What professional sport would you play and what position?

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Wasn't expecting that answer, awesome. When we were kids we used to ride our bikes in town along the power lines. That was 35 years ago, not gonna happen these days, lol.

Hell yeah I raced dirt track for 4 years till I was almost killed on the track. Lol

Would love to do rally racing someday like the man Colin McRae.  

We have a good rally circuit going up in northern Maine.  Winter would be a blast!

I had the same dream from 6 years old through 4 years of college ball. Centerfield, just like the young Mickey Mantle.

I got to play the position until I was 21 years old, at a pretty decent level defensively. My college coach compared me to Paul Blair, who could really go after it back in the day.

Unfortunately I couldn’t hit like Paul, much less the Mick.

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

Golfer 

work 16 to 20 weeks a year , fly on private jets,  have basically October to January off and spend my time walking gorgeous county clubs following the best weather around the world and make millions and millions and retire young and healthy 

it’s the best lifestyle and it’s not even close 

Not to mention the high grade of women that are in the gallery looking for their meal ticket out of small town limbo. (Which is about the nicest way I can put what it is they’re trying to do, lol)

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If I lost a bunch of weight, I'd have the build and hand/eye coordination to be a decent slot receiver.  Someone once called me a "slow Ed McCaffrey" during a pickup two-hand touch football game.  It was one of the best compliments I've ever received. 

I was once compared to Jeff Hornacek on the basketball courts and I was flattered. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I was once compared to Jeff Hornacek on the basketball courts and I was flattered.  

I've never gotten an NBA comparison, sadly, but I was a decent shooting guard in my prime. 

I also went 1-1 from the field (3 pointer) in my 6th grade Rec League title game to help us win the title.  Between that and my dominant season on the mound (the last year the mound was 45 feet) that was a great year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Pro surfer - no questions asked.  Travel the world to tropical paradises, surf the best waves in the world with nobody else in the water and date all the surfer model chicks.  No close second for me.  I'd be Kelly Slater.  Greatest competitive athlete in the history of sports and has literally dated all the hottest women in the world, millionaire, inventor, embassador.  Other than hating his degenerate family, there isnt too much to knock Kelly on. 

Honorable mention;

Pro golfer - Arnold Palmer. 

I had you pegged as Kelley Slater 

• Upvote 1

I fully expected, at age 18, to play professional baseball as a Relief Pitcher.  I was 6'5", 270 coming out of high school with a 96 mph fastball and a pretty wicked curve even with my crappy mechanics. I had potential.

Life didn't work out that way, but if I could play any sport professionally, it would be MLB and as a pitcher.  David Cone was my sports idol growing up.  As much as a love to watch football, I loved, deeply, playing baseball.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I grew up thinking I’d be a professional hitman but that dried up when my mother, on her deathbed, made my uncle promise to never bring her children into his business. 

And instead you starred in Full Metal Jacket.  Crazy how paths can change. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I grew up thinking I’d be a professional hitman but that dried up when my mother, on her deathbed, made my uncle promise to never bring her children into his business. 

Interesting, part of the reason we moved to Florida is so that my Grandpa wouldnt get his grandkids into the family business.

http://mafiahistory.us/a024/f_bonomo.html

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Not to mention the high grade of women that are in the gallery looking for their meal ticket out of small town limbo. (Which is about the nicest way I can put what it is they’re trying to do, lol)

Those aren't called "high grade" women where I'm from.

• Upvote 1