Sign in to follow this  
BettyBoop

Anonymous Sources

For me the most frustrating aspect of the media, including sports media, is the use of "anonymous sources" and other buzzwords.  Writers can "report" just about anything and attribute it to anonymous sources.  "There is a split developing in the locker room between Gase supporters and his detractors", say anonymous sources."  "Most teams had a fifth round grade on Jachai Polite", according to many anonymous GM.  "It is suspected that Betty Boop is not a Jets fan but a Russian spy who eats meatloaf all three daily meals", according to anonymous sources.   Really?  Who are these sources?

Adding to the madness is the use of the words "some", "many" and "most".  "Some in the league office believe there will not be a work stoppage in 2021".  Really how many?  Who are they?  "Most GM believe the Jets overpaid for their free agents".  So at least 17 GM opined on this?  Who exactly?

"While many posters believe Jets media coverage is disingenuous, several media secretly agree with them, while most of them feel they are the only ones who are not guilty of yellow journalist", say several anonymous sources within the media.

Name names or shut up says Betty Boop!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anonymous sources close to JN suggest several posters are getting fatigued and agitated due to numerous unnecessary threads cluttering the forum. 

Who are these anonymous sources???  Who are they???  Name names!

• Haha 1

Anonymous sources say some are here just to troll others, look for arguments, bring others down, seek attention and be negative about the NY Jets no matter what. 

Last time I checked most of us rooted for the same team. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Anonymous sources say some are here just to troll others, look for arguments, bring others down, seek attention and be negative about the NY Jets no matter what. 

pls stop, also.

• Post of the Week 3
  • Butt Fumble 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

pls stop, also.

Take your own advice, you are a perfect example of what I said. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Last time I checked most of us rooted for the same team. 

• Those who are cynical and are only here for a virtual fight.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Take your own advice, you are a perfect example of what I said. 

Awh, you hit me right where i don’t give a sh*t.😢

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Awh, you hit me right where i don’t give a sh*t.😢

Glad I could be of help you obviously do commenting. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Glad I could be of help you obviously do commenting. 

I MEAN, GOSH, OBVIOUSLY, RIGHT!?

Never believe anonymous sources without corroboration from legitimate sources.  They do it because you all eat it up.

Stop paying so much attention to sports media melodrama.  They do it because you all eat it up.

If you all would stop consuming it, they would stop producing it.

They're not at fault for exploiting you, you are at fault for seeking out being exploited.

• Upvote 1

"Most teams had a fifth round grade on Jachai Polite" Wow that's a relief. We didn't miss on him too badly. At least these Anonymous other teams didn't have him as a 7th round pick. Yeeeesh!

• Upvote 2

On 7/3/2019 at 11:03 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Anonymous sources close to JN suggest several posters are getting fatigued and agitated due to numerous unnecessary threads cluttering the forum. 

I wasn't aware that people were saying this anonymously as well lol.

• Like 1

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Probably due to laziness and lack of investigative reporting, so its easier to throw out the word "anonymous sources". I think you see it alot in regular news reporting as well, there is also little real journalism out there, so you see a lot of the same.