Herndon suspended 4 games

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I won't slam you for a differing opinion, but I don't like Leggett.  He was lazy, never seemed like a YAC guy and dumping him doesn't move the needle one way or the other.  I'm pretty sure they like the Da Vinci Code guy way better.  IMO they roll with Wesco and Brown and then Herndon takes over when he is back.  Everybody here will hate it, but this probably saves Tomlinson's job for another few weeks. 

Tomlinson is not a Herndon replacement. They're both labelled TEs, but Herdon is an offensive weapon and Tomlinson is an extra, crappy tackle. Pretty sure that if Tomlinson is on the opening day roster that his $750K this year becomes fully guaranteed, too. Not a back breaker, but is that what they want to do if Wesco moves ahead of him on the depth chart this summer? 

I think they'd spend four weeks basically without a pass catching TE. Run more four-WR sets, maybe get Montgomery involved. Probably also scour the waiver wire for a potential receiving TE, but then they're in the same guaranteed salary boat as they'd be with Tomlinson. 

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I prefer some good old AMERICAN iron. 

Image result for 1971 nova black

I had one of these when I was 18-years-old. Mine was orange with white stripes and a license plate that said, (no lie!) PARTYCAR. Me, my Roger Daultry perm, and my little round rainbow-mirrored sunglasses had a lot of conversations with the police for a couple years there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

If he indeed was going 100 and was twice the legal limit then he is a jackass and lucky he didn't kill somebody or himself. So what if he gets 4 games.  

+1

If this idiot hit someone I knew and almost killed them I'd want him put in jail for a year and wouldn't be looking for loopholes to get him back on the field to play a kids game.

12 hours of drivers ed, license suspended for 90 days, and a $639 fine is not enough punishment from the legal system for someone who was 2x over the alcohol limit driving 50 mph over the speed limit who took out another car as well as flipping his own.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Do you honestly think he’s going to learn more from a 4 v 2 game suspension?

As if he’s sitting there at 2 games saying “hahahaaaa jobbed the system, I can drink and drive all I want” but at 4 games “shucks, I’ll never do that again”.

He’s either going to learn from 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 games or he’s not. 

The number doesn’t matter. 

Honesty, what I think will matter is 1. The first game. Not being there opening weekend with his teammates. 

THAT’S what’s going to make it real. 

Robby Anderson will take him under his wing . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, slats said:

I had one of these when I was 18-years-old. Mine was orange with white stripes and a license plate that said, (no lie!) PARTYCAR. Me, my Roger Daultry perm, and my little round rainbow-mirrored sunglasses had a lot of conversations with the police for a couple years there. 

I had a 1971 Nova majestic blue 350/350 HP same perm LOL and same conversation with the law.

Wish I had that car today. 

5 hours ago, Jetworks said:

Tweet should read "Chris Herndon received four games, not two, because a woman at the scene later claimed bodily harm due to the crash after she was informed Herndon was a professional football player."

EDIT- @MichaelScott beat me to it

It's so painfully obvious that is exactly what happened. In my mind there isn't even the possibility of another scenario. He doesn't have a recognizable name to anyone outside of a Jets fan. Crash happened, no injury. Next day, her accident is in the newspaper and boom - Injury, pain and suffering, civil suit. His people will tell his lawyer to make it go away. She probably walks away with 100k without so much as an xray lol. If Herndon blows up this year forget it, he's buying her a house. 

I have the worst luck in the world. Only people that ever hit me are uninsured illegal immigrants. (That's not a racist or political statement. Only person that ever hit me was really an uninsured illegal immigrant lol)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jetworks said:

Tweet should read "Chris Herndon received four games, not two, because a woman at the scene later claimed bodily harm due to the crash after she was informed Herndon was a professional football player."

EDIT- @MichaelScott beat me to it

Oh wait the driver is a pro football player? Oh my neck and my back

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, slats said:

Tomlinson is not a Herndon replacement. They're both labelled TEs, but Herdon is an offensive weapon and Tomlinson is an extra, crappy tackle. Pretty sure that if Tomlinson is on the opening day roster that his $750K this year becomes fully guaranteed, too. Not a back breaker, but is that what they want to do if Wesco moves ahead of him on the depth chart this summer? 

