Sign in to follow this  
Losmeister

NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

wow. sign John Davidson as Prez

latest?cb=20110114173308

(loved that!)

and then...

bam bam bam...    making moves...      should be watchable

concerned that Henrik is past it and we have no slution there, but we'll see...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, Losmeister said:

wow. sign John Davidson as Prez

latest?cb=20110114173308

(loved that!)

and then...

bam bam bam...    making moves...      should be watchable

concerned that Henrik is past it and we have no slution there, but we'll see...

I love that Hank wants to play his entire career with the Rangers, but I would’ve traded him before the start of last season. Now? Meh. What do you think we’d get? Would it really be worth doing at this point?

On 7/12/2019 at 2:25 PM, 14 in Green said:

I love that Hank wants to play his entire career with the Rangers, but I would’ve traded him before the start of last season. Now? Meh. What do you think we’d get? Would it really be worth doing at this point?

I'd love to see him retire as a Ranger but let's see how this year goes.  If the rebuild is accelerated and the Rangers really look like they can compete for the playoffs then we keep him.  If our optimism about the Draft and all these signings isn't rewarded and it seems like it will take a couple years for this to come together then I'd simply approach Hank and say, "We'd love to keep you here but there are some playoff teams knocking on our door asking if we'd trade you to help them contend.  Again, we don't want to see you go but if you want to go compete for a Stanley Cup this year with a Western Conference team then we'll help you do that."

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/kakko-vaults-rangers-to-top-nhl-prospect-pool/

FOREVER BLUESHIRTS

A New York Rangers Blog

Kakko vaults Rangers to top NHL prospect pool

Posted by Anthony Scultore

Kakko (@NathanGraviteh)

Not so long ago, at an ice rink in a galaxy far far away the Rangers were considered one of the worst prospect pools in the league.

Today, NHL Network has ranked the New York Rangers to the top of the league’s ranked prospect pools. The Rangers have 5 of the top 51 ranked prospects in the league and the future looks bright.

NHL Network on NYR Prospects

Kaapo Kakko and K’Andre Miller were cited in the video above, but with Vitali Kravtsov, Adam Fox, and Igor Shesterkin the Rangers will be a force for years to come.

Chris Drury talks about Kakko and other prized prospects

Drury noted that we should all temper expectations for the 18 year old phenom coming over from Europe into the NHL. Kakko will make an impact but it will still be a process.

In the interview above, Drury had some beaming remarks on Vitali Kravtsov. Citing specifically how highly skilled he is and that while Kakko is getting a lot of the attention he will be one to watch.

Myself and @section314 go way back with this team.

Im talking Harry Howell, Orland “the Policeman” Kurtenbach and Jim “the Chief” Neilson back, lol.

I am a “now I can die in peace” fan ever since we won the Cup in’94. All I ever wanted was to see it once in my lifetime, and never have to hear that damn 1940 chant from the assholes in Uniondale.

All this “the Rangers have the top prospect pool” talk is foreign to me...  But I’m down for another run at this. It’s starting to remind me of back when Brad Park and Walter Tzachuk came up together, or the Duguay, Greshner, ooh la la Sassoon era.

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2019 at 8:29 PM, 14 in Green said:

Myself and @section314 go way back with this team.

Im talking Harry Howell, Orland “the Policeman” Kurtenbach and Jim “the Chief” Neilson back, lol.

I am a “now I can die in peace” fan ever since we won the Cup in’94. All I ever wanted was to see it once in my lifetime, and never have to hear that damn 1940 chant from the assholes in Uniondale.

All this “the Rangers have the top prospect pool” talk is foreign to me...  But I’m down for another run at this. It’s starting to remind me of back when Brad Park and Walter Tzachuk came up together, or the Duguay, Greshner, ooh la la Sassoon era.

That run to the Cup finals in 1979 was still one of the greatest post seasons in New York history. The fact that they beat the Flyers and Islanders to get there was even sweeter. That  Ranger team was the last one to beat the Islanders in a playoff series for 5 years!  It still kills me that management broke up that team the next year by trading 5 guys to get Barry Beck.

• Upvote 2