Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No because he looked pure awful leading up to the draft.  Big arm, hackenburg accuracy at the time.  I'll be shocked if he is accurate enough to do anything.

I don't think he looked awful prior to the draft and actually liked him coming out. Good size, good arm, and good placement on his deep balls.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Webb stuff is interesting because the whole appeal of Siemian was that he was someone Gase liked from Denver. It shows Gase isn’t playing favorites, even at backup QB. If Darnold goes down, he’s going to let the entirely unproven Webb play instead? That’s some balls. 

TAKES SOME SERIOUS CAJONES TO BENCH A GUY LIKE TREVOR SIEMIAN LEMME TELL YA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

TAKES SOME SERIOUS CAJONES TO BENCH A GUY LIKE TREVOR SIEMIAN LEMME TELL YA

You’re talking about a team that got heel-hooked for two years by Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick GUY

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

No because he looked pure awful leading up to the draft.  Big arm, hackenburg accuracy at the time.  I'll be shocked if he is accurate enough to do anything.

Well I guess we'll just have to dis agree.  I don't see how he looked "awful" at all.   Think he had a 61% completion.  Not great, but acceptable. 3-1 TD to picks.  Cannon of an arm.  Real accurate long ball.

Hard worker.  Student of football

At Tech was stuck behind Mahones for 3 years.  Went to  Cal. Looked pretty good.  Think the problem is footwork.  That's fixable.  Not saying the guys the next Brady, but if he's showing signs of improvement, with all the natural talent , that's a good thing IMO 

 

 

   

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 2:47 PM, CTJetsFan said:

If true (as reported), the funny thing is Webb is from the "old regime" and Siemian is a Gase acquisition (even though Macc was here when they signed him).

Siemian was brought in by Gase because of his familiarity with the offense & his ability to get Sam acclimated... he can still do that being 3rd string.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'm all for being optimistic, but his "big games" came against Towson, Tulane & Rice

https://godeacs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=926

My niece is in her masters program at Towson. If Dortch could be caught, she would've caught him. How do I know? Because her younger brother is killing it at Maritime, and she'd kick his ass any day, every day, including today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Harris said:

11 years in the NFL

He played that many years???!?? Holy sh*t he was a back up / plus a couple games starter for us for what like 2 or 3 seasons

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you lost me at Kellen Clemens

You only missed out on two more words; shoulda just reset your bearings and focused through to the end. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that kellen clemens...  a mentor almost as good as mclown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I am surprised by the Webb comment as I thought that he stinks pretty bad.

Based on what?  I can't remember seeing much of him playing meaningful football anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This is the most likely outcome.  The Jets aren't keeping both Dortch and Cannon IMO, although Brant Boyer spoke very highly of Cannon if I remember correctly in those positional coach press conferences about a month ago.  Maybe Cannon makes the 53 and Dortch to the PS?

Actually under the regime it's Cannon vs Powell. Bilal might not make it out of camp because he doesn't play special teams. Cannon as the gunner gets downfield in a hurry. Our special teams were pretty damn good last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This is the most likely outcome.  The Jets aren't keeping both Dortch and Cannon IMO, although Brant Boyer spoke very highly of Cannon if I remember correctly in those positional coach press conferences about a month ago.  Maybe Cannon makes the 53 and Dortch to the PS?

Actually under the regime it's Cannon vs Powell. Bilal might not make it out of camp because he doesn't play special teams. Cannon as the gunner gets downfield in a hurry. Our special teams were pretty damn good last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Simian was brought in with gase here.  Now they say he may be 3rd.  See the difference?

Yeah.  That is a nice example.  I wouldn't necessarily consider Siemian a "Gase guy" though.  Maccagnan signed him and he got to Denver after Gase left.  I hope that you are right, but every time a new coach comes in I have visions of Tuna and Belichick getting rid of useful players while trotting out Otis Smith, and Bobby Hamilton everywhere they go.  I'm sure it is a "culture" thing.  Those guys were as successful as it gets and had more pet players than anybody. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

You only missed out on two more words; shoulda just reset your bearings and focused through to the end. 

Lol you missed the point.

He was not a great or even decent number 2 QB. He couldn't win games.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if we trade Webb or Siemian for OLINE help. Doubt we keep Webb as a third string QB and Siemian seems untrade-able because of his contract. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, David Harris said:

11 years in the NFL

How many for Geno?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Wonder if we trade Webb or Siemian for OLINE help. Doubt we keep Webb as a third string QB and Siemian seems untrade-able because of his contract. 

Interesting idea.  There was a bunch of interest around the league when Webb was cut, but nobody would pony up.  Maybe the Jets are pumping him up in an attempt to get a late pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Interesting idea.  There was a bunch of interest around the league when Webb was cut, but nobody would pony up.  Maybe the Jets are pumping him up in an attempt to get a late pick.  

Could be. Can trading a potential #2 QB land us some OLINE help? Hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Could be. Can trading a potential #2 QB land us some OLINE help? Hope

Also interesting.  I traditionally think of these trades as late round/conditional draft picks.  With the NFL switching to one cut-down date there will be more and more player for player swaps.  I don't know if I'd expect true help at a position, but you can get a guy you like that might be close to the final cuts on another team.  Teams will want to get QBs into camp early to learn the offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, flgreen said:

Why?  Because Gentleman didn't like him?