I think they'd spend four weeks basically without a pass catching TE. Run more four-WR sets, maybe get Montgomery involved. Probably also scour the waiver wire for a potential receiving TE, but then they're in the same guaranteed salary boat as they'd be with Tomlinson. 

Tomlinson stinks

23 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Richie Incognito got 2..

He threatened to cut the head off of his dead father; and threatened to shoot the funeral home workers who would not allow him access to the body.  I guess those are not "aggravating circumstances." 

I am not arguing that Herndon should get less than 4 games, but the NFL should be consistent with the punishment it hands out.  It all just seems so random.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Lith said:

He threatened to cut the head off of his dead father; and threatened to shoot the funeral home workers who would not allow him access to the body.  I guess those are not "aggravating circumstances." 

I am not arguing that Herndon should get less than 4 games, but the NFL should be consistent with the punishment it hands out.  It all just seems so random.

It’s all bs.  Ray Rice punched his girlfriend and initially got half the suspension Herndon now has

The Johnsons are retarded clowns that everyone hates.  The other owners hate them.  Why? They say and do stupid sh t

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Big difference threatening someone, and driving a vehicle ( weapon) drunk . ( doesn't the NFL have a car service that will pick you up if you had too much to drink- makes him even bigger dope).  Lucky he didn't kill someone , as the woman did substain injuries from the accident. ( probably going to effect her the rest of her life). 

Both players received a fair suspension from the league .  They did the crime, and now they have to do the time.( lose some pay checks).  Hopefully both players learn a valuable lesson- doubt it , as they are both knuckleheads.

Just wanted to post the Herndon will Appeal, so maybe reduce a game or 2 or the suspension, which would be good:

Jets' Chris Herndon: Appealing four-game suspension

Rotowire  2D AGO

Herndon will appeal his four-game suspension, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

Reports earlier this summer suggested the tight end likely would face a two-game suspension after pleading guilty to a DWI charge from last summer. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the league decided on four games instead of two because a woman at the scene of the car accident claimed bodily harm caused by the crash. Herndon presumably hopes to have the length of his suspension reduced to two or three games.

20 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Big difference threatening someone, and driving a vehicle ( weapon) drunk . ( doesn't the NFL have a car service that will pick you up if you had too much to drink- makes him even bigger dope).  Lucky he didn't kill someone , as the woman did substain injuries from the accident. ( probably going to effect her the rest of her life). 

Both players received a fair suspension from the league .  They did the crime, and now they have to do the time.( lose some pay checks).  Hopefully both players learn a valuable lesson- doubt it , as they are both knuckleheads.

One guy's a kid who absolutely screwed up by drinking and driving, the other's a grown man and well known psychopath who threatened the dead and the living in a completely (for him) predictable way. Herndon getting twice what Incognito got is a joke. Incognito's history plus this transgression should've resulted in something like eight games. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

One guy's a kid who absolutely screwed up by drinking and driving, the other's a grown man and well known psychopath who threatened the dead and the living in a completely (for him) predictable way. Herndon getting twice what Incognito got is a joke. Incognito's history plus this transgression should've resulted in something like eight games. 

Does the NFL offer its players  a free car service .  ( doesn't cost them a dime) So no NFL player should ever get behind the wheel drunk.     That stupidity alone should get you four games.

Second the Raiders are on hard knocks this year.  If Incognito received anymore than  two games suspension  , no way the Raiders sign him.   Do you know the potential ratings nightmare for HBO if they couldn't put two powder kegs ( Incognito , and Burfict) on the opposite side of the ball.

Mister bighead aka Antonio Brown without a doubt is the NFL hardest worker  ever- makes Jerry Rice look like a slacker.  Who really wants to see that.  People want physcopaths as it becomes must watch tv. 

Btw Jet fans will be watching hard knocks this year for a different reason.    Seeing who the Jets can claim when the Raiders make their cuts. ( if the Cardinals or 49ers don't beat the Jets to the punch.

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Does the NFL offer its players  a free car service .  ( doesn't cost them a dime) So no NFL player should ever get behind the wheel drunk.     That stupidity alone should get you four games.

Second the Raiders are on hard knocks this year.  If Incognito received anymore than  two games suspension  , no way the Raiders sign him.   Do you know the potential ratings nightmare for HBO if they couldn't put two powder kegs ( Incognito , and Burfict) on the opposite side of the ball.

