Sign in to follow this  
BornJetsFan1983

Im no fan of Robbie Andersen for obvious reasons.... BUT

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have been seeing this picture for damn near a decade and this is the first time I noticed that his shirt says "Wide Guy." 

Just looked now after your post. yea. Lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i'm not getting why robbie polarizes so much.  first off, just what should be expected from a udfa?  and then what should be expected of any guy who has had to deal with the crappy qb's and offenses the jets have fielded for the past 4 seasons.  true enough this should be his make or break year but that could apply to just about any player after 4 seasons.  he has talent.  the jets don't have any other player with the same talent.  let's see what he can do.

Look at his stats from last year. He had a good year. 750yds. 15yds a catch, with 7 TDs.  With a rookie QB. He missed two games because of an ankle sprain.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If I recall correctly, last season was for the most part meh for him because the coaches tried to give him more things to do and he wasn't  good at any. They ran him on slats and drags and all he did was run out of bounds, they tried down and outs and got mauled by the defender. At the end they just let him run down the field and it worked, he finished  strong. 

The problem.here is trying to fix something that isn't  broken. He runs really good deep routes and is very good at tracking the ball. There aren't  a lot of receivers that do that as well as Anderson. Also, we have Crowder, Bell, and Herndon to run the intermediate routes and none of them can take the top off like Anderson can. Let him be what he is. This sounds like a classic sq. Peg in a round hole scenario.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Pretty sure this is 2017.   Seems like it is all McCown and I don't think they played the Falcons in 2018. 

This does show a couple of short drags across the middle with some success, but in 2018 he was stripped a couple of times which really hurt.  He will always do the bulk of his work outside the hash, but having a couple of shorter or crossing routes that can be worked sucessfully will keep the D honest.

My bad. He is such an enormous threat deep, corners have to play way off him. Because of that, he should be a threat on a variety of routes. Even when they try and take the deep pass away, he still blows by people. It's awesome.

• Upvote 1

Robby is a product of his environment. To us Ebonics is just bad English. It is in no way an indicator of one's intelligence. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I've wondered, but never looked it up - Did he finish and graduate?

They were discussing the whole paying college athletes debate on Joe and Evan this morning. I'm aware there are a million aspects and it's a very complex issue, but I couldn't help but think of this thread and Robby Anderson. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Robby wouldn't put together a coherent application essay, letalone get in. Forget about actually passing courses and getting a degree. 

Watch, listen, and learn.

14 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Cool vid, thanks for posting. Was there a point you're making, or just sharing some of his history? 

Not being sarcastic, I think I missed what you were trying to say 

He's a good person, who also isn't stupid. If you get beyond the bad English, and listen to the thought behind the words, people would realize that. He's no intellect, but he's not stupid. I respect the man. He's a fighter, who didn't let adversity bring him down. He really is a feel good story. Not referring to you, but i get pissed when some posters refer to him as a punk. he's not. Considering his background, he very easily could have developed into one.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have to put you on ignore now.  This is so inaccurate its perposterus. 

Isn't it though.Jeez!

2 hours ago, Larz said:

For the people easily offended by grammar, the Jets official Instagram page today had the following tagline 

“Fresh out the work week”

Dat embarisin477613327_RobbyAndersonmugshot_1494268926022_9715523_ver1.0_1280_720.thumb.jpg.6dec971aeb263bfc324d6cfe3be575e8.jpg

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

in the world where your accent defines you as low class and deserving  of scorn by these mokes at JetNation..

homer blank stare GIF

Your killin it in this thread Losmeister.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company