Something Mark Sanchez can be proud of

But higher than Johnny Unitas. 
Apropos of nothing. As long as we’re just throwing random stats out. 
Look, Mark was not great, not good, not even mediocre but after he was rookie of the week 2 of his first couple of weeks, high draft pick, some solid or VERY solid playoff games and then being sabotaged in 2011 with Wayne Hunter and taking away some of his offensive talent and replacing it with d-bags, why can’t we just let it go?
He didn’t get us TO the playoffs but once there he was stalwart on moving us along and the defense ultimately let us down. Both years. 
Geezuz f*ck guys, let it go. Was nearly a decade ago. 

No to all of this.

Come on. Anybody who watched Sanchez knows he wasn’t a good QB. He seemed like a decent guy, and he had a nice career sitting on the bench/ mentoring for a few teams after he left the Jets.

But are we really going to start mentioning him in the same sentence as Johnny effing Unitas??????

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Come on. Anybody who watched Sanchez knows he wasn’t a good QB. He seemed like a decent guy, and he had a nice career sitting on the bench/ mentoring for a few teams after he left the Jets.

But are we really going to start mentioning him in the same sentence as Johnny effing Unitas??????

So maybe you missed the narrative. 

Someone dumps on Mark suggesting his comp % was less than a bunch of really bad jags. 

Well, his comp % was higher than Jonny Unitas’. 

Johnny U is an HOFer and likely a top 5-10 QB of all time. 

Mark cannot carry his jockstrap. 

But if you’re going to crucify him on stats, understand stats cut different ways. 

No one is remotely suggesting Mark is in Johnny U’s universe.

But If you’re going to throw out stats, there are other stats that refute it.

Try to keep up my little....never mind, I know that’s a touchy subject for you. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So maybe you missed the narrative. 

Someone dumps on Mark suggesting his comp % was less than a bunch of really bad jags. 

Well, his comp % was higher than Jonny Unitas’. 

Johnny U is an HOFer and likely a top 5-10 QB of all time. 

Mark cannot carry his jockstrap. 

But if you’re going to crucify him on stats, understand stats cut different ways. 

No one is remotely suggesting Mark is in Johnny U’s universe.

But If you’re going to throw out stats, there are other stats that refute it.

Try to keep up my little....never mind, I know that’s a touchy subject for you. 

Mark was a  bad  QB. End of story. A jag.

Sorry sweetie, but nobody here Really needs you explaining to us how statistics work. Or pointing out how the league has changed over the years. Yet you continue to do it.

if you were half as smart as you think you are, you would see that. But just go ahead, let your ego run wild, you little internet tough guy you....

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

He has a higher comp % than Johnny U so it can’t be “no” to all of this. 

To be fair. 

Yes, it can.  While your fact is correct, its of course extremely misleading and not worth noting.  Johnny Unitas played in an era when you could maul WR's and the short passing game wasn't yet in existence.  Just stop. 

I already showed earlier in the thread which contemporaries Sanchez's completion % compared to, and its not pretty. 

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sanchez's career Completion % was 56.6.  Lower than the likes of Kyle Boller, Josh Freeman, Byron Leftwich, Chad Henne and barely ahead of Joey Harrington. 

Kyle Boller.  Yikes.

And not even a higher comp % than the QB taken later in the 2009 draft, Josh Freeman, who has been out of the league since 2015. 

But sure, let's adopt that revisionist history that suggests Sanchez was anything but awful.  It's amazing how Sanchez was the top reason we didn't win a Super Bowl in either 2009 or 2010 with those loaded teams, yet some people still DEFEND him.  How does that make any sense?  He's not worthy of your praise.  As Hackenberg pointed out, he's had a long career,  made a lot of money, and dated a lot of beautiful women for sucking at his job and costing us a shot at a title.  That makes him worthy of dislike, not whatever it is you guys are doing here. 

It would be a little like Red Sox fans defending Bob Stanley.  "Hey, we got to the World Series in '86  with him, so he must have been decent!"  Except Stanley actually had some decent years earlier in his career and wasn't paid tons of money for it. 

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How many actually believe Sanchez deserves credit for getting the Jets to even one of those conference games?

