Herndon suspended 4 games

55 minutes ago, genot said:

I"m probably going to get slammed by some for this. Our temporary GM should have never released Leggett. Too early too send a message, which what Gase was probably trying to do.

why would anyone slam you? A lot of us felt that way. There was no apparent reason for Gase to cut him when he did, nor make any of the other moves he did during that interim period. Didn’t he cut or sign someone the day after Macc was fired?

As for the people who are hoping Herndon learns his lesson after this suspension, lol.

If he didn’t learn it after he sobered up and realized what he’d done, or after the counseling I’m sure his lawyers or the court had him attend, missing a month of football isn’t going to do it.

I don’t know if his case has been adjudicated yet, but he might still have more pressing things, like jail time or civil suits, on his mind if it hasn’t.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

If there is one thing that a 4.89 40 and 28 for 373 and 2 TD in 3 years of college scream it is best overall TE in the NFL, AND dynamic offensive player. 

Ugh, did you not hear?  That video makes him look like Gronk

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Suspension why would anyone slam you? A lot of us felt that way. There was no apparent reason for Gase to cut him when he did, nor make any of the other moves he did during that interim period. Didn’t he cut or sign someone the day after Macc was fired?

As for the people who are hoping Herndon learns his lesson after this suspension, lol.

If he didn’t learn it after he sobered up and realized what he’d done, or after the counseling I’m sure his lawyers or the court had him attend, missing a month of football isn’t going to do it.

I don’t know if his case has been adjudicated yet, but he might still have more pressing things, like jail time or civil suits, on his mind if it hasn’t.

images.jpg.465dbcb423056dae9265d05539607807.jpg791969096_OscarMadison.jpg.f2ba7094652b3d39aec9567817c65ffd.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If he were driving a 2019 BMW X5 instead of a 2018 Nissan Armada he'd have only gotten 2 games.  No one should be driving a Nissan to begin with, let alone at 100 mph.

SAR I

A Nissan at 60 is risky enough.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If he were driving a 2019 BMW X5 instead of a 2018 Nissan Armada he'd have only gotten 2 games.  No one should be driving a Nissan to begin with, let alone at 100 mph.

SAR I

What’s the difference between a BMW and a porcupine 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

He pled guilty to DWI on January 9th. 90 day suspension and $639 fine.  No mention of an injury. Looks like the injury allegation emerged after the plea and is probably the impetus for a lawsuit.  The NFL investigation is apparently using the allegations of injury against him. I call bullspit. He should appeal.  The penal consequences were minimal, so there is no reason for the NFL consequences to be severe.  

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-te-chris-herndon-pleads-guilty-to-dwi-faces-further-discipline-from-nfl/302532888/

Jets TE Chris Herndon pleads guilty to DWI, faces further discipline from NFL

Herndon crashed his SUV into another SUV driven by a 76-year-old man

Jan 9 | 4:19PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
New York Jets tight end Chris Herndon during New York Jets rookie mini camp at Atlantic Health Training Center. (Noah K. Murray/USA TODAY Sports) New York Jets tight end Chris Herndon during New York Jets rookie mini camp at Atlantic Health Training Center. (Noah K. Murray/USA TODAY Sports)

Jets tight end Chris Herndon pleaded guilty in court on Wednesday to driving while intoxicated in Rockaway Township, NJ, per multiple reports. 

He received a 90-day driver's license suspension and was fined $639 in Rockaway Township Municipal Court, according to a court official. 

Herndon's plea stems from a June arrest when he crashed into a 76-year-old man's SUV at 4:45 a.m on Interstate 80 westbound.  

The 22-year-old, fourth-round draft pick had a blood-alcohol level of 0.15 -- almost twice the legal limit of 0.08. 

Neither Herndon or the driver of the other car, Albert Elliott of Manalapan, NJ, were seriously hurt in the crash. 

The Jets tight end also likely faces discipline from the NFL. 

Per ESPN's Rich Cimini, a first-time offender would likely be given a two-game suspension, per league alcohol policy, and the commissioner can impose additional discipline for aggravating circumstances. 

According to the police report, Herndon's SUV flipped upon striking Elliott's SUV, and slid about 700 feet and one of Herndon's wheels was stuck in the side of Elliott's vehicle. 

A witness claimed Herndon was travelling in excess of 100 mph but Herndon told police he was driving 58 mph. 

Herndon played in all 16 games his rookie season, finishing with 39 catches, 502 yards and four touchdowns. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

If he indeed was going 100 and was twice the legal limit then he is a jackass and lucky he didn't kill somebody or himself. So what if he gets 4 games.  

I get he’s on our team but with that bac and going 100 mph he should be in jail. 

With uber nowadays there is no excuse to drive drunk.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

meh, Herndon should be cut, dude looked average on the worst TE group in the NFL - good move to cut Leggett and Wesco was another wasted pick - at least Mac was fired! 

my best @T0mShane #T0mShane impression - what cha think?

I give the impression a C-. I mean, you didn't even mention Jamal Adams once.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I've owned a 3 series, a 35th anniversary 350Z and I dive a Q60 3.0t.

While the beamer was the best, it did not drive worth the money better.

The Q60 has almost no feedback, it drives like a video game and the Z is a true sports car.

I have driven a 7 series, nice ride but I'd take the GTR Mick posted over it in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I prefer some good old AMERICAN iron. 

Image result for 1971 nova black

I had a 75 dodge dart sport (red) that had a similar look to the above.  I had to get rid of it dirt cheap because I could not take care of it and i was moving just after college.  I now cry a little each night wishing I had that car now that I could afford to look after it and have the time to do so.