Why do some fans hate the Jets?

The internet tends to bring out the negative in people 

this team has done a lot of losing for a long time 

with that said it’s helpful to weed out the actually pessimistic fans from the posters looking for a reaction 

it only took me 20 years to figure this out but it’s ok for people to see things differently than I do on the internet 

its the trolls and attention whores I have no respect for 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Some fans hate on the Jets because time after time the Jets have let them down and crushed their optimism so now they expect the worst is happening and usually their right. It’s really hard to take years of underachieving and then boom think this is it yet again. They’re in a believe it when I see it attitude. That’s just what I think but I could be wrong. 

No you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

This team has pretty much been the NFL's version of the Knicks since 2012. No matter what ownership does it blows up in there face, time and time again.

I always want this team to go out and just beat the living hell out of who they playing that week but most times it has been the Jets getting their heads handed to them. Embarrassing not only themselves on many occasions the past couple of years with inept and lackadaisical play and extremely poor coaching but alot of this fanbase as well.

I hope the do well but I am not expecting them to be playoff ready

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Just spent a few minutes over in the fake moon landing thread, and, boy, I gotta tell ya...

It really made me miss this thread.

Lmao. I did the same.

I like Villian, but he had my eyes glazing over with all the talk about physics.

Thankfully joewilly didn’t realize they were discussing “thrust”. That thread would’ve gone in a completely different direction....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Morris Claiborne was our best cornerback last season and should never have been allowed to leave.

Discuss.

Well since you asked.....

I never wanted to bring this up here, because people here who claim to know what they’re talking about are so adamant about them, but I always thought Claiborne and wait for it..... Buster Skrine we’re doing a pretty good job considering the pass rush we had.

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I hate the logo on the helmet, and I’m not a fan of the stripes either.

Someone should’ve started a thread where we could’ve  discussed the new uniforms... I would’ve liked to hear what guys like @joewilly12 and @SAR I thought about them... ?

My OPINION is it could have and should have been better but its ok. 

I am not a fan of the new jerseys because of the slash across the shoulder/chest area it looks dumb. 

The helmet logo with a football in for those who don't know the NY Jets play football?  

Enough said 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My OPINION is it could have and should have been better but its ok. 

I am not a fan of the new jerseys because of the slash across the shoulder/chest area it looks dumb. 

The helmet logo with a football in for those who don't know the NY Jets play football?  

Enough said 

I agree with you Joe. 

It is what it is though. Hopefully we start winning in these things. Maybe then they’ll start to look better to me.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I agree with you Joe. 

It is what it is though. Hopefully we start winning in these things. Maybe then they’ll start to look better to me.

I think the Flying Elvises the Cheats wear are hideous, but I'm sure their fans don't feel that way. The only thing I like about the Jets' new unis are the finish on the helmets, and even that is a rip-off of the jints' headgear. Sam Darnold, Super Bowl MVP, would go a long ways towards changing my mind on them, though. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, slats said:

I think the Flying Elvises the Cheats wear are hideous, but I'm sure their fans don't feel that way. The only thing I like about the Jets' new unis are the finish on the helmets, and even that is a rip-off of the jints' headgear. Sam Darnold, Super Bowl MVP, would go a long ways towards changing my mind on them, though. 

Everything old becomes new again. Some fans were pining for the 70s/80s uniforms to make a comeback. In 15 years they’ll switch back to the ones we just abandoned and people will be ooohhhhing and aahhhing over their “fresh look.”

• Upvote 1