There's only one and he thinks Sanchez carried the team on his back.

I thought it was two?  junc and sar.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kyle Boller.  Yikes.

And not even a higher comp % than the QB taken later in the 2009 draft, Josh Freeman, who has been out of the league since 2015. 

But sure, let's adopt that revisionist history that suggests Sanchez was anything but awful.  It's amazing how Sanchez was the top reason we didn't win a Super Bowl in either 2009 or 2010 with those loaded teams, yet some people still DEFEND him.  How does that make any sense?  He's not worthy of your praise.  As Hackenberg pointed out, he's had a long career,  made a lot of money, and dated a lot of beautiful women for sucking at his job and costing us a shot at a title.  That makes him worthy of dislike, not whatever it is you guys are doing here. 

It would be a little like Red Sox fans defending Bob Stanley.  "Hey, we got to the World Series in '86  with him, so he must have been decent!"  Except Stanley actually had some decent years earlier in his career and wasn't paid tons of money for it. 

We're Super Bowl champions in 2010 with Josh McCown at QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, it can.  While your fact is correct, its of course extremely misleading and not worth noting.  Johnny Unitas played in an era when you could maul WR's and the short passing game wasn't yet in existence.  Just stop. 

I already showed earlier in the thread which contemporaries Sanchez's completion % compared to, and its not pretty. 

I was told eras didn't matter.

That Montana had it just as easy as Brady.

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

I was told eras didn't matter.

That Montana had it just as easy as Brady.

Whoever told you that was a moron. 

It's difficult to compare/contrast players across eras, for sure.  But it certainly isn't meaningless. 

For instance:  Sports before black players were allowed to play.  That's a factor.  I yawn whenever someone tries to argue that some QB from the 30's was one of the best ever. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Didn't accomplish anything.....?

Money, fame, power  to do what ever he wants. Earlier retirement. 

He accomplished  more in 2 years then you will for an entire life. Financially anyway.

So, in this thread, materialistic things matter.  In others, it's a sign of lack of wisdom?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Mark was a  bad  QB. End of story. A jag.

Sorry sweetie, but nobody here Really needs you explaining to us how statistics work. Or pointing out how the league has changed over the years. Yet you continue to do it.

if you were half as smart as you think you are, you would see that. But just go ahead, let your ego run wild, you little internet tough guy you....

Oooooh the "sweetie" dig.  That hurts SO much.  One of the most stinging insults one could hurl on the internet. 

Again, you missed the narrative.  Not surprising.   

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kyle Boller.  Yikes.

So you're telling me Bill Wennington WASN'T the reason the Bulls won a bunch of Championships? ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I said team.

Team....while Starting QB.  Is what you said. 

Pretty sure Dolphins fans revere Dan Marino a lot more than Ravens or Bucs fans revere Dilfer and Brad Johnson.  Because they're smart enough to recognize that Marino + 2000 Ravens/2002 Bucs D wins several titles. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

To be fair, Justin Beiber has all that and more and he’s a total tool. 

Hitler had a pretty good few years if we're concerning ourselves with "Money, fame, power  to do what ever he wants. Earlier retirement.  

He accomplished  more in 2 years then you...." Lol

Oh, kind of bothersome, it's than.  THAN, not THEN. 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

So, in this thread, materialistic things matter.  In others, it's a sign of lack of wisdom?

I'm simply giving something he can relate to. Calling a guy a bad player, who walks away with a few million for doing it. Is a inward spinning circle of pointless.

4 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

I'm simply giving something he can relate to. Calling a guy a bad player, who walks away with a few million for doing it. Is a inward spinning circle of pointless.  

I would say pointlessness.

But even the worst QBs who stick around for years walk away with millions.  

Christian Hackenberg made $2.8 million.  After taxes and hookers he's still probably got a milly.

And he never played.

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Christian Hackenberg made $2.8 million.  After taxes and hookers he's still probably got a milly.

And he never played.

I was going to type pointlessness , but auto correct didn't  like it. 

What's'  a peace frog? 

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

And he never played.

Never played. Yet he's been signed by 4 teams. That's one hell of a well paid career!