Over / Under: Darnold, Bell, Anderson, Herndon, Q

Over / Under 2019  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Sam Darnold will have 29.5 touchdown passes during the 2019 regular season?

• Over
    • Under
  2. 2. Le'Veon Bell will have 1099.5 rushing yards during the 2019 regular season?

• Over
    • Under
  3. 3. Robbie Anderson will have 999.5 receiving yards during the 2019 regular season?

• Over
    • Under
  4. 4. Chris Herndon will have 44.5 receptions during the 2019 regular season?

• Over
    • Under
  5. 5. Quinnen Williams will have 7.75 QB sacks during the 2019 regular season?

• Over
    • Under

I'm slotting Darnold at anywhere between 28-40 TDs so I just voted over for him. When you average out his last year numbers over 16 games, his TDs would be above 20. With a much better offense around him and the typical step highly touted QBs like him take in their second year, it's unlikely his TDs only go up by a few.

Bell is good so even though we have a questionable o-line. We have a HC who was getting 5 ypc with Frank Gore so as long as he has touches he'll exceed that.

Robby depends on Darnold. If the connection they established in the final 4 last year carries over, then he'll shatter that mark.

Like with Anderson, if his late season rapport with Darnold carries over, he'll shatter that mark even if he gets a 2 game suspension.

Quin is an amazing prospect, but even the best d-lineman never really exceed that marker in their first year so under. I expect around 6 sacks for him.

• Upvote 1

Only one I voted over was Bell at 1,099+ rushing.

If he's less than that on THIS roster, we have had a very, very bad year.

Darnold isn't jumping to 30 TD's yet IMO.

Anderlols won't get 1,000 yards, too many targets (including Bell) for Darnold to throw balls.

Same for Herndon, too many targets including the new TE as well.

Williams is hard to project, since he's never played a pro snap.  But I doubt he gets 8 sacks his rookie year tbqh.  

• Upvote 1

I have Darnold @ +- 25 so I went under.

Anderson over.

Bell ( sorry not a fan of this signing) - still over.

Herndon over- think he’ll be a good one.

williams under bc he’s a rookie but won’t be shocked or disappointed to see an over.

• Upvote 2

Darnold - under, he’s not there yet and one injury to the oline hurts him  

Bell - under, again one injury to the oline and they’ll be loading the box against him

Anderson - over, they’ll be worrying about Bell and dump passes so it will give Robbie some openings

Herndon - over, with the way TEs play now 45 catches isn’t hard

QW - under, rookie playing NT

• Upvote 1

Darnold? Over I see him at 30-35. Williams wil have this defense churning at 100% instead of 75% & always out of position with Rogers. Jets O get more series with a better group of players.

Bell? Over. Guy gets over 1000 in his sleep.

Anderson? Under. Bell & TY get too many dumpoffs & Crowder or Herndon (1 or the other) will be open 24/7, but Robbie will have a very high yards per catch mark.

Herndon? Under. 2 game suspension, more points equals heavy doses of our running game in the 4th quarter with Wesco playing a large role in the 2nd half of the season blocking his azz off to help our Oline.

Quinnen- Over. Q. Williams turns out to be everything scouts said he was & with Gregg Williams lighting a fire under Leos azz in a contract year free both of these guys up to wreak havoc. The combo of Adams + Mosely two excellent blitzers along with the rest of this front 7 will be huge upgrade from last year just based on effort alone. Henry Anderson was no slouch last year, Leo + Q will be a handful.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Darnold? Over I see him at 30-35. Williams wil have this defense churning at 100% instead of 75% & always out of position with Rogers. Jets O get more series with a better group of players.

Bell? Over. Guy gets over 1000 in his sleep.

Anderson? Under. Bell & TY get too many dumpoffs & Crowder or Herndon (1 or the other) will be open 24/7, but Robbie will have a very high yards per catch mark.

Herndon? Under. 2 game suspension, more points equals heavy doses of our running game in the 4th quarter with Wesco playing a large role in the 2nd half of the season blocking his azz off to help our Oline.

Quinnen- Over. Q. Williams turns out to be everything scouts said he was & with Gregg Williams lighting a fire under Leos azz in a contract year free both of these guys up to wreak havoc. The combo of Adams + Mosely two excellent blitzers along with the rest of this front 7 will be huge upgrade from last year just based on effort alone. Henry Anderson was no slouch last year, Leo + Q will be a handful.

Did Herndon receive a suspension?? I haven’t seen anything official on this yet. 

• Darnold:  Over.  He's going to get plenty of opportunities.  So even if the efficiency isn't there, the volume will be. 
  • Bell:  Under.  He hasn't played in over a year, and while I think he'll get a ton of receiving yardage, I imagine he'll be under 1,000 rushing either due to injury or not being as effective in that department as we hoped.  Our O-Line isn't exactly stellar either.  1,600+ Net Yards?  Sure.  1,000 Rushing yards?  I don't think so. 
  • Anderson:  Under.  A lot of mouths to feed in this offense now, and Anderson would need to stay healthy for at least 14/15 games to approach this number. 
  • Herndon:  Over.  Easy call here, even with the impending suspension; all he needs is about 3 catches per game.  We don't yet know if we have a capable pass-catching TE2, and Herndon has the talent and likely role in this offense to easily surpass that number. 
  • Quinnen Williams:  Under.  Guys who are forced to play Nose Tackle for 50+ %  of his snaps don't tend to get great Sack numbers. 

• Upvote 2

The toughest one was QW.

Darnold: Under. The Jets aren't going to pass enough to throw 30 TDs but I hope this happens... he'd come close to Fitz's record and lock himself in as the bonafide stud we expect him to be. As a Jet fan who's watched troubled offense/struggling QBs for so long, it's tough for me to say that our second year QB will set the Jets touchdown passing record.

Bell: Over. He is everything for this offense and will get the ball a ton.

Anderson: Under. I think the Jets will mix it up too much to have him break 1,000 yards.

Herndon: Over. This one was easy, Darnold is comfortable with him and he's going to get a lot of looks - especially if Enunwa/Crowder can stay healthy and perform.

QW: Over. I think he could be an instant breakout star but I can easily see this being under.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

The toughest one was QW.

Darnold: Under. The Jets aren't going to pass enough to throw 30 TDs but I hope this happens... he'd come close to Fitz's record and lock himself in as the bonafide stud we expect him to be. As a Jet fan who's watched troubled offense/struggling QBs for so long, it's tough for me to say that our second year QB will set the Jets touchdown passing record.

Bell: Over. He is everything for this offense and will get the ball a ton.

Anderson: Under. I think the Jets will mix it up too much to have him break 1,000 yards.

Herndon: Over. This one was easy, Darnold is comfortable with him and he's going to get a lot of looks - especially if Enunwa/Crowder can stay healthy and perform.

QW: Over. I think he could be an instant breakout star but I can easily see this being under.

Herndon got a lot of looks when Quincy went down. Now you've added Crowder in the slot, Quincys back, plus you've added 2 RBs that are also awesome WRs in Bell & Montgomery. 

I think we'll see WAY MORE YAC in 2019 than Jet fans are use to seeing. You get YAC by having a QB who can anticipate & be deadly accurate, Sam can do that. Bell in the backfield will make everyone's job easier. Play action with Bell is gonna be really fun to watch because defenses have to honor it because you need to have a player shadow him because he'll kill you in the flat if he gets past a rushing LB. I can't wait to see this offense develop, Gase loves versatility. Quincy is like a Swiss Army knife, so are Bell & Montgomery. They are going to FINALLY ATTACK weaknesses on opposing defenses. 

• Upvote 1