Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BornJetsFan1983

Im no fan of Robbie Andersen for obvious reasons.... BUT

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I definitely understand your take on Robby.... imo your post might be giving him too little credit. Someone had posted a video of all Robbies routes from last season and although yes, most of his damage comes from long yardage bombs. But he definitely showed an ability to execute more of the tree than just RUN FORREST RUN!!

I also really believe (could be completely wrong) that Gase's offense and play calling will utilize other way that Robbie can hurt the opposing D. I'm expecting a breakout season - factoring the fact that this would be exactly the Jets luck. Breakout season and new demands for Top 3 WR money. Jets luck. 

Man I hope for that problem. If Gase can coach up him it would be great start in NY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I believe in him too, I’m a fan....just something about him - I don’t feel he’s a bad kid, just made some bad choices.  Give him a chance.

He is a great weapon to have, and fun to watch!  

Exactly. He’s learning as he goes just like the rest of us. As a father of five I’ve seen this before . 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Robbie weighs like a buck twenty, you could eat Robbie

Crusher could walk around with Robbie stuck in his butt crack.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Crusher could walk around with Robbie stuck in his butt crack.

A friend of mine would like to see pics of that, his name rhymes with FlowSillyVelve, got any?

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm not getting why robbie polarizes so much.  first off, just what should be expected from a udfa?  and then what should be expected of any guy who has had to deal with the crappy qb's and offenses the jets have fielded for the past 4 seasons.  true enough this should be his make or break year but that could apply to just about any player after 4 seasons.  he has talent.  the jets don't have any other player with the same talent.  let's see what he can do.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, genot said:

Hey OP.6a00d83451b26169e20128773b5695970c.jpg.3bca6ccc1bdfa528139c80baa6b7d1e2.jpg

I have been seeing this picture for damn near a decade and this is the first time I noticed that his shirt says "Wide Guy." 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have been seeing this picture for damn near a decade and this is the first time I noticed that his shirt says "Wide Guy." 

I miss fat Rex, it all changed when he got that surgery

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have been seeing this picture for damn near a decade and this is the first time I noticed that his shirt says "Wide Guy." 

Just looked now after your post. yea. Lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i'm not getting why robbie polarizes so much.  first off, just what should be expected from a udfa?  and then what should be expected of any guy who has had to deal with the crappy qb's and offenses the jets have fielded for the past 4 seasons.  true enough this should be his make or break year but that could apply to just about any player after 4 seasons.  he has talent.  the jets don't have any other player with the same talent.  let's see what he can do.

Look at his stats from last year. He had a good year. 750yds. 15yds a catch, with 7 TDs.  With a rookie QB. He missed two games because of an ankle sprain.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, genot said:

Look at his stats from last year. He had a good year. 750yds. 15yds a catch, with 7 TDs.  With a rookie QB. He missed two games because of an ankle sprain.

Damn. That is pretty good. With the addition of Crowder, I could see his targets go down or stay steady this year. If he improves upon those stats there, then the Jets make the playoffs. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

 

We appreciate you popping into this thread and sharing your pearls of wisdom with us minions.

Have you considered charging for your posts?

Those are only in the VIP forum.  Got $55?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nico002 said:

His race 

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not but if we have fans who don't like players because they're black then they would hate most of the offense and almost all of our defense.  This makes no sense to me....but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not but if we have fans who don't like players because they're black then they would hate most of the offense and almost all of our defense.  This makes no sense to me....but whatever.

I don't care about the color of his skin.  Not a big fan of his haircut, but to each their own.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I recall correctly, last season was for the most part meh for him because the coaches tried to give him more things to do and he wasn't  good at any. They ran him on slats and drags and all he did was run out of bounds, they tried down and outs and got mauled by the defender. At the end they just let him run down the field and it worked, he finished  strong. 

The problem.here is trying to fix something that isn't  broken. He runs really good deep routes and is very good at tracking the ball. There aren't  a lot of receivers that do that as well as Anderson. Also, we have Crowder, Bell, and Herndon to run the intermediate routes and none of them can take the top off like Anderson can. Let him be what he is. This sounds like a classic sq. Peg in a round hole scenario.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If I recall correctly, last season was for the most part meh for him because the coaches tried to give him more things to do and he wasn't  good at any. They ran him on slats and drags and all he did was run out of bounds, they tried down and outs and got mauled by the defender. At the end they just let him run down the field and it worked, he finished  strong. 

The problem.here is trying to fix something that isn't  broken. He runs really good deep routes and is very good at tracking the ball. There aren't  a lot of receivers that do that as well as Anderson. Also, we have Crowder, Bell, and Herndon to run the intermediate routes and none of them can take the top off like Anderson can. Let him be what he is. This sounds like a classic sq. Peg in a round hole scenario.  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, genot said:

 

Pretty sure this is 2017.   Seems like it is all McCown and I don't think they played the Falcons in 2018. 

This does show a couple of short drags across the middle with some success, but in 2018 he was stripped a couple of times which really hurt.  He will always do the bulk of his work outside the hash, but having a couple of shorter or crossing routes that can be worked sucessfully will keep the D honest.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

player or person?

 

18 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Oh my, a player in the NFL whose goal is to be the best. How unusual.................... be the best as a player or person?

I thought his character is a lil suspect, No? 

Still :confused:.......:)

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Pretty sure this is 2017.   Seems like it is all McCown and I don't think they played the Falcons in 2018. 

This does show a couple of short drags across the middle with some success, but in 2018 he was stripped a couple of times which really hurt.  He will always do the bulk of his work outside the hash, but having a couple of shorter or crossing routes that can be worked sucessfully will keep the D honest.

