STH Call with Joe Douglas 1pm

32 yr STH on the line.

What positive remark can you give a long time Jet fan like me?  What direction can you put us in?

"everyone gets on the same page.  High competetion levels that coaching staff is bringing here.  We are going to compete each and every week.  yada yada "one day at a time......"

• Upvote 1

"what are your development plans for our 1st and 2d year players?"

"great question"  "going to take training, effort, coaching....  "  Refers to jenkins having had a breakout year with 7.5 sacks...  surround them with best coaches possible

• Upvote 2

"What do YOU 'uniquely' bring to the table?"

Baltimore experience

ground floor in Chicago under Pace

Eagles - Howie Rosemn

I really put emphasis on "the person", Locker room, Culture. High Character people who love to compete.

• Upvote 1

"Pick your brain ques"  Discusses the importance of building relationships between the scouts and the college staffs. Super important for scouts to have positive functional relationship with college coaches to get info for evaluations.  

• Upvote 2

"How are you adjusting to NY"?

LOL.  Being 30 miles out in F.P., he hasn't been to Manhattan much. 

TE Question. Jets fail to capitalize on TE position.  How are we going to use TE? 

(Shouldn't that be a Gase question???)

Douglas: TEs very impt.  Excited about TEs on this roster. Really liked Herndon coming out.  Discusses all the others including Brown stretching the field.  Finally mentions Wesco.  (WTF?)  270 lbs "smash mouth" football.  Excitiing pieces at TE here and they will continue to add to it.

• Upvote 1

last question from a 41 year STH:

"Why did you choose the Jets now .....considering you were 'highly sought after'?"

"shares philosophies with Chris Johnson

comfortable with Adam Gase

really talented pieces onthis Roster.

Sam, Adams, Anderson.....  etc.   staff ... etc.  key pieces in place.... right fit.

No mention of all the money...  LOL

Gotham19 Jets reward code (100 pts)

call done

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"Why did you choose the Jets now .....considering you were 'highly sought after'?"

Sam, Adams, Anderson.....  etc.   staff ... etc.  key pieces in place.... right fit.

call done

"I wasn't sure if it was the right fit.  Then they called back with a few million more dollars and it really just felt like the right situation for me."

lol

44 minutes ago, Dcat said:

calls starting:

Wow.  background noise.  Dude!

Will Jets be active in FA and trades?

ans: Yes  (w/ lots of words)

"What are biggest challenge?"

There's what Joe says but also would be fun to know what he thinks while answering these questions....

"Love the new uniforms.  Hate the beer prices at MetLife.  Sam's great....but I usually have a thing for redheads anyway.  I'm gonna name drop Jordan Jenkins so that fans don't think I'm completely sh*tting on the previous regime even though its drafting sucked.....oh, and gotta mention Jamal Adams because you know....T0m."

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

call done

Would have been a lot easier to read if you waited til the end to piece together your hard to read notes separated into 5 post half written and posted it in one easy to read post with maybe some bulletin points. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

"Pick your brain ques"  Discusses the importance of building relationships between the scouts and the college staffs. Super important for scouts to have positive functional relationship with college coaches to get info for evaluations.  

This is key to avoiding picking Lee in the first round - they hype train is pushing players as high as possible to help recruiting - reality may not match expectation and fit in a system

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Would have been a lot easier to read if you waited til the end to piece together your hard to read notes separated into 5 post half written and posted it in one easy to read post with maybe some bulletin points. 

I weep for your poor brain.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

There's what Joe says but also would be fun to know what he thinks while answering these questions....

"Love the new uniforms.  Hate the beer prices at MetLife.  Sam's great....but I usually have a thing for redheads anyway.  I'm gonna name drop Jordan Jenkins so that fans don't think I'm completely sh*tting on the previous regime even though its drafting sucked.....oh, and gotta mention Jamal Adams because you know....T0m."

great post.  I think he mentioned Jordan as a means of pre-justifying the large contract he's about to give him.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Good call.  I like this guy.

And I can't believe @Dcat gave out the Jets Rewards code for free!! :P

try not to spend your 100 points all at once.  Maybe Jets rewards has improved, but I remember when 1,000 points would get you an autographed photo of Clyde Gates.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Dude, you can barely string a sentence together.  He was doing us all a favor and transposing as he went. Figure it out.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, peebag said:

You are an American treasure with or without ticks on your dicks

I have a hard enough time believing T0m has one penis, let alone multiple ones...

Unless you're referring to the drawer-full he keeps in his bedside table.

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

call done

Wish I could have overhead that conversation...

• Haha 1