SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

God , I miss those practices at Hofstra

fixed

Walked 5 blocks up from Hempstead turnpike
Fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p_ny_jets_main_aerial.jpg&key=514b15e6280d056d401bc42f834a59ac3e67164cec0b78aa9bb84a4f1bf3f11c
Yes, architecture comes into play.
I've been fortunate to attend OTA's or TC practices at Florham Park for the last 5 years and it's different than Hofstra.  First off, it's much bigger, so there is more dead space between the fence and the fields, probably about 15 yards of grass.  Next, they built three fields side-by-side with a big tree in between two of them, so the middle field has no fans anywhere near the players except the endzones where they never are.  So unlike Hofstra which had a fence running around three sides of the primary practice field where fans could get really close, Florham Park is built differently.  Fans on the fence really can only see endzone stuff and not much happens there.
On the other hand, when you are invited, ah, whole different world, better than Hofstra was.  Because you're on a set of short bleachers, only about 50 in attendance, under a hospitality awning, and about 10 feet away from the players on the sidelines.  I was just there last month, I could hear them chatting, the works.
Attending an open practice at Florham Park is a bit of a downer if you're along the fence, it's really a waste of time.  If you're in the bleachers with 200 others its much better.  But it's the smaller 50 person VIP events that are really special.  I was at one once where it rained so they brought us all to the indoor facility, very cool.
SAR I

Need one say more, Money, exclusivity,What you know and who you know. The days of the blue-collar Jets fans have come to an end, very sad but true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Post of the Week 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company