I want a brand new Jets Jersey

Just now, munchmemory said:

If that were true?  I don't think I'd ever stop laughing.   My life would be complete.  lol

When you buy a Jets item there should be a pop up.

WARNING!

If this is your first Jets purchase no one will criticize you too hard for picking a new team. But once they see you in a Jets jersey, well then you're branded forever.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

When you buy a Jets item there should be a pop up.

WARNING!

If this is your first Jets purchase no one will criticize you too hard for picking a new team. But once they see you in a Jets jersey, well then you're branded forever.

I want to say "The Scarlet J".  But it should really be the "Kelly Green J", no?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, D Powell said:

I am Darnell Powell a member of the 1978 1979 new York jets professionnel football team. I am trying to purchase the jets 80tys jersey with D Powell ( my name) on the back

Have you tried reaching out to the team? Cool to see you here.

18 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Can't believe a former Jets player posted on this board looking for some help and it's been unacknowledged / washed away in a sea of tiresome troll crap.

I can't believe you thought virtue signaling on the Jets messageboard was a productive thing to do.

17 hours ago, D Powell said:

I am Darnell Powell a member of the 1978 1979 new York jets professionnel football team. I am trying to purchase the jets 80tys jersey with D Powell ( my name) on the back

Hi Darnell. Welcome to the board! As a former player can you reach out to the Jets themselves and see if they can hook you up?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Whatever that means.  Don't you have a fart joke to make?

Wow your ego got bruised from a little reparte. I'm actually sorry, didn't realize what I was dealing with. I was wrong, you are right. We love messageboard scolds like you. You have meaning. Please don't give up on life. It will get better. You are loved :) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

@Darnell I am the moral compass of this board, so please accept my apologies on behalf of JGB, who I swear is actually a cool guy.  Thanks!

I already responded to him with good advice while you were protecting your ego from... something, apparently.

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

The advice I gave two hours ago?  How dare you insult me.

I usually scroll past your messages. Now I remind myself why.

I'll give you the last word (as if you could resist, anyway).

Good afternoon. Hang in there. :)

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Toon was first team all pro his 2nd season. 

Thats wasnt the point I was trying to make, Coles was the other one I named and as good as both were Coles was gone in three seasons.  The same could have happened with Toon, who knows, players get traded.  The real point was in my last line, you never know so if you want one, just go get it and stop worrying about who will be traded or bust

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Very simple.  Wesley Walker #85 baby.  Then next game you go to head over to the entrance of sections 131 and 133 look to the left my man will be partying his ass off in the suite with all the crab legs.  If your wearing his jersey you will get it autographed and he will want a picture with you also not just for you but for him also.  He genuinely loves the fan base and really loves when he sees someone rocking his sweater.

This was from October 2006.  He stopped by our tailgate (16B in the old place).  One of my all-time favorite Jets.  He may have has one too many here, but he was absolutely great with the fans.

WesleyWalker4.jpg?width=1920&height=1080

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Very simple.  Wesley Walker #85 baby.  Then next game you go to head over to the entrance of sections 131 and 133 look to the left my man will be partying his ass off in the suite with all the crab legs.  If your wearing his jersey you will get it autographed and he will want a picture with you also not just for you but for him also.  He genuinely loves the fan base and really loves when he sees someone rocking his sweater.

Never a better Jet player.  Can still see him streaking down the sideline catching a 60+ yard TD.  Fast as any player ever.   We still love you, Wesley.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

This was from October 2006.  He stopped by our tailgate (16B in the old place).  One of my all-time favorite Jets.  He may have has one too many here, but he was absolutely great with the fans.

WesleyWalker4.jpg?width=1920&height=1080

This from week 1 this year.  After I got my phone back he grabbed me and said hang on we need another and yelled to his wife to get one for himself awesome dude.

42331950-0E51-4B77-9920-246EE4C0D341.jpeg

• Sympathy 2

34 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This from week 1 this year.  After I got my phone back he grabbed me and said hang on we need another and yelled to his wife to get one for himself awesome dude.

42331950-0E51-4B77-9920-246EE4C0D341.jpeg

wife?

He was quite the playboy when he was a Jet you know.  There are some stories out there that are pretty interesting.