Losmeister

NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

On 1/7/2020 at 7:03 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Igor Shesterkin era begins tonight!

So how do they deal with 3 goalies? Are they going to trade Henrik?

6 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Can't unless he waives his no movement clause.

Ah

didn't realize that

Interesting problem. Maybe he'll agree to go to a Cup contender, he certainly deserves to raise it

36 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I don't think so, he already said he wanted to stay when the Rangers decided to rebuild in 2018. They'll probably trade Georgiev before the deadline this year.

That's a shame, he's only 23 but if Henrik stays for awhile I guess it makes sense. I'd rather see the 23 yr old stay. Youth is the future of this team but Georgiev could bring a nice player back. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Beating the devils will never get old.

Beating the Devils while one of your young players ties a team record for points in a game for a defenseman will never get old :)

• Like 1

Tough loss last night, caught in a line change with less than a minute left. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Upvote 1

So who else hates losing to the Islanders?

Would have been an Islander fan if they handled it right.

Back when they announced the team, hockey was growing exponentially on LI. Cantiaque, Morely, Bellmore rinks had several leagues, the MJHA (NHP Arrows, LI Flyers etc) was hot and now after years of following the EHL, real NHL hockey was coming to our backyard. No more bad seats at the Garden, no more late night hanging around Penn waiting for the LIRR. 15" drive and park ! Go Long Island !

Then they announce that the team was to be the NEW YORK "Islanders" so they can access the NYC market. WHAT!? Not the Long Island Ducks? or Cougars? or anything? This is supposed to Long Island's addition to the bigs and start of it's own identity. Made us all so mad, we stayed on 34th St. Well of course we could have seen many more cups but I'll still trade those all for "Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!" plus the dynasty that they are building NOW to comfort me in my old age.

Still hate losing to the Islanders though.  

• Upvote 1

Trading deadline coming up. Interesting what the Blueshirts will do. Goalie? Kreider? Fast?

They have a legitimate shot at the playoffs this year as the young fellas are really getting better and better but you don't do it without Kreider,  Then again maybe Kreider brings another future star that will make this team elite, not just good.

After ~ 167 combined Mets-Jets-Rangers seasons, I really want to see a dominant team like the late 80's Mets … so trade Kreider

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company