Why do some fans hate the Jets?

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He wakes up on the floor of a shuttered bathroom that is not his own. Mascara stings his eyes. His panties cling to his left ankle, and a biting pain emanates from his groin. His shirt is torn and there’s a six inch diagonal rip in the chest where someone (something?) has clawed him, drawing blood and turning the chenille fabric red. He is lying in a fetid stew of urine, toilet water, blood, feces, and—what is it?—a mixture of solids that appears to be a butchered dolphin (a dolphin?) The meat is tender and slick, and grey. Hypodermic needles, bent and rusted, toss around in the wake of this stew. Bobby pins. A diaper. Two soaked singles and a bloody ten dollar bill, crumpled. He clambers to his feet, climbing ruefully, and with great complaint. up the porcelain veneer of a leaking sink. His hamstrings scream. His back aches. Is this...does he have a broken tibia? But how? Now perched upon his one unbroken foot, he sees it. His lipstick smeared, mascara streaked, teeth marks pressed indelibly into his left cheek. He coughs and an incisor falls from his mouth and rattles in the sink, circling the bowl twice before dropping into the open drain. He coughs again and vomits. More blood. More putrescence. Written on the mirror in chisel-tipped red sharpie is the word “Repent.” Oddly, it makes him smile. He looks at the tattoo adorning his neck—the one that says “YOLO” and chuckles. He opens the medicine cabinet, finds some store-brand Band Aids, and makes use of them all: the bite mark, the gash on his left forearm, one (as a reminder) atop his fractured leg, one near his testicles, and one more bridging his left eye socket, meant to hold it closed and abate the pain from an imminent crystal meth migraine. Without warning, his penis emits a gray-green syrup onto the edge of the sink. Where is the phone?, he thinks. “Hey Siri?” “Siri???” He’s yelling now, as best he can, “HEY SIRI??” Finally, the phone responds, from the corner of the blinking bathroom, the pocket of his balled-up red faux-leather pants, and he limps over to retrieve it before collapsing backward onto the toilet. Opening the phone, he sees a text message from a blocked number that reads, “We kno who u r/“ It inspires in him a thought, and he flips through a few screens and begins to write, “W-h-y-d-o-s-o-m-e-f-a-n-s-h-a...”

Holy sh*t your a sick dude! I definitely know now your a mothers basement masturbator inching closer towards silence of the lambs territory.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He wakes up on the floor of a shuttered bathroom that is not his own. Mascara stings his eyes. His panties cling to his left ankle, and a biting pain emanates from his groin. His shirt is torn and there’s a six inch diagonal rip in the chest where someone (something?) has clawed him, drawing blood and turning the chenille fabric red. He is lying in a fetid stew of urine, toilet water, blood, feces, and—what is it?—a mixture of solids that appears to be a butchered dolphin (a dolphin?) The meat is tender and slick, and grey. Hypodermic needles, bent and rusted, toss around in the wake of this stew. Bobby pins. A diaper. Two soaked singles and a bloody ten dollar bill, crumpled. He clambers to his feet, climbing ruefully, and with great complaint. up the porcelain veneer of a leaking sink. His hamstrings scream. His back aches. Is this...does he have a broken tibia? But how? Now perched upon his one unbroken foot, he sees it. His lipstick smeared, mascara streaked, teeth marks pressed indelibly into his left cheek. He coughs and an incisor falls from his mouth and rattles in the sink, circling the bowl twice before dropping into the open drain. He coughs again and vomits. More blood. More putrescence. Written on the mirror in chisel-tipped red sharpie is the word “Repent.” Oddly, it makes him smile. He looks at the tattoo adorning his neck—the one that says “YOLO” and chuckles. He opens the medicine cabinet, finds some store-brand Band Aids, and makes use of them all: the bite mark, the gash on his left forearm, one (as a reminder) atop his fractured leg, one near his testicles, and one more bridging his left eye socket, meant to hold it closed and abate the pain from an imminent crystal meth migraine. Without warning, his penis emits a gray-green syrup onto the edge of the sink. Where is the phone?, he thinks. “Hey Siri?” “Siri???” He’s yelling now, as best he can, “HEY SIRI??” Finally, the phone responds, from the corner of the blinking bathroom, the pocket of his balled-up red faux-leather pants, and he limps over to retrieve it before collapsing backward onto the toilet. Opening the phone, he sees a text message from a blocked number that reads, “We kno who u r/“ It inspires in him a thought, and he flips through a few screens and begins to write, “W-h-y-d-o-s-o-m-e-f-a-n-s-h-a...”

