The Golf Thread

On 7/19/2019 at 6:54 PM, southparkcpa said:

So I just played Primland Golf resort in Virginia. unfriggin believable. 

PLUSH, upscale, hard as heck and beautiful , worth the 250 per round.

Google it.

@JiF

@14 in Green

Wow...that's gorgeous.

Speaking of which, I played the nicest course I've ever played him life on Sat.  Hammock Dunes, the Ocean course in Palm Coast, FL.  OMG.  It's like Florida's version of Pebble Beach, - not the cliffs and crazy rough though.  In fact, there was no rough.  Just perfection.   It's breathtakingly beautiful.  The finishing 4 are the best I've ever seen.   I highly recommend making this a priority golf trip.  Not only is it the most immaculate course I've ever played, the resort you stay out is out of this world.   Put it this way, I'm making a yearly weekend trip out of this and I live an hour away.  It's unreal.

Shot a 38 on the front.  I was on absolute fire.  Made the turn, it was like I was another player.  Shot a 46 on the back.  lol

Played yesterday too, 99.  hahahahahaha.  Couldnt get off the tee's to save my life. 

82, 84, and a 99 all in the same week.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:43 PM, 14 in Green said:

Uh... no. You’re not. You have some pop.

Its relative to where you play though. I’m almost a club shorter in Myrtle Beach then I am on Long Island. Another variable is the course conditions. You live in Florida, so I’m sure you get a lot of run on baked out fairways. I’m curious, if that the case or not? 

Either way, worry more about your carry distance with your irons more then your total distance. Your short irons are for scoring. Look to be precise, above everything. (Controllable distance is key) 

The guy you played with was right though, you have the distance to be scratch.  It’s hard to teach that. You either have it or you don’t. Enjoy it.

Ok, right on.  Good to know.  Here I always thought I was short.  

Oddly enough, yesterday I was smashing the ball.  Getting 5-10+ on everything.  I couldnt get off the tee's yesterday and when I did, I was either short or long on every single hole.  It was wild, I was all over the place.  It was like a huge regression.  lol  Shot a 99.  82, 84, and a 99 on in the same week.  lol  And this was the easiest course of the 3.

What a sport. 

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wow...that's gorgeous.

Speaking of which, I played the nicest course I've ever played him life on Sat.  Hammock Dunes, the Ocean course in Palm Coast, FL.  OMG.  It's like Florida's version of Pebble Beach, - not the cliffs and crazy rough though.  In fact, there was no rough.  Just perfection.   It's breathtakingly beautiful.  The finishing 4 are the best I've ever seen.   I highly recommend making this a priority golf trip.  Not only is it the most immaculate course I've ever played, the resort you stay out is out of this world.   Put it this way, I'm making a yearly weekend trip out of this and I live an hour away.  It's unreal.

Shot a 38 on the front.  I was on absolute fire.  Made the turn, it was like I was another player.  Shot a 46 on the back.  lol

Played yesterday too, 99.  hahahahahaha.  Couldnt get off the tee's to save my life. 

82, 84, and a 99 all in the same week.

Is it private or public?  We should all meet somewhere neutral like HH,  TPC Florida etc. let's pick a weekend in November or December and play. Me, you , @14 in Green.    I'm serious, let's set it up.  

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Is it private or public?  We should all meet somewhere neutral like HH,  TPC Florida etc. let's pick a weekend in November or December and play. Me, you , @14 in Green.    I'm serious, let's set it up.  

It's private but you can play it if you're staying at the resort.  Legit, it's amazing.  Nicklaus design.  Sooooo nice. 

Might be tough for me this year.  Getting married in Nov.  That said, I'm playing the King and Bear on the day of my wedding if you guys want to join the crew.  lol

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's private but you can play it if you're staying at the resort.  Legit, it's amazing.  Nicklaus design.  Sooooo nice. 

Might be tough for me this year.  Getting married in Nov.  That said, I'm playing the King and Bear on the day of my wedding if you guys want to join the crew.  lol

King and the Bear is a great course. The Slammer and the Squire is adjacent to it and is also really nice.

The World Golf HOF is a pretty cool place.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Congrats!!!   1st or 2nd? :)

18 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I’m divorced and single, so I’m a free man, lol.

