What professional sport would you play and what position?

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Golfer 

work 16 to 20 weeks a year , fly on private jets,  have basically October to January off and spend my time walking gorgeous county clubs following the best weather around the world and make millions and millions and retire young and healthy 

it’s the best lifestyle and it’s not even close 

Lol, that in way remotely resembles what a professional golfer does week to week. Not that it is as demanding as other sports either, but pro golfers put in regular 12" hour days almost year round. Your statement was more true in the 70s, not now.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Interesting, part of the reason we moved to Florida is so that my Grandpa wouldnt get his grandkids into the family business.

http://mafiahistory.us/a024/f_bonomo.html

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Oy. We could have been working for the same employers! 

Lol I dated the daughter of the acting head of the Genovese crime family about 15 years ago. 

Everyone thought I was crazy as if they’d kill me if I dumped her. 

She was DIVORCED and that dude was still alive.

I remember when she told me she had to go visit her dad “up state” and when I asked whether I should go with her she said only family was allowed. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Yeah, guy was great.  Sucks he played for the Bruins.  

It’s why I became an NHL/hockey fan and why I started playing. Loved those Bruins. 

Funny thing is I ended up playing goalie and I LOVED Eddie G but hated the Rangers. 

I remember my Mom crying when Eddie cried during the National Anthem at MSG when he was with the Red Wings. 

But yeah, those Bruins were great, Espo, Hodge, Bucyk, Sanderson, Cashman, McKenzie, Westfall. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s why I became an NHL/hockey fan and why I started playing. Loved those Bruins. 

Funny thing is I ended up playing goalie and I LOVED Eddie G but hated the Rangers. 

I remember my Mom crying when Eddie cried during the National Anthem at MSG when he was with the Red Wings. 

But yeah, those Bruins were great, Espo, Hodge, Bucyk, Sanderson, Cashman, McKenzie, Westfall. 

Giacomin, Park, Moose Dupont, Tkaczuk, Stemkowski, Sather, Ratelle, Gilbert, Hatfield 

Much rather do this roster though.

Richter, Zubov, Larmer, Leetch, Graves, Beukeboom, Mactavish, Lowe, Wells,and of course Messier :)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Giacomin, Park, Moose Dupont, Tkaczuk, Stemkowski, Sather, Ratelle, Gilbert, Hatfield 

Much rather do this roster though.

Richter, Zubov, Larmer, Leetch, Graves, Beukeboom, Mactavish, Lowe, Wells,and of course Messier :)

Sorry, that Bruin team was legendary, two of the greatest players of all time. 

I lived a few miles from Skateland as a kid and used to go see Ranger practices all the time. 

Saw Jim Neilson, the “Chief”, from between the circles blast Eddie between the eyes with a slap shot. Practice cancelled right then. 

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Golfer 

work 16 to 20 weeks a year , fly on private jets,  have basically October to January off and spend my time walking gorgeous county clubs following the best weather around the world and make millions and millions and retire young and healthy 

My mother would always say to me Golf and Tennis, golf and tennis.

9 hours ago, Larz said:

Golfer 

That’s the thread, folks.

9 hours ago, Larz said:

Golfer 

9 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

But after reading @Larz post I like that one a lot.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

That’s the thread, folks.

Yeah but no tea with Miss McGill.

Golf, if I was at least a top 50-75 player.

-you can pick and choose your schedule

-corporations are fighting to give you stuff

-can live anywhere you want year round (huge)

-can earn paychecks playing well into your late 60's if you take care of yourself (Senior Tour)

-practice is more golf!

• Upvote 3