its terribly compelling to suggest a 7 game difference could only be due to nefarious causes 

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

It’s built on lies, deceit, and arrogant cheating on a level never seen before in the Big 4 American sports. That’s the “reality” you choose to willfully ignore or minimize.

Right lol

25 minutes ago, CTM said:

Ftr. I disagree with all of the second paragraph but I'm not sure which 2x SB MVP he thinks is a scrub.  

I just think Brady is a marvel and really can appreciate how he had to scrap for everything hes gotten.

I also, as a rule, think most NFL players (actually professional athletes)  skirt the rules, namely in the form of PED's, but I'm sure all kinds if things go on to get a competitive advantage. Its just a reality. A close relative of mine made it to AAA and is not shy to admit that basically the entire team was on juice 

Eli is a scrub that shouldn’t be considered for the HoF. 2x SB MVP “doesn’t even belong in the discussion”. -nyjunk

I acknowledge Brady’s accomplishments. I also think there’s significant room for discussions about his rightful place in NFL history, and that it’s nowhere near as cut and dry as nyjunk would have you believe.

Depending on how much above the average someone thinks he has benefitted from he and his team skirting the rules, I think he can fall anywhere from GOAT to off the list.

Depending on how much someone thinks he’s benefitted from an awesome situation, he can rank anywhere from GOAT to #5.

Taking both into account, he currently rounds out my top 5 all time, and if more comes out years later about him taking discounts to circumvent the cap and build better rosters around him, he’ll drop far down.

The issue with guys like nyjunk is that a Jets fan’s opinion of Brady as the 5th best football player of all time isn’t good enough. Given the forum we’re on, that’s an odd take to call “irrational hate” and that’s who you’re throwing your name behind.  

• Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Explain? Simple. It's called predetermined outcomes. No one's  that good, that long , with line ups constantly  changing for 20 years.  No coach is genius  enough to keep changing for 20 years,  in what's  supposed  to be a copy cat league ,that only hires the best of the best. No QB can last 20 years and win 20 years  either, without it being externally  manipulated.

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also explain their mathematically impossible edge in fumbles since 2006: https://slate.com/culture/2015/01/stats-show-the-new-england-patristats-show-the-new-england-patriots-became-nearly-fumble-proof-after-a-2006-rule-change-pushed-by-tom-brady JetNation.com mobile app

"To confirm something was dramatically different in New England, starting in 2007 and running through the present, I compared the 2000–06 time period (when the Patriots won all of their Super Bowls) with the 2007–2014 time period. "

so 3-0 SB record pre fumble cheating 

and

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/why-those-statistics-about-the-patriots-fumbles-are-mos-1681805710/amp

10 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Explain? Simple. It's called predetermined outcomes. No one's  that good, that long , with line ups constantly  changing for 20 years.  No coach is genius  enough to keep changing for 20 years,  in what's  supposed  to be a copy cat league ,that only hires the best of the best. No QB can last 20 years and win 20 years  either, without it being externally  manipulated.

Omg, hackenberg and derpina agree? Now I know I'm wrong

• Haha 1

Btw It’s not “irrational” to hate Tom Brady. I don’t hate all “successful” players. I respect a lot of guys who killed my teams. Much like I’m sure Knicks fans weren’t big fans of Michael Jordan but at least admired his greatness.

This isn’t that. Brady has done nothing to warrant anything but extreme dislike and disrespect.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

This is ironic. 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Honestly the guy sounds like a total tool with a nervous tick when anyone mentions Brady, as if he needs to defend the lying cheating scum against rational truthful factual arguments that he’s NOT the GOAT.

It’s not even close. 

And now I read the UNC stuff?

The dude’s an unstable freak. 

• Sympathy 1

Honestly the guy sounds like a total tool with a nervous tick when anyone mentions Brady, as if he needs to defend the lying cheating scum against rational truthful factual arguments that he’s NOT the GOAT.
It’s not even close. 
And now I read the UNC stuff?
The dude’s an unstable freak. 

I can’t confirm this, but I’m pretty sure he frequently jacks off to a ceiling poster of Danny Green.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Says the guy allying himself with the dude who thinks Pennington was awesome and Sanchez was good.

And Hackenberg is a terrible poster.

Your inexperienced youth can't grasp the wisdom I've given you.  Wisdom can't  be taught. It's  gonna be a while before you get it.