You and I aren’t too far from each other when I’m down in Myrtle. We can get together this fall and play somewhere centrally located for sure!

@JiF has to realize he can’t allow a silly thing like marriage interfere with his golf.... ?

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

King and the Bear is a great course. The Slammer and the Squire is adjacent to it and is also really nice.

The World Golf HOF is a pretty cool place.

Both great, K&B just a tad nicer and the track is just soooo cool.

Lot's of great courses around this area...

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Both great, K&B just a tad nicer and the track is just soooo cool.

Lot's of great courses around this area...

I haven’t been there in years. If I remember correctly, the LPGA is nearby also? You’re right though. A lot of nice courses there.

Of course the Myrtle Beach area is pretty good also....

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Congrats!!!   1st or 2nd? :)

1st at 40.  lol   

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m divorced and single, so I’m a free man, lol.

You and I aren’t too far from each other when I’m down in Myrtle. We can get together this fall and play somewhere centrally located for sure!

@JiF has to realize he can’t allow a silly thing like marriage interfere with his golf.... ?

Best part about my fiance is she loves golf and doesnt interfere with me playing.  She encourages it, actually and wants us to become members somewhere.  

The only part I'm worried about with my new golf addiction is, it's summer and the waves have been flat.  When the waves pick up after the summer, golf will take a back seat but not too far back.  Surfing is my #1 passion.  She knows nothing will ever stand in the way of surfing...but now golf too.  And Football season?  We might only last a few months!!!  hahahahaha

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I haven’t been there in years. If I remember correctly, the LPGA is nearby also? You’re right though. A lot of nice courses there.

Of course the Myrtle Beach area is pretty good also....

Yep.  LPGA is about half hour south, TPC Sawgrass an hour north.  And then we have a ton of private courses in the area that are amazing too...I'm trying to strategically have a "friend" at the best private courses in the area.  lol

Is Myrtle similar to Hilton Head? 

First congrats on the wedding buddy. Sounds like you’ve got yourself a great girl.

Myrtle Beach is probably the worlds biggest golf Mecca. When it comes to the quality and variety of courses along the Grand Strand, which stretches from Wilmington down to I’d say just north of Charleston.

Hilton Head is a beautiful area,it’s  just that it can’t compare as far as the number of courses to Myrtle....

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m surprised none of the other golfers here are jumping in this thread. Are we that boring? ?

Spcpa wondered earlier how we could promote this thread. I’m tagging @Maxman here, maybe he can help us get the word out to other JN golfers....

I had NO IDEA about this thread until someone tagged me.  Still hard to find.  GOLF should be a separate category, I believe it would drive more traffic.

45 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

First congrats on the wedding buddy. Sounds like you’ve got yourself a great girl.

Myrtle Beach is probably the worlds biggest golf Mecca. When it comes to the quality and variety of courses along the Grand Strand, which stretches from Wilmington down to I’d say just north of Charleston.

Hilton Head is a beautiful area,it’s  just that it can’t compare as far as the number of courses to Myrtle....

Not sure why... not a HUGE fan of HH.  I like it, but something missing for me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, 14 in Green said:

@JiF   Google The name. Jack Heath. His family belong to my club here in Charlotte.   He is a quiet non imposing kid, never thought he was even the best HS player at my club.  BUT he has a had a hell of a month.  Shot a 64 to win the juniors here and shot a 62 nationally.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks @14 in Green for telling me that there’s a golf thread on this site. I enjoyed reading all of your posts and have concluded that you guys are as crazy about golf as I am.

I live up in Montreal so the golf season lasts 6-7 months thanks to our wonderful climate.So this means you try and cram in as many games as you possibly can before the snow starts

I’m a self proclaimed range rat. Sometimes I’d rather practice rather that play ( yes, I’m sick)

I’m a Ben Hogan aficionado and taught myself the golf swing thanks to his 5 Lessons book ( my bible)

I’m turning 50 this year so I finally pampered myself and became a member at a pretty nice/prestigious 100 year old course near my home called Ilesmere. The course/slope is much more harder than anything that I’ve been used to so my scoring has been 4-5 strokes that years before. Still I know that playing on a harder course will make me a better player over time.

