Gase already paying dividends

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think what Gase has brought, mostly, is an organizational confidence that we haven't seen here since Parcells. Gase stared down the owner and the media and came out on top in both instances, in spades. Dude already has two of the big three pelts any Jets coach needs to take if he's going to be successful. The third one is Belichick, and Gase has a pretty solid history against him already. 

His record against Belly is one of the first things that made me take the guy seriously.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know I always bring stats into it, but the site is up 56.50% this year (page views) compared to last. Every month pretty except June has been over a million page views.  June was up 62% vs last year.

I totally agree with what you wrote, things are going to explode once camp starts. So many story lines. So much to report on.

Big thank you to @KRL for covering the 1st week of Jets camp for us again this year.

Oh, for sure the place has definitely been busier this year, and it was already busy. Other team sites I've visited do nowhere near the volume this place does all year.

5 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

After A.G.s first year in Miami I thought we were going to witness a shift in power in the AFCE from NE to Miami. Of course eventually reality slapped me and I figured I was wrong....again...as usual. Now I'm  thinking / hoping the Phins gave up way too quick and fired a young, top flight HC like what the NYJ did when they canned Pete Carroll.

Or Im just wrong....again....as usual.

There won't be a shift until Brady retires, the good news is that it has to be within the next couple of years, right?  And we are set up to take over if Sam is for real.  Actually, I like what NYJ, buf and Miami are doing so it could be a real fight once Brady retires although Miami hired an ex NE coach and the only one with any success is O'Brien and he hasn't really done anything.

Yeah its great that the failed coach of a div rival who was hour 2nd or 3rd choice as coach just fired our gm and then hired a new one taking total control of the team within a bout a month of being here.

Mac should have been gone via our dumbo owner so the new guy could have helped choose a coach.

I like Douglas and think he will be a big improvement but I am not sold on Gase.

He'll start paying dividends when we win some games and he helps Darnold do so.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

And he did it without good QB play, now he has talent to work with at QB.  It's going to be fun.

They won 10 games his 1st year because their defense was ranked 5th in the league that year. they ranked near the bottom in the league in offense. I'm just warning everybody, that Gase as a HC hasn't fielded an offense that ranked higher than 26th in the league.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Yeah its great that the failed coach of a div rival who was hour 2nd or 3rd choice as coach just fired our gm and then hired a new one taking total control of the team within a bout a month of being here.

Mac should have been gone via our dumbo owner so the new guy could have helped choose a coach.

I like Douglas and think he will be a big improvement but I am not sold on Gase.

He'll start paying dividends when we win some games and he helps Darnold do so.

It is great, and here's why: Gase clearly isn't coming in as some passive check casher looking to just get by for the next 4 years. Nor would I call him a failed coach as he took over a sh*te team (his first HC position in the NFL, it's not like he's some 3 decade deep retread who's lost everywhere he's been), split with the pats*, then shot his way out of town when he saw the organization sucked. Correct, Mac should have been gone sooner and you like Douglas also so where's the problem? Of course september - february will matter more than june - july but the point was imagine how boring june would have been without Gase pushing his weight around (presumptuously). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

After A.G.s first year in Miami I thought we were going to witness a shift in power in the AFCE from NE to Miami. Of course eventually reality slapped me and I figured I was wrong....again...as usual. Now I'm  thinking / hoping the Phins gave up way too quick and fired a young, top flight HC like what the NYJ did when they canned Pete Carroll.

Or Im just wrong....again....as usual.

From what I’ve read, Gase wanted to try and win and Stephen Ross wanted the team to tank (which they are).

Gase had already planned to fire defensive coordinator Matt Burke and had a plan for replacing him. He also had decided that he would move on from quarterback Ryan Tannehill and sign a bridge quarterback and probably draft a rookie for the future — assuming he could identify the right draft pick.

And that’s a solid plan for a team trying to win.

But the Dolphins are going in an opposite direction now because that’s what Ross has been convinced is best.

So Gase no longer made sense for the Dolphins. And the Dolphins no longer made sense for Gase

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Let's see what happens. They were saying that Brodie Van Wageron was going to be great too and so far the answer is he's not. One thing about Gase that you can't dispute. He wants to win and will do anything to accomplish it. Look he basically has nowhere to go but up. This should be a better team in '19. If not it falls on him. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think what Gase has brought, mostly, is an organizational confidence that we haven't seen here since Parcells. Gase stared down the owner and the media and came out on top in both instances, in spades. Dude already has two of the big three pelts any Jets coach needs to take if he's going to be successful. The third one is Belichick, and Gase has a pretty solid history against him already. 

I, too, am happy that Gase did a hostile takeover of the entire franchise without even coaching a game yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That and Balls. Bowles and mac Bedrooms were both painted pink. Gaze saw how bad mac was, lazy, and lacked balls. Just glad we have a gm who knows what he is doing. We didn’t need anymore guys “ playing out of their position “ Bowles and Rex belonged as DCs. Mac should never have been a gm, he was a good at being a coffee boy

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

They won 10 games his 1st year because their defense was ranked 5th in the league that year. they ranked near the bottom in the league in offense. I'm just warning everybody, that Gase as a HC hasn't fielded an offense that ranked higher than 26th in the league.

He hasn't had a QB, he has one now and it doesn't matter how you win.  Bill belichick is a defensive coach and his dynasty is led by the offense.  

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He hasn't had a QB, he has one now and it doesn't matter how you win.  Bill belichick is a defensive coach and his dynasty is led by the offense.  

I agree with what you said. The premise is that he's some offensive guru. His Dolphin teams haven't really proven that point. I'm just saying, as i've said all along. He hasn't proven anything. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, genot said:

I agree with what you said. The premise is that he's some offensive guru. His Dolphin teams haven't really proven that point. I'm just saying, as i've said all along. He hasn't proven anything. 

He has a lot to prove but I think (I hope) it's going to be a good marriage here.  I'm really excited to watch this team and in particular this offense.  It's going to be fun.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

I wonder what would have happened had Mac been fired in January.  Would Douglas have picked Gase as his head coach???

I don't think they would have hired Douglas in January.  He was Gase's guy.

CJ probably would have hired another slug

• Sympathy 2