I Can See The Future

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:
  •  Douglas picks up where he left off with the Eagles and selects a LT in round 1, a big WR in round 2, a C in round 3 and a corner in round 4.
  • QW proves he's unblockable even when double teamed and Douglas lets Leo (and McClendan) walk in free agency.  This puts pressure on Sheppard but the front office (and Gase) have faith in him.
  • With a decent amount of cap space Douglas decides to spend it on second tier CB, lest he make the same mistake by signing another Trumaine.  In addition, he signs a veteran to replace RG Brian Winters.

You definately see dead people too, right? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

After a successful 2019 campaign that saw the Jets reached the playoffs for the first time in over 100 years and nearly knock off the eventual Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs in the second round, expectations are soaring in the Meadowlands.  Included in the accomplishments were:

• Sam Darnold - clearly has taken the next step.  While he's still a notch below elite it's clear he will be there very soon.
  • Le'Veon Bell - has bought in to the program and has delivered as both a rusher and a receiver.
  • Q Williams - is the real deal!  DROY by a large margin and gives Douglas options regarding Leo.
  • Jachai Polite - brushes off a rough start by coming on strong in the last four games giving Douglas hope his pass rusher of the future is on the team.
  • Chuma Edoga - fills in admirably at guard and is looked upon as a future starter at G/T.
  • Trumaine - starts to earn 70% of his contract (as opposed to 5% in 2018).
  • Youngsters Derrick Jones, Nate Sheppard, Greg Dortch and Deontay Burnette step up and prove they are at least very solid backups if not more in the future.

Gase and Greg Williams design gameplans around the rest of the deficiencies, namely OL and CB to survive but it's clear they need to complete the roster to make the next and final step.  Here's the plan

•  Douglas picks up where he left off with the Eagles and selects a LT in round 1, a big WR in round 2, a C in round 3 and a corner in round 4.
  • QW proves he's unblockable even when double teamed and Douglas lets Leo (and McClendan) walk in free agency.  This puts pressure on Sheppard but the front office (and Gase) have faith in him.
  • With a decent amount of cap space Douglas decides to spend it on second tier CB, lest he make the same mistake by signing another Trumaine.  In addition, he signs a veteran to replace RG Brian Winters.

The 2020 expectations are through the roof in NJ!  Can the team live up to these heightened dreams?

Would be so Jetsy to have the best off season in franchise’s history (which is what you are describing) but still firing the GM who delivered it.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Some people setting themselves up for Burj Khalifa-sized falls this year  

Right??? I can’t figure out what’s going on around here.

I only joined the site about 10 months ago. Do these people get this jacked up every time we make a front office/ coaching change, or is it just the “I’ve seen enough to know Darnold will be an elite QB for 15 years” so everything will be fine thing? 

I have followed this team for well over 50 years, and for the life of me I don’t understand why I’m not feeling the excitement they are. Gase went from a fired HC to a OC candidate to this QB whisperer/HC who is going to deliver the second coming of Brett Favre. That might not even satisfy the expectations some have for the rookie QB who was “gifted to us”by the Browns and Giants. (conveniently forgetting that what the players those 2 teams took accomplished, dwarfed what our pick did).

Then the Greg Williams hire, which I admit I love more then anything the Jets did this off season besides the Bell signing, has now seen him rise to an almost mythical status around here. Guys are swooning over clips of him on the sidelines and meeting room.

The new GM seems like a shoe in for Exec of the year because, hey, he got Ozzie his morning coffee in Baltimore, then he got a job with that perennial powerhouse Eagle organization. 

So apparently it’s all come together here, because I’m reading how we’re ready to contend for years and years now that we have this new roster and CS, all put together by the old GM, the same guy all these people wanted to burn on a stake.

Hmmmm ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I only joined the site about 10 months ago. Do these people get this jacked up every time we make a front office/ coaching change, or is it just the “I’ve seen enough to know Darnold will be an elite QB for 15 years” so everything will be fine thing? 

I have followed this team for well over 50 years, and for the life of me I don’t understand why I’m not feeling the excitement they are. Gase went from a fired HC to a OC candidate to this QB whisperer/HC who is going to deliver the second coming of Brett Favre. That might not even satisfy the expectations some have for the rookie QB who was “gifted to us”by the Browns and Giants. (conveniently forgetting that what the players those 2 teams took accomplished, dwarfed what our pick did).

Then the Greg Williams hire, which I admit I love more then anything the Jets did this off season besides the Bell signing, has now seen him rise to an almost mythical status around here. Guys are swooning over clips of him on the sidelines and meeting room.

The new GM seems like a shoe in for Exec of the year because, hey, he got Ozzie his morning coffee in Baltimore, then he got a job with that perennial powerhouse Eagle organization. 

So apparently it’s all come together here, because I’m reading how we’re ready to contend for years and years now that we have this new roster and CS, all put together by the old GM, the same guy all these people wanted to burn on a stake.

Hmmmm ?

Does this post make you HAPPY MISTER????

Well Does it?

Cause this is what you are doing .... :) 

B99 Holt GIF - B99 Holt Balloon GIFs

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Does this post make you HAPPY MISTER????

Well Does it?

Cause this is what you are doing .... :) 

B99 Holt GIF - B99 Holt Balloon GIFs

I always thought Charlie Brown was kind  of a depressing cartoon. Too mellow, too blahhhh. Just setting kids up for the inward spinning circle that is life

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Hmmmm ?

Fandom is by definition irrational and this proves it!

• Sympathy 1

Hmmmm

Wow. That is some impressive negativity.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • WTF? 1