Someone mentioned that they have the mentality of a 18-20 handicap even though they play in the low 80’s. Well , that describes me to a tee as well ( pardon the pun)

My “lefty” clubs are currently as follows: ( this is subject to change for I also have a golf club fetish ( I did say that I do have a problem)

Driver: It’s a battle between the MIzuno JPX900 and TaylorMade M5 10.5degree

4 Wood: Mizuno JPX 850

Irons:BEN HOGAN PTX FORGED IRON SET LEFT HAND REGULAR FLEX IRONS KBS TOUR 90 6-PW

Hybrids Titleist 915 3&4 Hybrids 

Wedges: 52-56-60 Mizuno MP T5

Putter: Scotty Cameron CIrca62

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Thanks @14 in Green for telling me that there’s a golf thread on this site. I enjoyed reading all of your posts and have concluded that you guys are as crazy about golf as I am.

I live up in Montreal so the golf season lasts 6-7 months thanks to our wonderful climate.So this means you try and cram in as many games as you possibly can before the snow starts

I’m a self proclaimed range rat. Sometimes I’d rather practice rather that play ( yes, I’m sick)

I’m a Ben Hogan aficionado and taught myself the golf swing thanks to his 5 Lessons book ( my bible)

I’m turning 50 this year so I finally pampered myself and became a member at a pretty nice/prestigious 100 year old course near my home called Ilesmere. The course/slope is much more harder than anything that I’ve been used to so my scoring has been 4-5 strokes that years before. Still I know that playing on a harder course will make me a better player over time.

Someone mentioned that they have the mentality of a 18-20 handicap even though they play in the low 80’s. Well , that describes me to a tee as well ( pardon the pun)

My “lefty” clubs are currently as follows: ( this is subject to change for I also have a golf club fetish ( I did say that I do have a problem)

Driver: It’s a battle between the MIzuno JPX900 and TaylorMade M5 10.5degree

4 Wood: Mizuno JPX 850

Irons:BEN HOGAN PTX FORGED IRON SET LEFT HAND REGULAR FLEX IRONS KBS TOUR 90 6-PW

Hybrids Titleist 915 3&4 Hybrids 

Wedges: 52-56-60 Mizuno MP T5

Putter: Scotty Cameron CIrca62

I’m glad you joined our group, now we have a 4some, lol.

I’m a lefty also and I never knew the pdx  irons were available for lefties. How you ever found a lefty four wood is beyond me, The last one I had/saw was a PING G25, and if I had known they were becoming extinct, I’d have never gotten rid of it. (Actually I have to call bs on myself, because I’m a club ho also, it would still be gone, I’m always tinkering with different clubs).

You have a great bag setup, I love my PING 400 driver, but I’m getting the itch to try the Taylormade M6, and it’s almost like the Ping knows it, and is offended. I played yesterday on a narrow and long course on Long Island, and the driver completely deserted me. It was my worst round of the summer. I shot 93, and really it should have been worse. I birdied a 180 yard par 3, and a par 4. The 2 and 3 I took on those two holes kind of disguised what was a total meltdown...

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m glad you joined our group, now we have a 4some, lol.

I’m a lefty also and I never knew the pdx  irons were available for lefties. How you ever found a lefty four wood is beyond me, The last one I had/saw was a PING G25, and if I had known they were becoming extinct, I’d have never gotten rid of it. (Actually I have to call bs on myself, because I’m a club ho also, it would still be gone, I’m always tinkering with different clubs).

You have a great bag setup, I love my PING 400 driver, but I’m getting the itch to try the Taylormade M6, and it’s almost like the Ping knows it, and is offended. I played yesterday on a narrow and long course on Long Island, and the driver completely deserted me. It was my worst round of the summer. I shot 93, and really it should have been worse. I birdied a 180 yard par 3, and a par 4. The 2 and 3 I took on those two holes kind of disguised what was a total meltdown...

Thanks for letting me tag along.

The 4 wood is actually a 5 but the Mizuno has an adjustable loft so you can add or remove as much as 2 degrees. I’ve never been able to hit my woods consistently especially off the fairway but this one has been behaving this season so it’s still in the bag, for now!

Don't spend any money on a new Taylormade driver for:

A- your Ping is just as good if not better;

B- the Taylor made stuff is 50%tech 50% marketing hype, I don’t see it being better than any of the others. 

Being a club ho, I have all types of drivers and they’re all good. What makes or breaks a good driver is finding the right shaft that matches your swing.

so if you’re not happy with your Ping buy a new or used shaft. eBay has tons of them.

