Which was a better draft moment?

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That because one player (outside of Brady) doesn’t win games. Without him they might of lost every game.

Barkley isn’t just a RB he had 91 receptions. 

Top RBs don’t win the SB so they shouldn’t be drafted high. You might as well add WRs and TEs to the list as well. Only a few times have the top WR won a SB. Not often do the top passrushers win either or the leading in interceptions. 

You need a balanced team with a few superstars to win. Barkley is a superstar at the moment. 

In 1998 John Elway had 22 passing TD's Terrell Davis had 21 rushing TD's and 2008 yds rushing and 5.1 ypc. He was also great in the playoffs. And he was a 6th rd pick.. One of the rare cases where a RB was the reason they won..

Barkley is an extremely talented player, but Darnold just has to be an average QB to contribute more to his team than Barkley.

If anyone actually says that they're better off with Barkley, consider this:

They could have a core of Darnold, Nick Chubb, OBJ, and Josh Allen.

But now they have Jones, Barkley, Shepard, and Dexter Lawrence.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most (if not all) of you would pick the first option.

• Upvote 2

This might not be a draft moment, but I remember I had a neighbor who was an inside with the Jets, and when Riggins was drafted, and the off season practices began, he told me and my father that this guy is going to be great, something about how he makes the line go up during the scrimmages (didn't know what that meant, still don't), but Riggins sure was a great draft pick. 

16 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Kyle Wilson over anybody.  I think about a young Mark Sanchez. What he could have done with GRONK. But we are a team that drafts undersized defensive players in round 1.  

I don't remember anyone complaining about Wilson being the pick that year.  He was the 29th pick and seemed like good value at the time.

The Coples pick, on the other hand, was another awful selection.  I (and a lot of other Jets fans) really wanted Chandler Jones or Melvin Ingram and they seemed like such logical picks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

I don't remember anyone complaining about Wilson being the pick that year.  He was the 29th pick and seemed like good value at the time.

The Coples pick, on the other hand, was another awful selection.  I (and a lot of other Jets fans) really wanted Chandler Jones or Melvin Ingram and they seemed like such logical picks.

A small safety???  I did a shake my head but I was thinking that notice how NE gets Brady players to help him. We haven’t had an offensive minded HC or GM in a century.... 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

A small safety???  I did a shake my head but I was thinking that notice how NE gets Brady players to help him. We haven’t had an offensive minded HC or GM in a century.... 

Except for Gase you mean

On 7/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, 14 in Green said:

Ugh. That was the worst draft moment ever.

O’Brien wasn’t bad, but oh, what could have been. Actually we saw what could have been, 2x every year.

You speak as if Marino would not have been destroyed by the mismanagement of the NYJ.

I wasn’t as high on Darnold as most. Baker was my guy and he went number 1 overall.

So I took the draft as a wait and see. I got excited about Darnold a few days after the draft after watching more highlights and throwing my green shades. 

For me it’s probably Giants going Saquon though. Gave us more options. And it also meant Eli was going to be a Giant for a few more years.