Herndon suspended 4 games

Is Neal Sterling still avaialble (and healthy)?  Might make sense to bring him in for the first month -- I don't think he is vested vertran, so salary would not have to be guaranteed for the full season.

Edit - Never mind.  Signed with KC in June.  Next time, google first, then post.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Is Neal Sterling still avaialble (and healthy)?  Might make sense to bring him in for the first month -- I don't think he is vested vertran, so salary would not have to be guaranteed for the full season.

Edit - Never mind.  Signed wiwth KC in June.

^^This was my first thought.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let the Trevon Wesco era begin!

^^Followed by my second thought.

Also, I guess this is why that bum Tomlinson is still on the squad.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets will probably sign a veteran TE after training camp. 

Probably but with the CBA, wouldn't they have to pay a veterans full years salary if he is on the opening day roster even if he is waived once Herndon returns ?  Would sure seem like a lotta money that could be spent better elsewhere (like CB depth of a veteran C If Harrison doesn't pan out or injury to another position ).  but the kid effed up.  Lucky no one was killed  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, jbt said:

A first-time offender of the league’s alcohol policy usually gets two games, but there were aggravating circumstances involved in Herndon’s case. Thus, four games

the fact his failed sobriety test was leaked by TMZ and is on Youtube right now probably doesn't help matters

the league basically doesn't care what happens as long as there's no video proof

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Meanwhile the NFL is doing everything they can to brush the Hill situation under the rug to protect the Mahomes show. Not saying that Herndon should not have got suspended but NFL discipline is incredibly arbitrary and biased. The owners need to cede a significant amount of Goodells power, and come up with clearly defined penalties for infractions.

• WTF? 2

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

Seems harsh but he is lucky to be alive and so is everyone involved.  Wasnt he doing a 100 when the cars collided?  He was 2x over the legal limit?

it was a nasty accident. He was on the freeway, the other car slid 700 feet after impact (!) and yes he blew a point one four (0.14) which is double or real close to it 

• Upvote 2