During the OTA's and mini camps a few of the scribes mentioned that he looked really good.  I was surprised when everyone kept on bashing him.

Actually I thought Webb was a great pick in the 3rd to sit behind Eli for 2 years.  Was really surprised when the Giants cut him, and real happy when the Jets signed him.  IMO Webb has all the tools to be a good NFL QB

I completely agree. I am hoping Webb sticks and is here a couple of years while playing well in preseason.  Hell the Pats got a 2nd for Garopolo and he never played.  It would be nice to have him do well in a backup role when sam twists a toe too and get something for him later. The mentor thing was great when Sam was a rookie and our coach was Bates. Gase, Loggains and Cooter are his mentors now and that's the way it should be. Let Sam mentor our backups for the next 15 years so we can watch them net us some picks as they move on. 

I am looking for stuff like that to be in our future.  Webb is a quality player with a lot of upside.  much more than Semien

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I completely agree. I am hoping Webb sticks and is here a couple of years while playing well in preseason.  Hell the Pats got a 2nd for Garopolo and he never played.  It would be nice to have him do well in a backup role when sam twists a toe too and get something for him later. The mentor thing was great when Sam was a rookie and our coach was Bates. Gase, Loggains and Cooter are his mentors now and that's the way it should be. Let Sam mentor our backups for the next 15 years so we can watch them net us some picks as they move on. 

I am looking for stuff like that to be in our future.  Webb is a quality player with a lot of upside.  much more than Semien

And then trade him for a 2nd round pick to....the GIANTS hahahahaaaa. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

And then trade him for a 2nd round pick to....the GIANTS hahahahaaaa. 

OMG~   Now that would be so good. SOOOOOO GOOD!   

I'm not sure I could have dreamt that one up. I'm impressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

OMG~   Now that would be so good. SOOOOOO GOOD!   

I'm not sure I could have dreamt that one up. I'm impressed. 

I have a very demented imagination. 

Actually, I’m just plain demented. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, T0mShane said:

The Webb stuff is interesting because the whole appeal of Siemian was that he was someone Gase liked from Denver. It shows Gase isn’t playing favorites, even at backup QB. If Darnold goes down, he’s going to let the entirely unproven Webb play instead? That’s some balls. 

Gase isnt going to play favorites at starting QB, either. *ducks*

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, T0mShane said:

The Webb stuff is interesting because the whole appeal of Siemian was that he was someone Gase liked from Denver. It shows Gase isn’t playing favorites, even at backup QB. If Darnold goes down, he’s going to let the entirely unproven Webb play instead? That’s some balls. 

Siemian never played for Gase.  Gase left Denver for Chicago in 2015 when they drafted Siemian and won the super bowl.  I don't think it was the same offense either since Kubiak/Dennison came in to replace Fox/Gase.  There was some carry over, like Studesville, the RB coach the Jets interviewed for OC.  I figured Gase just got some info from some scout types that he was friendly with, or remembered Siemian from the pre-draft process, but who knows.  They have never been in the same camp..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 3:41 PM, More Cowbell said:

Shifty against who? This guy is slow by NFL standards. 

So...... I will take that as "No you haven't watched tape of Dortch"

Dude looks hard to handle out in open space.  Returner extraordinaire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

So...... I will take that as "No you haven't watched tape of Dortch"

Dude looks hard to handle out in open space.  Returner extraordinaire.

Are you kidding me, I don't have to watch tape to know this guy gets run down from behind on every return in the NFL. He is slow. 

If success at the college level was a guarantee to translate into the NFL, Peter Warwick would have been the best WR the NFL ever saw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you kidding me, I don't have to watch tape to know this guy gets run down from behind on every return in the NFL. He is slow. 

If success at the college level was a guarantee to translate into the NFL, Peter Warwick would have been the best WR the NFL ever saw. 

What are you basing this on?  Andre Roberts ran a 4.46.  Dortch has reportedly run the same.  There is literally no reason to think he is too slow to run punts back.  Punt returners almost never deal with what is behind them.  It is what is in front of them that matters.  I am way more worried about his size than his speed. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 12:10 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Also interesting.  I traditionally think of these trades as late round/conditional draft picks.  With the NFL switching to one cut-down date there will be more and more player for player swaps.  I don't know if I'd expect true help at a position, but you can get a guy you like that might be close to the final cuts on another team.  Teams will want to get QBs into camp early to learn the offense.

If Webb shows true progress, and not just hype for a trade, maybe we can get some value being how important QB is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you kidding me, I don't have to watch tape to know this guy gets run down from behind on every return in the NFL. He is slow. 

If success at the college level was a guarantee to translate into the NFL, Peter Warwick would have been the best WR the NFL ever saw. 

Nope no kidding here.

If you haven't even watched him play then you shouldn't have such a low opinion of him. 

I bet if you see some vids of him you will have a different outlook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What are you basing this on?  Andre Roberts ran a 4.46.  Dortch has reportedly run the same.  There is literally no reason to think he is too slow to run punts back.  Punt returners almost never deal with what is behind them.  It is what is in front of them that matters.  I am way more worried about his size than his speed. 

Punts are mostly fair catches because punters can put so much hang time on them. The guy was talked about as a return man, not a punt specialist.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...