My bad. He is such an enormous threat deep, corners have to play way off him. Because of that, he should be a threat on a variety of routes. Even when they try and take the deep pass away, he still blows by people. It's awesome.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The board is becoming unreadable.  Only good posters like myself and a few others should be able to start a thread.  

Its awful having to sift through crap like this.

:bs_lame:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JiF said:

I like Robby Anderson, a lot. 

Crusher to Robby. You sure have varied tastes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...  must be a duck

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If I recall correctly, last season was for the most part meh for him because the coaches tried to give him more things to do and he wasn't  good at any. They ran him on slats and drags and all he did was run out of bounds, they tried down and outs and got mauled by the defender. At the end they just let him run down the field and it worked, he finished  strong. 

The problem.here is trying to fix something that isn't  broken. He runs really good deep routes and is very good at tracking the ball. There aren't  a lot of receivers that do that as well as Anderson. Also, we have Crowder, Bell, and Herndon to run the intermediate routes and none of them can take the top off like Anderson can. Let him be what he is. This sounds like a classic sq. Peg in a round hole scenario.  

Gase loves throwing outside of the numbers. Most of his passes that are not the deep routes will be towards the sidelines. Gase also is known for throwing quick passes. Expect to see a lot of immediate passes which can actually benefit this year's offense due to poor offensive line play.

Bell is another player who is going to benefit from Gase's play calling. 

Bell's power run scheme might not have been the best fit as far as for running the ball but Bell the receiver is could not have been a more better fit. Gase will maybe 2 to 3 times a game pull his running back out wide in a spread formation. Bell is also great at getting open in with check downs, something Gase runs a ton of. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshot_20190709-190901_Twitter.thumb.jpg.19f1826c1eb4fff55d734770a58d86da.jpg

And today, the complex workings of the inner mind of Robby Anderson. 🤯

Thank Christ this guy is good at running straight and catching a ball. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Screenshot_20190709-190901_Twitter.thumb.jpg.19f1826c1eb4fff55d734770a58d86da.jpg

And today, the complex workings of the inner mind of Robby Anderson. 🤯

Thank Christ this guy is good at running straight and catching a ball. 

Day light saving Time 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Screenshot_20190709-190901_Twitter.thumb.jpg.19f1826c1eb4fff55d734770a58d86da.jpg

And today, the complex workings of the inner mind of Robby Anderson. 🤯

Thank Christ this guy is good at running straight and catching a ball. 

 

8 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Day light saving Time 

 

 

#ncaastudentathlete

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rsherman28 said:

Day light saving Time 

 

 

Seriously, I can't handle listening to this guy speak. I know it probably makes me a prick for laughing at him and I do feel a little bad, but Thank God he can catch a football. Robby wouldnt have a chance of grasping the complexity of collecting the carts at Walmart. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's "Robby" Anderson.

Not "Robbie."

This has driven me nuts for long enough.  C'mon fellas, not that hard to get to spell his name correctly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 10:07 PM, RoadFan said:

It's "Robby" Anderson.

Not "Robbie."

This has driven me nuts for long enough.  C'mon fellas, not that hard to get to spell his name 

Have you seen his birth certificate? No? Well than, considering there is a better than solid chance that "Robby" could be spelling his own name wrong, I wouldn't let this drive you nuts dude. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Reading some of the posts mentioning race makes me want to clarify something so I'm not taken the wrong way -

When I have a laugh at Robby's expense, it's purely, 100% unequivocally because he has a functional IQ somewhere just south of a jar of mayo, and he makes me laugh sometimes.

I would be just as entertained by the whitest, waspy person on the planet if they produced these bits of wisdom;

Screenshot_20190711-014328_Twitter.thumb.jpg.6603da3827449d51adec9976dad29103.jpg

Screenshot_20190711-014506_Twitter.thumb.jpg.1175c90d263b9119547fa7efd11676cf.jpg

I just want to be clear so that no one misunderstands me. I may be an insensitive prick who enjoys laughing at illiteracy and social media, but I don't discriminate.

Dumb as dirt doesn't have a color. However, it may at times be indecisive;Screenshot_20190711-014741_Twitter.thumb.jpg.2ce2d64c525a0f9f933c6326fb3229d5.jpg

Screenshot_20190711-014552_Twitter.thumb.jpg.421fb8a958b5cd59717e206fc49d12d1.jpg

College graduate, lol. Henry Gates would be so proud of these tweets. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robby is a product of his environment. To us Ebonics is just bad English. It is in no way an indicator of one's intelligence. 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Have you seen his birth certificate? No? Well than, considering there is a better than solid chance that "Robby" could be spelling his own name wrong, I wouldn't let this drive you nuts dude. 

Wow.   Hard to respond to something so ridiculous... but I'll give it a shot.

Check his Twitter account.   It is Robby.  I think his legal name is probably Robert.

I see people pronouncing their surname incorrectly quite often.  They Americanize the pronunciation of their European name.

But spelling their own name wrong?  Unless they did it intentionally and legally.... simply an absurd notion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is this the ritchie inocgnito fan club sign up thread?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetster said:

College graduate, lol. Henry Gates would be so proud of these tweets. 

I've wondered, but never looked it up - Did he finish and graduate?

They were discussing the whole paying college athletes debate on Joe and Evan this morning. I'm aware there are a million aspects and it's a very complex issue, but I couldn't help but think of this thread and Robby Anderson. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Robby wouldn't put together a coherent application essay, letalone get in. Forget about actually passing courses and getting a degree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...