Sorry to hear about your bad round on that narrow course. I guess that’s when game management comes into play. Better players than us would have left the driver in the bag and played 3 wood off the tee all day.

Still, it’s fun to smack a driver!!!

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sup Gents?  So I had a bunch of travel with work recently.  Hadnt played or swung the club in like 3 weeks.

No warm up, no range visit but played Sat.  Holy sh*t.  It was like my first day with a club in hand.  I legit, couldnt hit the ball at all.  It was sooo embarrassing because I was playing in a group with 2 guys I didnt know.  60 on the front, 55 on the back.  Worst round of my life, which sucks because I was hitting the ball so good the past few weeks before the short break. 

So naturally, I had to play Sunday to shake it off.  83.  Like a different player.  

What a ******* sport, man. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 11:06 AM, JiF said:

Sup Gents?  So I had a bunch of travel with work recently.  Hadnt played or swung the club in like 3 weeks.

No warm up, no range visit but played Sat.  Holy sh*t.  It was like my first day with a club in hand.  I legit, couldnt hit the ball at all.  It was sooo embarrassing because I was playing in a group with 2 guys I didnt know.  60 on the front, 55 on the back.  Worst round of my life, which sucks because I was hitting the ball so good the past few weeks before the short break. 

So naturally, I had to play Sunday to shake it off.  83.  Like a different player.  

What a ******* sport, man. 

LMAO I just posted almost the same story in the Carli Lloyd thread. I got back home after 6 weeks on Long Island and the way I hit the ball it was like I'd never played before. Same thing two days later. Finally worked things out at the practice range.

We've got to get @Peace Frog and @Apache 51 in here. They were talking golf with @southparkcpa yesterday.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LMAO I just posted almost the same story in the Carli Lloyd thread. I got back home after 6 weeks on Long Island and shot a 92. The way I hit the ball it was like I'd never played before. Same thing two days later. Finally worked things out at the practice range.

We've got to get @Peace Frog and @Apache 51 in here. They were talking golf with @southparkcpa yesterday.

It's wild man.  I'm so inconsistent but the scoring, is really all about how I am off the tee's.  If I can get off the tee's clean, I can score.  If I dont have control of my driver.  It's going to be tough to score.  Hence why I wanted to try that GX7 driver but just havent done it.  Every time I go to pull the trigger and buy it, I have good day on the range or on the course with my driver and I convince myself I can figure it out.  lol

I've been thinking about getting a lesson. 

48 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's wild man.  I'm so inconsistent but the scoring, is really all about how I am off the tee's.  If I can get off the tee's clean, I can score.  If I dont have control of my driver.  It's going to be tough to score.  Hence why I wanted to try that GX7 driver but just havent done it.  Every time I go to pull the trigger and buy it, I have good day on the range or on the course with my driver and I convince myself I can figure it out.  lol

I've been thinking about getting a lesson. 

Here's a little tip.

If your driver is the only club that's giving you trouble, look online for a Demo day in your area with one or hopefully a few of the major club companies.

Their reps want you to buy. To do that they make every effort maximize your distance and accuracy. They'll not only get you fitted into the right head and shaft combination, they're going to try to point out how to correct any flaws they see in your swing.

The best part is the demos are free, as opposed to a regular fitting or lesson, and you're under no obligation to buy.

• Upvote 1

@southparkcpa How are you hitting that M6 you bought last month?

I hit one yesterday on a simulator. The 9* with the Orange Tensei shaft was really nice. I'm thinking about upgrading my G400, and wanted to try the M6, (which I really liked), the G410 (which didn't seem much different then mine), and the Epic Flash.

I couldn't hit the Flash though, because they didn't have a 9* lefty head. the 10.5 is too much loft for me. I have a slightly over the top move with the driver, and less loft keeps my spin rate at a better number. My pro told me I'm always better off going with less loft and adjusting up if necessary instead of the opposite, because of that move.

It's funny, I wanted to work with him to change it, but he said it was such an ingrained habit, and my ball flight was so consistent, I'd be better off not worrying about it. 

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

@southparkcpa How are you hitting that M6 you bought last month?