Wow, impressive. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wow, this sh*t again?

This isn’t questioning fandom, this is questioning reason. The past is the past, f*ck, if everyone lived in the past you’d all be Tom Shane shooting semen on a Jamal Adams poster & shoving an Adams action figure up your butts in the bathtub pretending Jamals a deep sea diver.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

The heard mentality on the internet  is the Jets suck, will always suck and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. There is nothing to ever be happy about with the Jets. And anyone they hire not named BB, will also always suck, and even though Darnold is a highly touted  QB coming out of college, he will suck because he is a Jet. 

Not everyone thinks like this but I would say the vast majority on the internet do. It's just how it is. 

The heard also gets more of a following  than positive fans because by following the heard, you are thought to be smart and savvy.  I'm not saying the heard has been wrong, looking back over the last decade, it's  hard to argue but in times like this where the team has literally  cleaned house, no matter how dysfunctional a process it was, and there seems to be a fresh start, the heard is still going to charge in the same direction so you are going to still hear a lot of negativity.  

I myself am cautious with my optimism.  Gase has something  to prove to me after being fired by Miami and storys coming out that he was the HC pick because nobody else would take the job. Im hoping Douglas is as good as advertised and his staff is as well.

I will say this is about the best I have felt about this team in a long time because we seemed to have made consensus  picks at the positions we needed to fill. 

My point is, if you want to smile, feel good about the team, just do it. There is nothing wrong with it. I mean there were people who were hoping that Darnold would lose out so we could pick first in the draft. What does that tell you about the mentality  of some people.  There is nothing wrong with feeling good about the team, no matter how unpopular  it might make you on the internet. 

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This belongs in a thread titled:

Tom Shane is Drama-nating   

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The heard mentality on the internet  is the Jets suck, will always suck and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. There is nothing to ever be happy about with the Jets. And anyone they hire not named BB, will also always suck, and even though Darnold is a highly touted  QB coming out of college, he will suck because he is a Jet. 

Not everyone thinks like this but I would say the vast majority on the internet do. It's just how it is. 

The heard also gets more of a following  than positive fans because by following the heard, you are thought to be smart and savvy.  I'm not saying the heard has been wrong, looking back over the last decade, it's  hard to argue but in times like this where the team has literally  cleaned house, no matter how dysfunctional a process it was, and there seems to be a fresh start, the heard is still going to charge in the same direction so you are going to still hear a lot of negativity.  

I myself am cautious with my optimism.  Gase has something  to prove to me after being fired by Miami and storys coming out that he was the HC pick because nobody else would take the job. Im hoping Douglas is as good as advertised and his staff is as well.

I will say this is about the best I have felt about this team in a long time because we seemed to have made consensus  picks at the positions we needed to fill. 

My point is, if you want to smile, feel good about the team, just do it. There is nothing wrong with it. I mean there were people who were hoping that Darnold would lose out so we could pick first in the draft. What does that tell you about the mentality  of some people.  There is nothing wrong with feeling good about the team, no matter how unpopular  it might make you on the internet. 

We heard you, therefore, we do not follow the herd.  ?

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

There is no rationalization for some of the same posters to be so negative about the upcoming season.

Who are you talking about exactly?  I'm just not seeing some group of consistent negative posters worth such a whining thread.  

The same people screaming for Bowles & Macc to be fired want to now want to fuel doubt to those of us excited to finally have a Head Coach with experience & coming from the offensive side of the ball combined with getting a dC in Gregg Williams that can take control so Gase can concentrate solely on Darnold & the offense.

Do you lack control over your own thoughts?  If not, why do you care so much if someone else has "doubt".  If you don't, hearing that someone else does shouldn't affect you, or matter to you at all, really.  

Although we paid Bell a tidy sum, it was still well below projections in the media. So we come out of free agency with the best Offensive player that was available & the best defensive player that was available (both players easily top 3 at their position). The last time the Jets were in the running for a top player it was Reggie White who used us to up the ante in Green Bay.

Absolutely true.  Bell and Mosely were great signings.  Is there some group of posters decrying these signings that I am unaware of?

