Something Mark Sanchez can be proud of

20 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Better than Otto Graham, Fran Tarkenton and Johnny Unitas. 

But different eras don’t matter. Or so I’m told. 

I have no idea how to read this post. Is this sarcasm? In what direction? Do you think that Mark Sanchez did anything as well at QB as Graham, Tarkenton, or Unitas? Look at the modern era QBs after Sanchez, they all suck. 

For comparison, Sam Darnold threw for 220 yards/game as a rookie, a number I think every one of us expects him to improve upon this year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

I have no idea how to read this post. Is this sarcasm? In what direction? Do you think that Mark Sanchez did anything as well at QB as Graham, Tarkenton, or Unitas? Look at the modern era QBs after Sanchez, they all suck. 

For comparison, Sam Darnold threw for 220 yards/game as a rookie, a number I think every one of us expects him to improve upon this year. 

Dude. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, slats said:

What person anywhere tells you different eras don't matter? 

The GOAT convo, couple others. Passing stats used as further evidence of greatness without taking into regard (or somewhat dismissing) how the rules and the game has continued to change to inflate passing stats. 

Folks (some misguided) think there is no difference between the 1980s and 2000-today in how QBs are protected. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/10/2019 at 6:42 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

He nailed Eva Longoria in her prime....all other things he may have accomplished pale in comparison to that epic distinction 

Should start a poll involving: Eva Longoria, Kate Upton, and Bobby T. (baby mama).   

• Upvote 1

The truly amazing stats are his his away wins in playoffs. I just wish we put more emphasis on the OL and offense overall.  Would’ve made Sanchez a decent game manager. A RB like Bell would’ve done wonders taking off the pressure. Can’t wait for Darnold to take that advantage this year. I’m glad we got Bell, cuz it will mold Darnold into a successful QB imo. 

For a lot of guys on that list, they had good or even great stats during the prime of their careers, then sucked as they got old and finally retired. It was sort of like a bell curve that depressed their overall average. Sanchez, however, sucked as a rookie, sucked in the prime of his career and sucked up until the very day of his premature retirement. It was flatline suckage. At least he was consistent.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:43 AM, Hackenberg said:

Passing Yrds per game , career.

tied at 64 with Steve McNair.

and close to good company with other SB appearing QBs 

Ken O'brien 63

msan.png

Well that puts him 1 click above Doug Williams. Enough said. Back in the day it was a ground and pound game for the most part. Today it’s a 

31 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

For a lot of guys on that list, they had good or even great stats during the prime of their careers, then sucked as they got old and finally retired. It was sort of like a bell curve that depressed their overall average. Sanchez, however, sucked as a rookie, sucked in the prime of his career and sucked up until the very day of his premature retirement. It was flatline suckage. At least he was consistent.

How many Jets  can claim to be in two conference  championships? Back to back even. That's not sucking.

He accomplished more than countless other QBs/Jets QBs 

Sanchez's career INT % was 3.8.  Higher than the likes of Rex Grossman, Rick Mirer, Billy Joe Tolliver, Kyle Boller, Bubby Brister, Dave Brown, Jay Cutler, Joey Harrington, Chad Henne and Chris Miller. 

Sanchez's career Adjusted Yards/Attempt was 4.82.  Lower than the likes of Derek Anderson, Chad Henne, Chris Miller, Josh McCown, and Jay Fiedler. 

Sanchez's career Completion % was 56.6.  Lower than the likes of Kyle Boller, Josh Freeman, Byron Leftwich, Chad Henne and barely ahead of Joey Harrington. 

6 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

How many Jets  can claim to be in two conference  championships? Back to back even. That's not sucking.

How many actually believe Sanchez deserves credit for getting the Jets to even one of those conference games?

There's only one and he thinks Sanchez carried the team on his back.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

He sucked throughout all of that.  Not many QB's can claim to be handed the best offensive line and # 1 defense in the league in their first 2 years.  Usually, highly-drafted rookies start in crappy situations.  Many times they never get a chance to be in a good situation (SEE:  Manning, Archie). 

Sanchez didn't "accomplish" anything.  He was the same terrible QB in 2010 as he was in every subsequent year after that.  All available evidence supports that. 

Even in those first 2 years, Jets fans were well aware that Sanchez kind of sucked, but hoped he would take the "next step".  He never did. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He sucked throughout all of that.  Not many QB's can claim to be handed the best offensive line and # 1 defense in the league in their first 2 years.  Usually, highly-drafted rookies start in crappy situations.  Many times they never get a chance to be in a good situation (SEE:  Manning, Archie). 

Sanchez didn't "accomplish" anything.  He was the same terrible QB in 2010 as he was in every subsequent year after that.  All available evidence supports that. 

Even in those first 2 years, Jets fans were well aware that Sanchez kind of sucked, but hoped he would take the "next step".  He never did. 

Didn't accomplish anything.....?

Money, fame, power  to do what ever he wants. Earlier retirement. 

He accomplished  more in 2 years then you will for an entire life. Financially anyway.

15 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

He accomplished  more in 2 years then you will for an entire life. Financially anyway.

Yawn.  Obviously I'm talking about his accomplishments on the field relative to his peers.  I really couldn't care less how much money he made.  Sam Bradford has made even more money, if you really want to go down that  road. 

You started a thread presenting stats that suggest he accomplished something, I'm responding with stats saying he really didn't and was terrible at his job, relative to other QB's. 

14 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Do I have to lecture  you on the word ,"believe, again? 

Oh gather round and listen everybody, the great and powerful Hackenberg is about to lecture us about how you should believe nothing.  Which in itself is a belief. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yawn.  Obviously I'm talking about his accomplishments on the field relative to his peers.  I really couldn't care less how much money he made.  Sam Bradford has made even more money, if you really want to go down that  road. 

You started a thread presenting stats that suggest he accomplished something, I'm responding with stats saying he really didn't and was terrible at his job, relative to other QB's. 

And obviously  what I'm telling you is the reality  of the accomplishment. Youre living vicariously  through the least important  aspect.

It doesnt' matter if they went 0-16. He'd' still have  all the money, power and fame, you could only dream of.

• Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

And obviously  what I'm telling you is the reality  of the accomplishment. Youre living vicariously  through the least important  aspect.

It doesnt' matter if they went 0-16. He'd' still have  all the money, power and fame, you could only dream of.

Oh wow thanks, I totally didn't know he's rich and famous. 

You know he's not single, right?  Give up the dream. 

4 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Do I have to lecture  you on the word ,"believe, again? 

Is simply disagreeing with something incredibly pointless a problem for you?  Can't actually come up with something that makes more sense that the idea that Sanchez led the team anywhere?  That's what you're going to hang your hat on?  And then wanting to argue about it? 

You really suck at this trolling schtick you're playing.  Maybe try trolling the board of a team you actually like to start.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sanchez's career Completion % was 56.6.  

But higher than Johnny Unitas. 

Apropos of nothing. As long as we’re just throwing random stats out. 

Look, Mark was not great, not good, not even mediocre but after he was rookie of the week 2 of his first couple of weeks, high draft pick, some solid or VERY solid playoff games and then being sabotaged in 2011 with Wayne Hunter and taking away some of his offensive talent and replacing it with d-bags, why can’t we just let it go?

He didn’t get us TO the playoffs but once there he was stalwart on moving us along and the defense ultimately let us down. Both years. 

Geezuz f*ck guys, let it go. Was nearly a decade ago. 

8 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

To be fair, Justin Beiber has all that and more and he’s a total tool. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1