1999, 2009, 2010-Would Jets have won those Super Bowls?

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

In a Brady less year Mangini didn't develop his 3 year QB to take over when Farve got hurt. The QB the Jets let go took the 1-15 Fins to win the east..

He should have drafted Leinart in 06 and become legends. Would have been a dynasty. 

2 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Atlanta was beatable - second half in Denver killed that dream

09 and maybe 10 if Mangini does not bait mikeT into taking the chez - Rex and a bag full of money talks Favre out of retirement and Bart has another ring or two

Mangini was fired before we took Sanchez

Favre never wanted to be here in 2008 so he certainly didn't want to be here in 2009.  IF we got the 2009 version of him in 2008 we may have won the SB although he did throw away a SB chance for GB in 2007 and then Minnesota in 2009.

Bart doesn't have any rings

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

You know you don't need a star QB to reach or win SBs, right?  Since 2000 all of these QBs have reached or won the SB.

Trent Dilfer won

Kerry Collins

Brad Johnson won

Jake Delhomme

Rex Grossman

Eli Manning won TWICE 

Joe Flacco(though he did play like a great QB in postseason and led them to the SB win) won

Colin Kaepernick

Nick Foles won

Context,context,context.

Kaepernick ,Kerry collins: I already covered that, they were there to lose to the star,  with the drama,  Lewis. And NY as I told you before goes to finals about twice a year on average through its history. Kaepernick was there to lose to Lewis retirement/ bad arm drama again. . Your Cherry picking doesn't  take away from my point. You aren't analyzing  in context. You just think- look ,he not a star , he made it. 

Foles won. But they made sure he was going against the star attraction Pats. Not some other team with a no name QB. 

Delhomme ,Rex Grossman .i already said, the non star player only makes it to lose to the star. 

Trent Dilfer: the storyline/ attraction was the supposed criminal Lewis on the number one defense. 

:)  I still have a Dilfer Tampa Bay jersey. The first  uniform  change with the pirate ship. Not the orange old jersey 

It's  a tv show.  Focus on who ever is getting the most press, good or bad- Lewis,Brady,Kraft,. Thats who's  advancing. Bad press  is better then no press at all..Drama.

Context.Context.Context

7 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Atlanta was beatable - second half in Denver killed that dream

09 and maybe 10 if Mangini does not bait mikeT into taking the chez - Rex and a bag full of money talks Favre out of retirement and Bart has another ring or two

If Tanny didn't give Farve his release he couldn't have gone to the Vikes..

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

If Tanny didn't give Farve his release he couldn't have gone to the Vikes..

That was the deal when favre agreed to play for the Jets.  He never wanted to play here and played like it most of the year.  

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

1998 was the best team that had the best chance.

2009 with a better QB the Jets probably get homefield throughout and who knows. Pats were down that season for once.

2010 they weren’t beating Rodgers 

2009:  You mean with a better defense. One that could hold a lead in the AFC Championship Game. 

SAR I

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

2009:  You mean with a better defense. One that could hold a lead in the AFC Championship Game. 

SAR I

Rex gambled and lost with Lito Shephard. But 9 wins with one of the best defenses of the last 30 years was not good. 

14 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Mangini was with the Browns and enabled the Jets trade from 17 to 5 to take Sanchez,  cost was only a second round pick and a few second team players (hence the bait)

That was a great trade for the Jets, unfortunately after year 2 we stopped putting talent around Mark and expected him to get better.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Rex gambled and lost with Lito Shephard. But 9 wins with one of the best defenses of the last 30 years was not good. 

That D was good but overrated, they blew numerous late leads that year than capped it off by blowing an 11 point lead in the title game against a legendary choker.

Yes, the rookie QB cost us some games (buf, NO, at NE) but the D blew both games vs Miami, vs Jax, vs ATL.  

Had to stop asking "what if" years ago, just as an Oregon Ducks fan alone.  Would have driven myself bonkers if I didn't.  Just thinking about Dennis Dixon's injury is enough to send me into a tirade.  If I add all the Jet's misses to my college football regrets, it would be VERY unhealthy.

12 hours ago, nyjunc said:

That was the deal when favre agreed to play for the Jets.  He never wanted to play here and played like it most of the year.  

After the 2008 season had ended, in mid January 2009, Favre told Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum, "it may be time to look in a different direction" regarding the quarterback position.[90] On February 11, 2009, Favre informed the Jets that he was retiring after 18 seasons.[91] He remained part of the Jets organization until April 28, 2009, when the Jets released Favre from his contract, thus allowing him to sign anywhere he wanted. By May 2009, he was officially cut from the Jets Reserve/Retired list

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

+1

Too many people blame the kid quarterback who exceeded expectations instead of the supposedly awesome defense that didn't meet expectations.

Both AFC Championship Game losses are on Rex Ryan's D. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

On 7/3/2019 at 11:34 PM, WayneChrebet80 said:

1999 vs Atlanta-Yes, but it’s hard to kill them for losing to a loaded Denver team 

2009 vs New Orleans: No chance, NO killed them earlier in the year. Rex took his foot off the gas too early vs Indy, but Indy was a lot better. 