Now I read threads downplaying Darnolds progression to leading the league in QBR for the last 1/4 of the season? Defensive players usually don't go out of their way to praise young QBs, but that seemed to happen every week. Guys like JJ Watt shaking Sams hand and saying "keep it up, your hell of player", but as a Jet fan I'm not supposed to get excited about that?

I would wager almost every Jets fan on this site is looking forward to seeing Darnold play and seeing where he is in his development.  And I'd go further and wager that the vast majority are optimistic that Darnold will be better than last year.

What exactly do you want, what is the actual complaint here?  Does this boil down to "boo, why can't you think Darnold is as amazing and awesome and dreamy as I do?".  If so, again, perhaps you care far too much about what other people think.  We'll all get to see Darnold's progression soon enough, and how he does as a very young 2nd year NFL QB.

Listen, I get it, optimism is tough when your future is lying in Geno Smiths hands, or Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown, but let's be real here, to not be optimistic about this soon to be only 22 year old QB of your favorite team (the youngest QB to ever start an NFL game since the merger) you have to be a glass half empty fan.

Again, I'm not aware of any meaningful posters who are not "optimistic" about where we are now vs. the recent past, and how we may do in the 2019 season.  I know I am optimistic and looking forward to seeing our team play.  

Is the problem for you a lack of optimism, or that some posters are still engaging in analysis and are hence not optimistic "enough" for YOU, because in their analysis they may still see weaknesses or issues?  Sounds like maybe you just don't like discussion that isn't just homer platitudes tbqh.

Then, to top all of this off, we fire the GM that 99% of the fans hated, get the best GM available in Joe Douglas who cut his teeth under one of the best GMs in the league (Ozzie Newsome), he brings with him a wealth of experience in Phil Savage, a history of believing in building the trenches & especially the Offensive Line, but what we still get is he's no Ozzie Newsome?

He's not Ozzie Newsome, that's true.  He's Joe Douglas, a VERY well respected guy who has never GM'd before.  No reason to be critical of his hire, it's a great hire.  As is the Savage hire.  With that said, also no reason (yet) to pronounce Douglas as good or better than Ozzie (a HOF-level GM).  Again, what's the issue here really?

Fan sites are here for posting the good & bad of your favorite team. But to have Sam Darnold fall in our laps, get 2 coaches that have head coaching experience, sign both the best offensive player & best defensive player in free agency, draft possibly the best DT to come out of college since Aaron Donald (that is many, many well known scouts opinion), hire a new young GM from not 1 but 2 recently successful franchises and come here like Eyore to douse other fans optimisms is downright ridiculous. The New York Jets have never ever had front office like this combined with a young talented QB and we have Chris Johnson to thank for it. Someone in this organization finally realized after drafting Darnold that he needed to strike while iron was hot & succeeded on every front.

All true. 

Also true that each of those things when viewed with even a minor bit of objectivity, have risks and concerns worthy of discussion.  Not going to lay them all out here, but discussing, for example, Gase's history as a Head Coach and manager of QB's does not make one a bad fan or somehow sh*tting on your parade or something. 

Even if they were, so what?  Are you incapable of forming your own opinions?  So what if some folks want to focus on the could-go-wrongs, that shouldn't affect you at all unless your "optimism" is really just shallow and empty hot air.  Beat doubters with facts, not whining.

Your damn right I'm excited about the prospects of my team going forward. If I couldn't get excited about this 2019 season I might as well find something else to do on Sundays & the occasional Monday night.

I think we're all optimistic. 

But you're not the judge of how optimistic we all have to be to meet some arbitrary standard you set, nor are you the judge of how much (if any) analysis or criticism or the like is acceptable.  We're all here to talk about the Jets.  Last I checked, we haven't won the last six Super Bowls, so criticism and analysis have the same place in discussion as optimism.

Maybe stop being a whiner, and just BE optimistic, and counter the "not-optimistic-enough" folks with solid, well thought out, factually accurate arguments......instead of whining about why not everyone is a awesome a fan as you are?  

I've loyally followed the Jets for most of 40 years now.  Who the hell are you to tell me, or anyone else, that we hate the Jets or how to be a Fan?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know if this applies to the OP but I've noticed that there are people posting on here who seem to label you as a hater if you aren't willing to be unreasonably over the top all-in on the players/coaches.

