I want a brand new Jets Jersey

2 hours ago, slats said:

Sure they were. 

You're actually saying getting a Coles jersey was a sure fire, can't miss, he's here for life ipuniform to buy in his first few seasons?  

You do realize the point of the thread is, at least to me, who do you invest big money on a jersey.  And when I said Coles early it made sense and I was right given he was gone after 3 years, right? 

Toon was a stretch but I was thinking along the lines of you need time if you're looking sure fire, he's here long term.  Usually takes more than 2 or 3 seasons

On 7/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Do not do this. Unless you are in your 40's and still drink Coors Light and wear at least a size 44 waist and spend your weekends listening to old Dire Straits albums. Then you're good to go because you've given up on life already anyways. Otherwise don't be that guy.

I do NOT listen to Dire Straits anymore! Well, sometimes, but only their greatest hits. 

On 7/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Do not do this. Unless you are in your 40's and still drink Coors Light and wear at least a size 44 waist and spend your weekends listening to old Dire Straits albums. Then you're good to go because you've given up on life already anyways. Otherwise don't be that guy.

haters know GIF

On 7/13/2019 at 11:03 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

I do NOT listen to Dire Straits anymore! Well, sometimes, but only their greatest hits. 

Heard Money For Nothing the other day on Sirius radio and they bleeped out a mildly offensive word. Weird. 

Having said that, Knoppfler is still a pretty good guitarist. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Heard Money For Nothing the other day on Sirius radio and they bleeped out a mildly offensive word. Weird. 

Having said that, Knoppfler is still a pretty good guitarist. 

It's funny that Dire Straits is known for the one song that is completely out of their usual style, and mostly just because of the crazy old video. 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's funny that Dire Straits is known for the one song that is completely out of their usual style, and mostly just because of the crazy old video. 

Funny my late father in law liked this country album he heard and I looked at the cover and it was Knopfler. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/11/2019 at 11:45 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think there's anyone on the team that's worth it right now. You want someone that you can either wear when they're long gone or something that's ironic and gets a laugh. i.e. Al Toon or Coles for the first category, or something like Brooks Bollinger or Curtis Conway for the second category. Otherwise it's not worth shelling out the $$$ for as jerseys aren't cheap. Looking at the roster right now IMO there's nobody that's a sure thing for either of those two rulesets.

I think you can get a Mosley Jersey now that he has actually played more than a half a game. I would say Q is a safe bet as this point as well. I saw someone wearing a Forte Jersey  at the last game. I thought that was pretty funny all things considered. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I think you can get a Mosley Jersey now that he has actually played more than a half a game. I would say Q is a safe bet as this point as well. I saw someone wearing a Forte Jersey  at the last game. I thought that was pretty funny all things considered. 

A little on the boring side for my taste. I wouldn’t mind getting an Adams jersey on clearance and then wearing it for the first time in like 2040. 

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A little on the boring side for my taste. I wouldn’t mind getting an Adams jersey on clearance and then wearing it for the first time in like 2040. 

Adams is a common last name. Stock up now at some point we'll have another Adams and one of them might even be good.

I have a box of Smith's that "dropped off a truck," also. Make an offer.

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2019 at 11:32 AM, jeTMAC said:

I'm thinking spot light White number 11 or 81!!! 

I know a guy who has a lightly-used #33 Adams jersey that he bought out of depraved spite (towards me) and will probably move it for 40% of retail value because of the great shame and humiliation it causes him to this very day. Note, however, that it comes imbued with the overwhelming aroma of knockoff Drakkar Noir. 

Contact @Gastineau Lives for details. Also, don’t give him your home address. Use a PO Box, preferably a town over from where you actually live.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know a guy who has a lightly-used #33 Adams jersey that he bought out of depraved spite (towards me) and will probably move it for 40% of retail value because of the great shame and humiliation it causes him to this very day. Note, however, that it comes imbued with the overwhelming aroma of knockoff Drakkar Noir. 

Contact @Gastineau Lives for details. Also, don’t give him your home address. Use a PO Box, preferably a town over from where you actually live.

The only inaccurate thing in this post is the knockoff Drakkar Noir. Only the real stuff for Bensonhurst kids.

In related news, I also have a pair of 29 waist Z Cavaricci's available. 

On 7/11/2019 at 11:45 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think there's anyone on the team that's worth it right now. You want someone that you can either wear when they're long gone or something that's ironic and gets a laugh. i.e. Al Toon or Coles for the first category, or something like Brooks Bollinger or Curtis Conway for the second category. Otherwise it's not worth shelling out the $$$ for as jerseys aren't cheap. Looking at the roster right now IMO there's nobody that's a sure thing for either of those two rulesets.

@joewilly12 disagrees.

image.png.12cb67e41fcdbb590fc003eed381738f.png

On 7/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, Jet Nut said:

Toon and Coles weren't worth getting in their first couple of seasons either.  There's a certain amount of guesswork in picking a jersey.  Would feel safe for awhile with Darnold, Enunwa, QW, Herndon and Adams.  There's enough to colder from.  Otherwise you'll never get one

Toon was first team all pro his 2nd season. 

• Upvote 1

Very simple.  Wesley Walker #85 baby.  Then next game you go to head over to the entrance of sections 131 and 133 look to the left my man will be partying his ass off in the suite with all the crab legs.  If your wearing his jersey you will get it autographed and he will want a picture with you also not just for you but for him also.  He genuinely loves the fan base and really loves when he sees someone rocking his sweater.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1