Losmeister

NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

10 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Probably not, Fast would

have to agree to take less than he's worth.

If they can move Staal, he would have to waive his NMC

I’ll miss those 2 players but it needs to be done. Hoping Johnny D. can get good young talent. 

• Upvote 1

Rangers got fair value in return for Skjei.

Write up from the hockey News:

Given they extended Chris Kreider today for seven years at a $6.5-million AAV, and that pending RFA Tony DeAngelo is due a monster raise in the summer, the cap numbers weren’t going to add up for Rangers GM Jeff Gorton. It was thus understandable why he decided to sacrifice Skjei, who carries a $5.25-million cap hit for four more seasons after this one. Landing a first-round pick for him feels like a fair return. And the Rangers will eventually need to make space for a couple prime ‘D’ prospects in their pipeline, including K’Andre Miller and Nils Lundkvist.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Islanders tonight in their building.  Good test.  They upgraded at the deadline and they were probably ahead of us anyway but we seemed to have their number in the early head to head contests.

I wonder which defensemen will dress tonight

I'll be curious to see if there will be any call ups from the AHL to replace skjei? Might as well get some of the young talent up to experience the energy of a playoff push. Valuable experience to draw on for next year.

Kreider should be stoked having gotten his contract extended. His linemates (Mikah and Pavel) 

should also be energized!! Go Rangers!

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Buchnevich is playing after the accident?

Day to day 

10 hours ago, EM31 said:

Exactly.  The win was good but we gifted a point to a direct rival who is ahead of us in the race.

Still... Pretty impressive road winning streak continues.  On to Montreal!

You need to close it out and gain 2 pts. That being said.... nice win on the road. Icelanders fighting to get out of their losing streak. 40+ saves.... that's worrisome on the defensive end. Shakeup in the lines after trade deadline usually create uncertainty.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Nice

doctor flying knee GIF

• Haha 1

Missed the game but read the box score. That line with Strome and Panarin work so well together. Fox and Lindgren as well

18 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Fox and Lindgren are our top pair, both rookies.

Quinn had Panarin with Mika and Fast tonight after Panarin had 0 shots thru 2 and they clicked.

Thanks for that info. Quinn has this team playingn with confidence and pulling all the right strings when needed.... like last night.

• Upvote 1

Rangers are so much faster than Flyers. 
Georgie with some nice saves. The King looks like a beaten dog on the bench. So appreciate him as a leader. His name will be in the rafters not long from now. 

4 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Krieder is out with a fractured foot. 😞

That’s going to hurt the playoff push but we have the weapons 

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Flyers have the Rangers number. Good thing is Carolina and Columbus both lost.

Hayes is becoming a Ranger killer.

Have to bounce back on Sunday.

They’re a much more physical team than us. Our young players need to develop in the weight room and maybe we pick up some muscle in the off season through trade or FA

Carolina and Islanders lose. That’s big. 

23 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Definitely. They did show some life in the 3rd at least. 
Took my son to his first ranger game today. Actually his first professional sports  game and being a met jet ranger fan I feel it’s only fitting for him to learn the emotion of disappointment these teams will undoubtedly supply for the rest of his life. 

Complete the “Quartet of Suffering” and include the Knicks to make his life insufferable! 🤦‍♂️

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

For some weird reason I remember exactly where I was when I heard the trade on WFAN in my car and thinking that I liked it. I never could’ve imagined he’d be this good though. 

We also received a 2nd round pick in that deal who turned into Olof Lindbom. 

Know idea how he's doing but hopefully contributes to make that an even better trade!!

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We also received a 2nd round pick in that deal who turned into Olof Lindbom. 

Know idea how he's doing but hopefully contributes to make that an even better trade!!

Taking a look at the Rangers “controversial” pick, Olof Lindbom

sweden.jpg Olof Lindbom (Getty images)

Many fans were angered at the Rangers’ second round selection, Swedish goalie Olof Lindbom. And I must admit, I was too. There is simply no need for a goalie. Alexandar Georgiev, who spent ten games of his season in the NHL, along with top goalie prospect Igor Shestyorkin, the Rangers seem to be set at goalie. So why would they take a goalie when they have these two assets? Also worth noting, is that there were many highly ranked prospects still left on the board, such as Missisauga center Ryan McLeod, US U18 Team defenseman Bode Wilde, and Niagara IceDogs assistant captain Akil Thomas.

Well, we all should know that the Rangers and their coaching staff don’t like taking the best player available, but rather the one that they like the most, and/or best fits their needs. But that still doesn’t really explain why they took Lindbom. However, Rick Carpiniello has reported that NYR goalie coach Benoit Allaire was “thrilled” with the selection, which provides a little bit of relief regarding the fit of the second-round pick.

A source says that Rangers goalie whisperer Benoit Allaire was thrilled with the selection of goalie Olof Lindbom, FWIW. More on that in @TheAthleticNYC later.

The first upside of Lindbom is that he was ranked 53rd overall in TSN’s Bob McKenzie’s Final Draft Ranking. He was the second ranked goalie, behind Drummondville netminder Olivier Rodrigue, who was only ranked four spots higher at 49.

Lindbom is an underager, meaning he was still 17 years old at the time of the draft. He turns 18 on July 23rd. Lindbom has plenty of time to improve his game, especially because of our next reason.

