Sign in to follow this  
BornJetsFan1983

Im no fan of Robbie Andersen for obvious reasons.... BUT

I guess watching yet another Robby Anderson thread go up with the same'ol tweets, making the same'ol comments about him never gets old for  some of these intellectuals. 

If im correct, the next thread posting the same'ol tweets, making the same'ol comments about those same'ol tweets will be posted in September. 

Meh.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I hope Robby Anderson the football player transitions to Superstar status. I hope Robby Anderson the man grows up. For real dude, you're a millionaire now.. go buy a suit and go to etiquette and elocution class. The whole troubled black youth from the projects, da hood, the streets, Hard Knocks..its old now. It's OVER!!! We've heard this story ad nauseam 50,000 times am I right? It's not threatening or special or unique anymore. Lots of people have tough lives. What you have to realize is that there's more important things than sneakers, weed, cars ,and neck tattoos. Hopefully somebody in this guy's life can be the voice of reason, tell him what a huge opportunity he has, and to cut his ridiculously bad hair!! Lol! D'Brickashaw Ferguson retired quietly, plays chess and classical guitar. Darrelle Revis never heard from again.. he's busy flipping commercial real estate. Curtis Martin the entrepreneur has ties to multiple businesses and he's looking to buy a professional football team. Dont be so busy representing Hard Knocks, that you don't realize when Opportunity Knocks.

I dont hear Robby Anderson complaining about da hood. When did that happen? From our vantage point, all we see is a man who seems to be about that action to better himself at his profession. This guy dedicated himself to his talent even when he wasnt the best student to make sure that he gave himself a chance to be successful on the football field. And when the NFL didnt take notice and he ended up being an undrafted rookie free agent, the moment he got an opportunity to be part of a team's camp he made sure to earn a spot, even though he knew that by just being an undrafted rookie it would be incredibly difficult to get the eyes of a team that had already overlooked him... but he grinded to the point that they ultimately put him on the 53 and ultimately a starter.

I seen a guy who's come off as a grinder and a guy who wants to overachieve given his underdog status to the point where as a UDRFA he ended up being the best WR on the team. 

He did this without outside acceptance, and I say that because of your statement "go buy a suit and go to etiquette and elocution class". 

What's Ironic about this statement is that many of the folks that come from da hood, worry themselves so much about what other folks think of them or how they're perceived by others (that etiquette). They've been fooled to think that their value is solely based on what other folks think of them. 

Robby Anderson has a strong enough personality that he doesnt have to worry about taking classes in order to seek approval from outsiders. I think his hairstyle is code for "F your etiquette". It takes a man comfortable in his own skin to approach a world that's full of critics seeking judgement of others. 

He didnt need this etiquette or the mastery of this language to reach his dreams. He did that by grinding. How about folks respect that, especially coming from a guy who came from da hood yet made sure not to become a statistic that folks like yourself heard about 50,000 times. 

It sounds to me like Robby Anderson is taking the David Goggins route. Sometimes you have to care not about what folks say or feel about you. We've had numerous threads talking about the same nonsense, and yet, just by the fact that he's still the top receiver on the Jets proves that while folks are talking about his tweets, tats and the classes he should take in order to be acceptable in our eyes, he was somewhere grinding trying to get better at his craft and the path the he decided to walk. 

Honestly, the only thing that's been heard ad nauseam are the comments made about him on this board. There's atleast 50,000 of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Robby just deleted every picture he ever put up on Instagram and asked his followers to send in pics of him with them to put up. He’s dedicating his Instagram account to his fans.

What an immature hoodrat millennial thing to do.

Oh the irony. Its the man from da hood who understands humility.

Maybe these intellectuals should go take a class on that. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company