Im no fan of Robbie Andersen for obvious reasons.... BUT

I like reading articles like this...

Robbie, I wish we could replace you today but it would be freaking great if you could do more than just run in a straight line.

Hell the bar is so low for you, I'd be happy if you just ran that straight line to the whistle, never mind being the best receiver or even just catching the your passes. Just don't punk out after 5 feet...

(man i really think Robbie is over rated I argued with someone about it the other day for way too many posts, but then this gem of an article came up- count on me to root for him to be a better player this season - although I am pretty sure he will do something stupid and get suspended or just cost us games for lack of execution - but whateves - lets go ROBBIE!!)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/08/robby-anderson-goal-is-to-become-best-receiver-in-the-nfl/

Robby Anderson has put up good numbers in the past. He thinks he has an even brighter future.

The Jets wide receiver is ready to build on a strong finish to last season, even though the year as a whole represented a bit of a step back for him.

“That was a down year for me,” Anderson said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “I know my capabilities. I know what I want to become . . . and that’s the best receiver in the NFL.”

That’s optimistic, but he certainly has shown signs of being a reliable target for Sam Darnold.

He caught 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns in 2017, and though his numbers were down across the board last year (50-752-6), he finished the season strong. In Weeks 14-16, he had 312 receiving yards and three touchdowns, showing a connection with Darnold that has led to optimism there.

That also comes with more responsibility, as new coach Adam Gase wants to expand Anderson’s role beyond running fast in a straight line.

“We’re just going to keep trying to think of ways to get him the ball, ways to create variety in his routes,” Gase said. “Instead of just doing one or two things, maybe we can open that thing up to five, six, seven things to where he’s a threat on multiple levels whether it be underneath, intermediate or down the field.”

If that happens, Anderson would certainly be closer to his goal.

• Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1

54 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

This sh*t is getting out of hand with the Robbie hate, and considering our now GM was part of the staff in Philly that tried to trade for him, my bet is he isn't going anywhere.

Jet fans act like we have so much offensive talent that they can dump undrafted FA's that turned into productive players for no apparent reason. I love Robbie as a player and he's alright in my book as a person. Let's not act like no one makes mistakes in life, especially being under the microscope of being a proffesional athlete. He's a football player not a choir boy.

It’s confusing 

57 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

This sh*t is getting out of hand with the Robbie hate, and considering our now GM was part of the staff in Philly that tried to trade for him, my bet is he isn't going anywhere.

Jet fans act like we have so much offensive talent that they can dump undrafted FA's that turned into productive players for no apparent reason. I love Robbie as a player and he's alright in my book as a person. Let's not act like no one makes mistakes in life, especially being under the microscope of being a proffesional athlete. He's a football player not a choir boy.

Agreed.  He was an UDFA who averages 50 receptions per year with sub-par QB play, no RB and terrible offensive coordinators.  Give the kid a break!  If he stays healthy he's going to have a very good year.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm confused as to what the obvious reasons are, it's not like hes a despicable primmadonna faberge turd like Pennington 

I’m fairly certain it’s because he’s half white, everyone hates white receivers except for the Pats

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Crusher always says he’s plus sized, but damn, that’s big eaten right there

The NIH is strongly considering a new BMI categorization far to the right of morbidly obese called crusher 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Robbie needs to keep running them straight lines. Jets tried him across the middle early last season and what happened? The defense held him up and ripped out the ball - didn't take much. The sideline is his friend and the long pass. Over the middle where linebackers can rip him apart - no thanks!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Robbie needs to keep running them straight lines. Jets tried him across the middle early last season and what happened? The defense held him up and ripped out the ball - didn't take much. The sideline is his friend and the long pass. Over the middle where linebackers can rip him apart - no thanks!

That's Q's role.

I definitely understand your take on Robby.... imo your post might be giving him too little credit. Someone had posted a video of all Robbies routes from last season and although yes, most of his damage comes from long yardage bombs. But he definitely showed an ability to execute more of the tree than just RUN FORREST RUN!!

I also really believe (could be completely wrong) that Gase's offense and play calling will utilize other way that Robbie can hurt the opposing D. I'm expecting a breakout season - factoring the fact that this would be exactly the Jets luck. Breakout season and new demands for Top 3 WR money. Jets luck. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

“ Crusher loves you Robbie!” I believe! 

I believe in him too, I’m a fan....just something about him - I don’t feel he’s a bad kid, just made some bad choices.  Give him a chance.

He is a great weapon to have, and fun to watch!  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1