Jets Mount Rushmore

3 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Would you care to compare Riggins and CuMars playoff and Superbowl numbers?

Didnt think so.

Sure.

Riggins playoff numbers with the Jets:

0 carries, 0 yards, 0.0 avg, 0 TDs, 0 recs

Curtis playoff numbers with the Jets:

133 carries, 528 yds, 3.97 ypc, 8 TDs

Interestingly enough their overall playoff ypcs are 3.97 for riggins and 4.37 for Curtis.  Curtis also didn't get to run behind the hogs.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Sure.

Riggins playoff numbers with the Jets:

0 carries, 0 yards, 0.0 avg, 0 TDs, 0 recs

Curtis playoff numbers with the Jets:

133 carries, 528 yds, 3.97 ypc, 8 TDs

Interestingly enough their overall playoff ypcs are 3.97 for riggins and 4.37 for Curtis.  Curtis also didn't get to run behind the hogs.

Ignores Riggins playoff and  MVP Super Bowl stats like they never happened. 

If you are seriously saying Martin was the better player you are either trolling or just plain ignorant regarding football history

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Ignores Riggins playoff and  MVP Super Bowl stats like they never happened. 

If you are seriously saying Martin was the better player you are either trolling or just plain ignorant regarding football history

I don't ignore that at all, we are comparing Riggins as a Jet to Curtis as a Jet.  Curtis easily wins that matchup.  Their entire careers?  That's a lot closer and Riggins could get the nod but remember his best years came running behind the hogs, a dominant OL.  Riggins averaged 3.8 ypc in DC, only averaged more than 4 two times there.  

40 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't ignore that at all, we are comparing Riggins as a Jet to Curtis as a Jet.  Curtis easily wins that matchup.  Their entire careers?  That's a lot closer and Riggins could get the nod but remember his best years came running behind the hogs, a dominant OL.  Riggins averaged 3.8 ypc in DC, only averaged more than 4 two times there.  

NO ! Only you are comparing Riggins as a Jet to Martins Jet career. I am comparing total careers and believe that like 99% of football fans believe Riggins was far superior. If you want to discuss who was the better player stop moving the goal posts.

You didnt see me parse out CuMars years in New England did you?

Oh and get this, CuMar scored 10 TDs his whole career. WOW ! 10!

Sometimes he would literally go 3-4 years between TDs.

Riggins? 104 career touchdowns so lets stop with the Cumar is equal to or better than a Super Bowl MVP.

Again ... tell me about CuMars big game stats. 

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

NO ! Only you are comparing Riggins as a Jet to Martins Jet career. I am comparing total careers and believe that like 99% of football fans believe Riggins was far superior. If you want to discuss who was the better player stop moving the goal posts.

Riggins? 104 career touchdowns so lets stop with the Cumar is equal to or better than a Super Bowl MVP.

The discussion is about the Jets Mt. Rushmore, why would we being his DC days into it?  If that's the case then Ronnie Lott, Brett favre and LT should be on it.

10 TDs in his whole career?  You know that's receiving TDs, right? Curtis had 90 rush TDs and you know Riggins only had 25 with the Jets, right?  His TD totals went through the roof at the end of his career running behind the Hogs.

Curtis didn't have the hogs to run behind but he did average 4.37 YPC compared to 3.97 for Riggins. Curtis carried Drew Bledsoe to a super bowl.

15 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

It’s the Jets Mount Rushmore so what Riggins did as a redskin is meaningless 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s the Jets Mount Rushmore so what Riggins did as a redskin is meaningless 

Some are suggesting Curtis Martin who was a Patriot. Revis was a Bucaneer...........and a Patriot.

Seems fair enough to consider Riggins who was an original Jet. 

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Some are suggesting Curtis Martin who was a Patriot. Revis was a Bucaneer...........and a Patriot.

Curtis played 73% of his seasons as a Jet and made the hall of fame mostly because of what he did as a Jet.

Revis played 73% of his seasons as a Jet and will make the hall mostly because of what he did as a Jet.

Riggins played 36% of his seasons as a Jet and made the hall mostly because of what he did as a Redskin.

23 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Seriously 

Martin played 123 games (8 years) as a Jets and had over 10k yards and 58 TDs. Riggins Jet’s numbers weren’t even close to that.

Some posters are mad at Revis for holding out so they hate him.

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Seriously 

Martin played 123 games (8 years) as a Jets and had over 10k yards and 58 TDs. Riggins Jet’s numbers weren’t even close to that.

Some posters are mad at Revis for holding out so they hate him.

Mad at revis for maximizing his earnings but not mad at Riggins for leaving the Jets after 5 years for more money.

I’d say it all depends on where they played the bulk of their career. Revis was a jet all but two seasons. Martin was a jet all but 3 seasons.

Riggins was a jet for 4 years and a skin for 9.

That’s sorta the defining marker imo

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app