I wanted Bowles gone badly. I'm happy we finally hired an experienced head coach from the offensive side of the ball. I also think Gase is largely unproven, a pretty big question mark and I'm taking a wait and see approach. When I see people referring to him as a QB whisperer or lauding his record against Belichik I cringe. I hope he's the best coach we ever had, but I'm not going to pretend like he already is. His resume really isn't that impressive. Get real.

Show me.

Thank you and @Warfish. Your two posts summed up the feelings I and I think a lot of other people here have.

i can’t wait for the season to start.  I can’t wait to see if Darnold takes a step forward, and how the new CS and players perform. But....

I’m so tired of the “you aren’t a fan if you don’t see how great we are now” bull s**t.

• Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

There is no rationalization for some of the same posters to be so negative about the upcoming season. The same people screaming for Bowles & Macc to be fired want to now want to fuel doubt to those of us excited to finally have a Head Coach with experience & coming from the offensive side of the ball combined with getting a dC in Gregg Williams that can take control so Gase can concentrate solely on Darnold & the offense. 

Although we paid Bell a tidy sum, it was still well below projections in the media. So we come out of free agency with the best Offensive player that was available & the best defensive player that was available (both players easily top 3 at their position). The last time the Jets were in the running for a top player it was Reggie White who used us to up the ante in Green Bay.

Now I read threads downplaying Darnolds progression to leading the league in QBR for the last 1/4 of the season? Defensive players usually don't go out of their way to praise young QBs, but that seemed to happen every week. Guys like JJ Watt shaking Sams hand and saying "keep it up, your hell of player", but as a Jet fan I'm not supposed to get excited about that? 

Listen, I get it, optimism is tough when your future is lying in Geno Smiths hands, or Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown, but let's be real here, to not be optimistic about this soon to be only 22 year old QB of your favorite team (the youngest QB to ever start an NFL game since the merger) you have to be a glass half empty fan. 

Then, to top all of this off, we fire the GM that 99% of the fans hated, get the best GM available in Joe Douglas who cut his teeth under one of the best GMs in the league (Ozzie Newsome), he brings with him a wealth of experience in Phil Savage, a history of believing in building the trenches & especially the Offensive Line, but what we still get is he's no Ozzie Newsome? 

Fan sites are here for posting the good & bad of your favorite team. But to have Sam Darnold fall in our laps, get 2 coaches that have head coaching experience, sign both the best offensive player & best defensive player in free agency, draft possibly the best DT to come out of college since Aaron Donald (that is many, many well known scouts opinion), hire a new young GM from not 1 but 2 recently successful franchises and come here like Eyore to douse other fans optimisms is downright ridiculous. The New York Jets have never ever had front office like this combined with a young talented QB and we have Chris Johnson to thank for it. Someone in this organization finally realized after drafting Darnold that he needed to strike while iron was hot & succeeded on every front.

Your damn right I'm excited about the prospects of my team going forward. If I couldn't get excited about this 2019 season I might as well find something else to do on Sundays & the occasional Monday night.

Unfortunately, this wonderful post is wasted here on JN, aka Just Negative. Pathetic thing is, those perma-trolls and perma-negatives do not really believe the spew they post, they just do it to get a reaction and / or attention from others. Apparently Mommy & Daddy did not give them the proper attention when they were growing up.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I would watch this movie. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Thank you. 

i can’t wait for the season to start.  I can’t wait to see if Darnold takes a step forward, and how the new CS and players perform. But....

I’m so tired of the “you aren’t a fan if you don’t see how great we are now” bull s**t.

True however if you have ever been on a plane going through heavy turbulence the passengers yelling we are all going to die are most likely Jet fans..:cheers: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Image result for this is your brain on drugs gifs

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Thank you and @Warfish. Your two posts summed up the feelings I and I think a lot of other people here have.

Don’t even get me started haha. 

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'm sorry you're missing him, TzeroM. This must have been therapeutic. I hope my post of the week rep helps. Just know you are loved.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

There is no rationalization for some of the ......

and come here like Eyore to douse other fans..... I might as well find something else to do on Sundays & the occasional Monday night.

Thanks for teaching everyone the proper way to be a real "fan".   What would we ever do without you?  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Yes, Toms the sick one. 

Yep. T0m had to pass a background check or 2 at some point in his life. His sickness does little harm to society. He looks like Matthew Modine and is easily sedated by the sight of a dude in a Steelers jersey. It’s the ones who respond to Shane in sick ways that are the concern.