First time alcohol suspensions are generally two games. 

When a player is suspended, they're available for the preseason/Hard Knocks, and serve their suspensions when the regular season starts. 

On 7/13/2019 at 2:28 PM, MichaelScott said:

She probably walks away with 100k without so much as an xray lol. If Herndon blows up this year forget it, he's buying her a house. 

Money really isn't everything. 

For example

If I said to you today, "OK buddy, I have an opportunity for you, best of your life. All you have to do is get in a car, and get on the NJ turnpike.

That's it. Just let someone else drive. I'll take care of the rest. 

At some point, your car will be hit, FROM BEHIND, by an almost double legally drunk 22 year old NFL player in a Nissan Armada going 100+ mph.

the driver of your vehicle will be a 76 year old man.

your vehicle will flip and slide 700 feet after impact and the tire from his SUV will be lodged in your side/rear panel of whatever sh-tbucket the old man drives 

Herndon walks away fine, minus a failed sobriety test and 4 game checks lost.  There's probably a lawsuit too... maybe...  

THESE ARE ALL THE FACTS YOU KNOW AHEAD OF TIME

you dont' know your physical condition etc. 

Would you take that deal? 

Let's be honest whoever is involved with the accident with Herndon a good chance F--Ked medically.  All those above facts were in the police report

this doesn't sound frivolous. 

Also he's Chris Herndon not Walmart

On 7/12/2019 at 10:13 PM, joewilly12 said:

I prefer some good old AMERICAN iron. 

Image result for 1971 nova black

On 7/13/2019 at 12:27 AM, Beerfish said:

I had a 75 dodge dart sport (red) that had a similar look to the above.  I had to get rid of it dirt cheap because I could not take care of it and i was moving just after college.  I now cry a little each night wishing I had that car now that I could afford to look after it and have the time to do so.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, slats said:

I had a 1969 Camaro (350) that I bought back while on summer break in 1979.  What a great car.  Sold it to my sister when I went back to college and her boyfriend/future husband repainted it fire engine red and put Cragar wheels on it.  

Still miss that car.  

Back to Herndon--this really bums me out because I think, after Sam, he's going to become one of my favorite players and I was really looking forward to having him out there from the very start of the season.

I get the impression that most of these suspensions get knocked down so fingers crossed on this one.  

Two games thank you.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Back to Herndon--this really bums me out because I think, after Sam, he's going to become one of my favorite players and I was really looking forward to having him out there from the very start of the season.

I get the impression that most of these suspensions get knocked down so fingers crossed on this one.  

Two games thank you.

I am hoping the same with an appeal to knock it down to 2. I am sure the arrest video that is now viral of Herndon blowing a .14 isn't going to help his case with the NFL, I am expecting him to get the full 4 ?

Interesting to see if Douglas brings anyone new into camp to compete for the starting job or is Gase going to use Enunwa in that role. 

Wesco/Montgomery/Enunwa can all be used as "gadgets' players in this offense.

Lining up Bell at rb on one side, with Ty in the Hback spot and Q filling in as tight end, Gase can now get creative against potential linebacker match ups when Robby and Crowder get some extra attention. 

15 hours ago, slats said:

First time alcohol suspensions are generally two games. 

When a player is suspended, they're available for the preseason/Hard Knocks, and serve their suspensions when the regular season starts. 

Honestly if one of your family members were involved in an accident with a young drunk driver would you dismiss his actions.   No big deal let him off.  

This could have ended badly for everyone, and him getting four games hopefully is a wake up call for the young man.( not the end of the world) 

Again if R Incognito received a suspension for more than two games, the Raiders never sign him.   Great offense lines need chemistry and cohesiveness - tough to build missing a quarter of the season.   They aren't signing him for hard knocks.   That's HBO worries.   

10 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Honestly if one of your family members were involved in an accident with a young drunk driver would you dismiss his actions.   No big deal let him off.  

This could have ended badly for everyone, and him getting four games hopefully is a wake up call for the young man.( not the end of the world) 

Again if R Incognito received a suspension for more than two games, the Raiders never sign him.   Great offense lines need chemistry and cohesiveness - tough to build missing a quarter of the season.   They aren't signing him for hard knocks.   That's HBO worries.   

Matthew Broderick ran me over with his car once do not lecture me

• Haha 1