I hit one yesterday on a simulator. The 9* with the Orange Tensei shaft was really nice. I'm thinking about upgrading my G400, and wanted to try the M6, (which I really liked), the G410 (which didn't seem much different then mine), and the Epic Flash.

I couldn't hit the Flash though, because they didn't have a 9* lefty head. the 10.5 is too much loft for me. I have a slightly over the top move with the driver, and less loft keeps my spin rate at a better number. My pro told me I'm always better off going with less loft and adjusting up if necessary instead of the opposite, because of that move.

It's funny, I wanted to work with him to change it, but he said it was such an ingrained habit, and my ball flight was so consistent, I'd be better off not worrying about it. 

Yes ive had it about  2 months now but I am struggling a bit.  Let's face it, the drivers of today are fantastic, the issue I have is ME.  I am not hitting it as far as I did say 3 years ago but it is my technique.  I am working on it but frustrated.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes ive had it about  2 months now but I am struggling a bit.  Let's face it, the drivers of today are fantastic, the issue I have is ME.  I am not hitting it as far as I did say 3 years ago but it is my technique.  I am working on it but frustrated.

The equipment today is fantastic, I'm hitting the ball the same distance I was 10 years ago. I'm streaky as hell though. I've never really taken more then one or two lessons, and my homemade swing isn't technically perfect, that's for sure. Like you, I'm trying to slice off a few strokes and get to single digits. For me, forgiveness takes precedent over everything when buying a club.

I'm very knowledgeable about equipment, and the difference between a well and ill fitted set up can make or break you. Before I'll even demo a club, I have to like the look of it at set up. Once I've found one I like, the shaft selection is critical. The last time I bought a driver was 3 years ago when the Epic came out. I never really liked the look of it, but a few of my friends had it, and they all loved it, so I went against my better judgement, and bought one.

I hit some of my longest drives ever with it, but some of my worst also. I just never felt comfortable with it. Thankfully I had a 90 day trial period, and after exactly 89 days, I switched it for my PING G400 Max. I likened the Epic to a sports car, sleek and fast. The Ping is more like a Volvo sedan. Well made, and dependable. I don't get those "epic bombs" with it, but I get good distance, and I know where it's going. The forgiveness is off the charts. 

That said, I'm always looking to upgrade, sometimes too much disposable income can be a problem, LOL.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So I shot a 79 on Saturday.   Doubled the 1st hole and thought...here we go, another 88 type day.  parred from the fairway bunker on next hole and just hit the ball good all day. HAD 3 doubles and still shot 79, no birdies.  Could have been a real good day, also check out @Apache 51 photos above . @14 in Green @JiF

That's a great round. Good for you.

The first time I broke 80, I doubled a very easy 1st hole, never made a single birdie, and shot 77. I've never been below 76 though, what you did is really something to remember.

I was the opposite yesterday. I had a 83 Thursday on a tough course I'd never played before, then played one of my home courses (we have 4) and I had a nightmare start. Triple, Quad, Double. Finished with a 92. It was a stroke play event, so I couldn't pick up after +3. finished with a 92. Humbling day. 

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

That's a great round. Good for you.

The first time I broke 80, I doubled a very easy 1st hole, never made a single birdie, and shot 77. I've never been below 76 though, what you did is really something to remember.

I was the opposite yesterday. I had a 83 Thursday on a tough course I'd never played before, then played one of my home courses (we have 4) and I had a nightmare start. Triple, Quad, Double. Finished with a 92. It was a stroke play event, so I couldn't pick up after +3. finished with a 92. Humbling day. 

I know your course (s) fairly well...  went there twice on a "guys" trip and played all 4 of the courses.  77 is my lowest as well.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:49 AM, Apache 51 said:

20190822_124550.thumb.jpg.5f7882f88d7d9fdf39616eabf79a07cd.jpg20190822_124721.thumb.jpg.e0497ca17c1b81dfbbd0430ed9f60a92.jpg20190822_124143.thumb.jpg.3a0abcb3c2d482a2782dc901b1b5374f.jpgWaiting for my wifes pics...to put on the mac.

Went there last year  did not play but got my picture on the bridge.

Since I am new to the thread - my score usually in low 90s -- I have a crappy short game  but can smack one off the tee 300 yards with decent tailwind. Will be relocating to the Villages in 2021. I start my Florida commuting next month to the Bradenton/Sarasota area so this year I will not have 5-6 months 0ff -

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, slowmoe57 said:

Went there last year  did not play but got my picture on the bridge.