2010 vs Green Bay: GB probably wins, but the Jets might have won with the right breaks. Held Rodgers in check in the regular season game despite losing. This may of been the Jets best shot since the Mud Bowl to win a championship as both Pitt and GB were certainly beatable. 

Got to get there 

Against Atlanta, yes. But like you said, it's hard to kill them for losing to a loaded Denver team.

We might have had a chance in 09 vs New Orleans. Sanchez, although he stunk overall, actually upped his game in the post season. New Orleans didn't kill us that year. We might have had a chance in that game.

I don't think we beat GB in 2010. I know we played them close that year, and again Sanchez upped his game in the post season, but Rodgers and that team were so good that year that I don't think anyone was going to stop them.

4 hours ago, Savage69 said:

After the 2008 season had ended, in mid January 2009, Favre told Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum, "it may be time to look in a different direction" regarding the quarterback position.[90] On February 11, 2009, Favre informed the Jets that he was retiring after 18 seasons.[91] He remained part of the Jets organization until April 28, 2009, when the Jets released Favre from his contract, thus allowing him to sign anywhere he wanted. By May 2009, he was officially cut from the Jets Reserve/Retired list

Again, that was what they agreed to before favre agreed to play for the Jets.  Remember, favre was "retired" when we traded for him.  We told him it would be a one year deal than he's be released so he could go to Minnesota.  Tannenbaum held out hope he would like his year here and change his mind.  I think he did like it more than he can expected but he never really wanted to be here, he wanted to go to Minnesota and stick it to GB.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Against Atlanta, yes. But like you said, it's hard to kill them for losing to a loaded Denver team.

We might have had a chance in 09 vs New Orleans. Sanchez, although he stunk overall, actually upped his game in the post season. New Orleans didn't kill us that year. We might have had a chance in that game.

I don't think we beat GB in 2010. I know we played them close that year, and again Sanchez upped his game in the post season, but Rodgers and that team were so good that year that I don't think anyone was going to stop them.

Remember though, in the NFC championship game GB only won by a TD and Caleb Hanie was in at QB for Chicago plus GB scored a TD on D.

I think we could have beat them but obviously it wouldn't have been easy.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1

Too many people blame the kid quarterback who exceeded expectations instead of the supposedly awesome defense that didn't meet expectations.

SAR I

Mark played well in postseason, he did his job.  I would say the D was why we got to each title game and why we lost each. If the D plays like they did in the other playoff games we win each title game but they couldn't get it done at Indy and at Pitt.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1

SAR I

Sanchez did not have a good rookie season. Th defense was excellent, with a few breakdowns that will happen to everyone. Jay Feely also stunk and they couldn’t stop Ted Ginn for some reason. That roster with a better QB both seasons gets home field throughout in 09 which would have helped.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Sanchez did not have a good rookie season. Th defense was excellent, with a few breakdowns that will happen to everyone. Jay Feely also stunk and they couldn’t stop Ted Ginn for some reason. That roster with a better QB both seasons gets home field throughout in 09 which would have helped.

He did have a good season for a rookie.  He had some awful games but 15 of his 20 INTs came in just 4 games so he only had 5 in his other 11 games.  He was good in the majority of games even if the final numbers were not then he was very good in postseason.

We won 9 with a Hof QB in 2008 and an easier schedule.  You think we win 15 games with a better QB in 2009 and 2010? Because that's the minimum it would have taken to get homefield.

On 7/3/2019 at 5:34 PM, WayneChrebet80 said:

1999 vs Atlanta-Yes, but it’s hard to kill them for losing to a loaded Denver team 

2009 vs New Orleans: No chance, NO killed them earlier in the year. Rex took his foot off the gas too early vs Indy, but Indy was a lot better. 

2010 vs Green Bay: GB probably wins, but the Jets might have won with the right breaks. Held Rodgers in check in the regular season game despite losing. This may of been the Jets best shot since the Mud Bowl to win a championship as both Pitt and GB were certainly beatable. 

Jets got royally screwed by the refs in GB regular season game. Twice a Jets WR was ON THE GROUND when a Packer defender fell on them rolled over and took the ball away and they were called interceptions. Incredible!!! When a defender touches a player with the ball who is on the ground it is called a tackle.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Again, that was what they agreed to before favre agreed to play for the Jets.  Remember, favre was "retired" when we traded for him.  We told him it would be a one year deal than he's be released so he could go to Minnesota.  Tannenbaum held out hope he would like his year here and change his mind.  I think he did like it more than he can expected but he never really wanted to be here, he wanted to go to Minnesota and stick it to GB.

I assume you have a link for that my memory must be getting bad..I remember if we traded him to the Vikes we would have had to give GB 3 1st rd picks.. 

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I assume you have a link for that my memory must be getting bad..I remember if we traded him to the Vikes we would have had to give GB 3 1st rd picks.. 

I'll try and find something, we didn't trade him because of that clause.  We just released him.  

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Jets got royally screwed by the refs in GB regular season game. Twice a Jets WR was ON THE GROUND when a Packer defender fell on them rolled over and took the ball away and they were called interceptions. Incredible!!! When a defender touches a player with the ball who is on the ground it is called a tackle.

You are 100% correct, I think they led to 6 of GBs 9 pts (definitely at least 3).  We definitely got screwed but luckily it didn't hurt us down the road