Tedy Bruschi suffered another stroke

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Backpedaling pussy^

I did a little looking and Bruschi's issues are related to a congenital heart defect, so he isn't exactly saying the merciless sport is killing him. **** the Patriots, but in this narrow instance, I must stand down.

• Upvote 1

I  really like him!  So sorry to hear this right after a young player losing his arm and so on
At the end of the day we have all these plans but in Truth as my father always has said "we are all just passing through, so we need to make ourselves as helpful and loving as we possibly can along the way"....

Your dad is a wise man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sympathy 1

On 7/5/2019 at 6:08 PM, T0mShane said:

Here’s an unpopular opinion: if you’ve played in the NFL post-1980 and you spent more than ten years in the league cashing those checks, you have no right to bitch about what happens to your body. It’s like working in a coal mine. You knew the risks, but you opted to do the job to pay your bills. Bruschi has holes drilled into his skull and still came back to play for the cheating-ass Patriots, whom he slurps to this very day. F*ck that guy. 

a little harsh here.  do you feel the same about gastineau?  true enough these guys are doing peds or abusing their bodies in other ways to excell in their sport.  and you would think some of these guys know the damages they are causing their bodies but the desire to play is so great they decide it's all worth it.  it shouldn't be that way but it's kinda the way it is and condoned by the teams and the nfl.

it's still sad to see a guy so young having health issues and having to pay with his health for the work he did as a player.  i'd don't know if there's a way to change the sport without some serious adjustment.  i would like to see how the football player's future health compares with the soccer players or basketball.  probably not very favorable.

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2019 at 5:28 AM, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  like Bruschi as a person or sports personality,  but nobody should go through this at his age. 

Bruschi isn’t just another cheating New England Patriot whose body is now suffering from years of steroid and Amphetamine abuse

He’s even unpopular with other Patriot teammates he was known as a snitch bitch in the locker room who would get Pioli and Belichick to cut players if he found out anything about them from them partying the night before games, eating fast food to even if the player considered signing with another team the following offseason

19 hours ago, rangerous said:

a little harsh here.  do you feel the same about gastineau?  true enough these guys are doing peds or abusing their bodies in other ways to excell in their sport.  and you would think some of these guys know the damages they are causing their bodies but the desire to play is so great they decide it's all worth it.  it shouldn't be that way but it's kinda the way it is and condoned by the teams and the nfl.

it's still sad to see a guy so young having health issues and having to pay with his health for the work he did as a player.  i'd don't know if there's a way to change the sport without some serious adjustment.  i would like to see how the football player's future health compares with the soccer players or basketball.  probably not very favorable.

It's a game, Teddy was a head hunter for Belichick, just rewatch the 1st Pats vs St. Louis Rams game. He was going low & hitting WRs that were already down or going down because the BB plan was to intimidate them.

But....the guy has kids, I'm not heartless enough to wish ill on him. 

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It's a game, Teddy was a head hunter for Belichick, just rewatch the 1st Pats vs St. Louis Rams game. He was going low & hitting WRs that were already down or going down because the BB plan was to intimidate them.

But....the guy has kids, I'm not heartless enough to wish ill on him. 

did you like it when stan blinka laid out john jefferson in a game against san diego way back when?  i did.  my point is if the refs don't call it then so what.  and what bruschi did was no different than what the raiders did against the jets team when chaddy was qb.  

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

did you like it when stan blinka laid out john jefferson in a game against san diego way back when?  i did.  my point is if the refs don't call it then so what.  

My first ever live Jet game. Shea Stadium. Clothesline. 

On 7/5/2019 at 6:08 PM, T0mShane said:

Here’s an unpopular opinion: if you’ve played in the NFL post-1980 and you spent more than ten years in the league cashing those checks, you have no right to bitch about what happens to your body. It’s like working in a coal mine. You knew the risks, but you opted to do the job to pay your bills. Bruschi has holes drilled into his skull and still came back to play for the cheating-ass Patriots, whom he slurps to this very day. F*ck that guy. 

And it is well-documented in the medical literature that systematic overuse of anabolic steroids significantly increases your risk of stroke.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2019 at 5:09 AM, T0mShane said:

Upon some reflection, it was douchey of me to conflate Bruschi’s medical issues with football players’ health issues in general. I have a sore IT band and have to do ass-strengthening exercises and it’s making me crabby. 

Good to know that despite tom shane's big ego, he can admit when he's wrong

On 7/5/2019 at 6:56 PM, T0mShane said:

Dude, I work in a blue collar industry and everyone who spends more than ten minutes in any of these jobs ends up with bad backs, limps, alcoholism and bankruptcy. If you want to do a performative "Poor Bruschi!" and then order up a Sam Darnold jersey while sending in your PSL deposit, be my guest, but let's keep it real. These dudes trade their health for millions of dollars while the dude re-shingling your roof in July or laying the asphalt on your driveway is suffering the same pains and will die penniless at 54. I feel as bad for the roofer as I do for the linebacker, except I acknowledge the linebacker retired at 35 with a mansion and three Ferraris.

English Literature degree in action?  

On 7/5/2019 at 10:09 PM, T0mShane said:

Upon some reflection, it was douchey of me to conflate Bruschi’s medical issues with football players’ health issues in general. I have a sore IT band and have to do ass-strengthening exercises and it’s making me crabby. 

Strengthening or stretching? 

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:08 PM, T0mShane said:

Awe, you're still such a sweetheart. 

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Packers. Really cold game. My future father in law gave me a flask with Hennessy in it. 

this is all pretty interesting.  i remember it as a playoff game in sandiego.  maybe it wasn't john jefferson but charlie joiner.  i tried looking it up on the football reference sites.

47 minutes ago, rangerous said:

this is all pretty interesting.  i remember it as a playoff game in sandiego.  maybe it wasn't john jefferson but charlie joiner.  i tried looking it up on the football reference sites.

December 1982. Remember it like it was yesterday.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1982/12/08/Rozelle-suspends-Blinka-fines-Thompson/4022408171600/

I don’t know why wishing someone well who’s had a stroke should be controversial no matter what team he played for. Strokes are scary and suck and no one deserves it. I hope he gets better and then I can dislike him again for being a patriot and for his negativity regarding the Jets. 

On 7/8/2019 at 9:17 AM, Bruce Harper said:

And it is well-documented in the medical literature that systematic overuse of anabolic steroids significantly increases your risk of stroke.

Yep that’s part of why so many pro wrestlers die before they turn 50