Since I am new to the thread - my score usually in low 90s -- I have a crappy short game  but can smack one off the tee 300 yards with decent tailwind. Will be relocating to the Villages in 2021. I start my Florida commuting next month to the Bradenton/Sarasota area so this year I will not have 5-6 months 0ff -

Kool....   I have never seen anyone who says they can hit it 300 actually hit it more than 260 consistently.  I hear the Villages is pretty kool. Client just moved there...  where do you live now?  Forget it, I see, Windy City. 

• 5 weeks later...

Sup boys!?!?! Been a minute.  @14 in Green remember when I said I never hit my 3 wood?  Well, I got so frustrated with my driver I started hitting my 3 wood off the tee and I can suddenly hit it well.  It's been a huge game changer and stroke saver. 

Had a legit chance to finally break 80 yesterday.  I had 4 left and if I could just maintain par on a couple of easy holes, I would have shoot my first ever round in the 70's, a 79.

15 - short par 4, hit my 5 wood off the tee, I'm 150 out and miss the green by 15 yards, great chip, miss an 8 foot par putt. bogey.

16 - Long par 4, hit the best 3 wood of the day with wind at my back and was 160 out, hit the edge of the, green 2 putt.  par.

17 - another short par 4, kind of an over water placement shot, hit my hybrid with wind at my back.  135 out, hit my gap wedge, put it 8 feet from the whole, sank the birdie putt.

18 - all I need is par on a relatively easy par 5 and I break 80!!!!!!!!!  I get to the tee box, and now the the wind is howling in my face.  Typically this whole is a pretty easy one but the wind was making it a bitch.  My buddy with no respect for my birdie, proceeds to hit a good drive and barely makes it over the water.  So I'm nervous I cant clear it with my 3 wood.  Break out the driver for the first time the entire round and the wheels fall off!  I smoke my drive but pull it directly into a tree.  My ball is clean, I cant hit it and still lay up with within reachable distance but it would take a pretty tough punch out to do so.  I proceed to punch it out directly into the water, like I was trying to.  Ruined my chances and proceed to double bogey.

Shoot an 81. 

Cant freaking get over it the hump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sup boys!?!?! Been a minute.  @14 in Green remember when I said I never hit my 3 wood?  Well, I got so frustrated with my driver I started hitting my 3 wood off the tee and I can suddenly hit it well.  It's been a huge game changer and stroke saver. 

Had a legit chance to finally break 80 yesterday.  I had 4 left and if I could just maintain par on a couple of easy holes, I would have shoot my first ever round in the 70's, a 79.

15 - short par 4, hit my 5 wood off the tee, I'm 150 out and miss the green by 15 yards, great chip, miss an 8 foot par putt. bogey.

16 - Long par 4, hit the best 3 wood of the day with wind at my back and was 160 out, hit the edge of the, green 2 putt.  par.

17 - another short par 4, kind of an over water placement shot, hit my hybrid with wind at my back.  135 out, hit my gap wedge, put it 8 feet from the whole, sank the birdie putt.

18 - all I need is par on a relatively easy par 5 and I break 80!!!!!!!!!  I get to the tee box, and now the the wind is howling in my face.  Typically this whole is a pretty easy one but the wind was making it a bitch.  My buddy with no respect for my birdie, proceeds to hit a good drive and barely makes it over the water.  So I'm nervous I cant clear it with my 3 wood.  Break out the driver for the first time the entire round and the wheels fall off!  I smoke my drive but pull it directly into a tree.  My ball is clean, I cant hit it and still lay up with within reachable distance but it would take a pretty tough punch out to do so.  I proceed to punch it out directly into the water, like I was trying to.  Ruined my chances and proceed to double bogey.

Shoot an 81. 

Cant freaking get over it the hump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good round though buddy. It's such a different feeling shooting a 79 as opposed to 80. Basically the same round, but we're ecstatic with one, disappointed with the other.

Did you end up buying that 3 wood/driver club you saw on tv?

BTW You would shake your head if you check out the Game thread from last night. There are more guys talking golf there then we get in this one.

It's amazing to me how nobody notices this thread. There are so many golfers on this site.

• Upvote 1