Lindbom is almost a lock to play in the World Junior Championships. Last year, he played for the Swedes at the U18 WJCs, and was named the best goaltender in the tournament. He led Sweden to a bronze medal, and was also named to the tournament’s All-Star Team. Also last year, he was a part of the Ivan Hlinka Memorial squad, and earned another bronze medal with Team Sweden. And even before that, in 2016-17 he played in the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. Lindbom and his teammates made it to the top, winning the gold. Lindbom was also named to the All-Star Team at the WHC.

• Upvote 1

While the Rangers don’t have the depth to make a deep playoff run, it would be very helpful to our young players to gain experience this year in understanding the intensity of the playoffs. Puts us a year ahead of where everyone thought we would be this year. Hoping to squeeze into playoffs which should help us in attracting top tier FA in the future 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Kakko again!

Hoping that his breakout takes the pressure off and he can just skate and not think too much. The kid was set up beautifully on both goals!

JT Miller helping out with the OT goal vs. Icelanders to win it. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Keeping both players happy and both players playing well. Also increases Georgies value in a trade in the off season if Shesterkin is the MAN moving forward 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Strome buries one of those chances and we win. Really frustrated right now and I’m going to get like 5 hours of sleep. Damn you Rangers. 

Thanks for the play by play and allowing me 8 hours sleep 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I would have preferred to be in that final wild-card spot before the suspension. Afraid when they come back they’ll go right into the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, EM31 said:

This was such a fun story. One I didn't want to end when it did.

Brooklyn, Boozer, JustEnd, Anthony, Los and anyone else I have overlooked.  It was a pleasure riding along with all of you.

If the NHL is worried about the financial ramifications of the lockout, no better way than expand the playoffs to include another large market team like the Rangers and increase the amount of games to increase revenue!

GO RANGERS!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Thanks for keeping the updates coming. 
so depressed the Rangers surge to the playoffs is on hold. Add to this the NFL Draft being pushed back and I’m a quarantined, depressed, binge watching psycho. 
Usually don’t get into the swing of baseball til June. 

• Upvote 1

@BROOKLYN JET thanks for all the Ranger love!! 

Cant wait for them to get the green light. It will be a crazy playoff push for all teams. Hopefully our vet players can lead this young team forward. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/8/2020 at 7:00 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

1247995999836155906?s=19

Jagr was a Freak 0f Nature!

24 seasons.... That's Gordie Howe type career!

• Upvote 2

On 4/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

He would be #2 in scoring if he had not played those 3 years in the KHL.

I remember the first time seeing him with the penguins. You could tell he was going to be great. I was so pissed, they already had Lemieux and now they get this beast.

Then they luck into Crosby. An amazingly well run organization. 

• Upvote 1

Yes Mallon... salt in the wound!
Any word yet on if/when season will resume or playoffs start?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

NH?

This season gets weirder and weirder   Don’t know how it’s going to work. So division games spread out over the country? NH for Atlantic & Metropolitan, Montana for example = Central & Pacific?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I don’t think it’ll be spread out. The whole league will probably go to one location. 

Whatever area gets the games those hotels will be celebrating in the streets 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’d trade Lias for a bag of pucks. 

Agreed but if we have to include a #1 I’d have to take a deeper look at the type of talent available in the draft

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2020 at 7:01 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yup, Bettman talks like not finishing is not an option. Finally something I like about him.

Yeah this is hockey! Players who spit out teeth and dive to block 100 mph bullets. No COVID is going to stop them. The Cup needs to be awarded. 
Bruins will be tough especially with our youth and the long layoff

• Upvote 3

image.thumb.jpeg.a92c6135360d5fbe52c22772a7f5609c.jpeg

Bruins goalie Jim Henry shakes the hands of Maurice Richard in 1952.

Bloody NHL photo makes me miss playoffs that much more

May 16, 2020 | 3:35pm

Not that anyone asked me, but they never do. Thus, the one sport I most miss this time of year is ice hockey, specifically the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs.

I’ve never seen a player not hustle or play hard during the playoffs. Even throughout the rare blowout, the action is intense. As a TV show, in for a minute, in for the game.

And no player places himself above the team. He wouldn’t dare betray the code. No muscle-flexing, chest banging, any acts of check-me-out immodesty  

And at the end of every series, the ritual center-ice handshake lines form, a show of respect for the game and one another.

For my two cents, the best sports photo ever taken came during a handshake line, April 8, 1952, in the Montreal Forum. The photographer, according to the late John Halligan, the Rangers’ then NHL go-to answer man, 16 years ago concluded that it was shot by Jacques Lemercier or Roger St. Jean, both with the Montreal daily “La Presse.”

That was after Game 7 of the Bruins-Canadiens semifinals. Bruins goalie “Sugar” Jim Henry’s eyes had been blackened by a broken nose suffered in Game 6. Habs star Maurice “Rocket” Richard had been knocked out, cold, in the second period of Game 7, but returned to score the winner.

Yet in an exchange of hands and direct eye contact, Henry appears to have bowed from the waist in unabashed regard, while Richard, his head bandaged and dried blood dripped from his left eye, gives Henry a stare of equal regard. It’s beyond special.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

mood erection GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company