Losmeister

NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

17 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Really excited about this year.  The division overall got tougher I think.

I love what Hank has meant to this team but personally i thought he was done 2-3 years ago.  We have our own Eli Manning problem here in trying to figure out how to gracefully manage the end of an important player's career without impacting the future of franchise.

I know what your saying about Lundqvist but I think he still has one more playoff run left in the tank. Let’s get him that cup so he can retire. 

Panarin scores the first Rangers goal tonight but he’s not going to return after the groin injury. Hopefully just being super careful but if it is serious I hope there’s a return policy. 

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else notice Al Trautwig last night? He looked and sounded horrible. I hope everything things ok. 

If anybody knows what’s wrong lmk. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yes, I was horrified when I saw him. I'm praying for him, he looked terrible and sounded awful. He was shaking too, looked like the onset of Parkinson's disease. Kudos to MSG for letting him go on, but it does not look good. :( 

If it is Parkinson’s that would be a real shame. I love Al. And you’re right about MSG, they should let him go as long as he wants to. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i meant 14 SA...

pre-season, but outshot 14-5??  ffs

I wouldn’t put too much stock into it. He’s playing behind a pretty sh*tty lineup tonight. Huska in now. 

10 hours ago, Losmeister said:

and he has let in 3 on openig night 1/2 game....

And then he stood on his head as he got peppered with over 40 shots behind an awful defense. Without Lundqvist the Rangers let up 7 or 8 goals. 

Rangers didn't even show up for 2 periods today before they woke up in the third, to little to late though and we lose 3-2. Lundqvist kept us in the game again today, Fast looked good, Kreider can't finish and Panarin is as advertised. Let's get back in the win column Tuesday.

10 hours ago, Losmeister said:

5 game losing streak...

When it went to OT last night I was so excited to see some of the Rangers skill 3 on 3, instead they didn't have one second of possession.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Rangers surging a bit...

just when I think Henrik might be done...    I thought B ig Papi was done a couple times befroe he was as well...

Won 5 of the last 7. Awesome to see Kakko get 2 and the OT winner.

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

all day.

And Fox?? ooo, that's some reason to get enthusiastic...

now we gotta get Trouba going....

Panarin is as advertised...    pass to Fox on his goal was sweet

Fox is unreal. Great vision and ability to get his teammates the puck in scoring areas and the same goes for Panarin. 

Chytil has also been awesome since being called up.

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

was fraid of the Tampa game...  but even my cynicism left me unprepared....

That was just a disaster from the start. Young still rebuilding team there are going to be games like this. Only thing they can do is move on and prepare for the next one. 

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

but ...9??  omfg

Yeah ik. Just embarrassing. 

Beat the Panthers today and I’ll feel good about the team again. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

gaaaaahhh!!!!

looked like buchnevich had a good op, was it saved or blocked in OT?

then.. down the other end Henrik sells out short side , wide open net for winner 

He flat out missed the net and then played awful defense on the winner, Buchnevich sucks. 

22 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yesterday was a fun game.  How 'bout that Kakko pass to Fox!

That was a thing of beauty. Nice to see him play a good game for the first time since he's been out.

On 11/30/2019 at 3:47 PM, Losmeister said:

i'll take a so any day...  but Devils? 0-8 on pp, and 2 shg? yikes.

i thought yesterday was bad vs Bruins

NJ really blows. The fact that we crushed them is a pretty bad sign for the Devils.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Igor Shesterkin era begins tonight!

Rough start after the D left him out to dry but he’s settled in and played solid so far since. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Ah

didn't realize that

Interesting problem. Maybe he'll agree to go to a Cup contender, he certainly deserves to raise it

I don't think so, he already said he wanted to stay when the Rangers decided to rebuild in 2018. They'll probably trade Georgiev before the deadline this year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When Brassard took the penalty with about 50 seconds left I had a good feeling we’d score. Another gutsy win for this NYR team. 

7 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Tough loss last night, caught in a line change with less than a minute left. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That was absolutely brutal. 

8 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

So who else hates losing to the Islanders?

Would have been an Islander fan if they handled it right.

Back when they announced the team, hockey was growing exponentially on LI. Cantiaque, Morely, Bellmore rinks had several leagues, the MJHA (NHP Arrows, LI Flyers etc) was hot and now after years of following the EHL, real NHL hockey was coming to our backyard. No more bad seats at the Garden, no more late night hanging around Penn waiting for the LIRR. 15" drive and park ! Go Long Island !

Then they announce that the team was to be the NEW YORK "Islanders" so they can access the NYC market. WHAT!? Not the Long Island Ducks? or Cougars? or anything? This is supposed to Long Island's addition to the bigs and start of it's own identity. Made us all so mad, we stayed on 34th St. Well of course we could have seen many more cups but I'll still trade those all for "Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!" plus the dynasty that they are building NOW to comfort me in my old age.

Still hate losing to the Islanders though.  

Yea screw the islanders but it’s fine we just beat them twice. 

Being from LI my family was Rangers fans before there was an islanders and when they rolled around I guess there was never a thought of switching teams thank God. I’d much rather root for a losing Rangers team than a second class org like the icelanders who have had one good era in their entire history. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Sounds like either Lundqvist will be traded or bought out. Trade would be better, but it looks like they will do what they have to to keep Georgie.

Also they are talking with Krieder's agent. Hopefully they can trade him and then sign him to a team friendly deal.

Lundqvist isn't getting traded. He's never going to wave the no trade clause. 

As for Kreider trading him for a nice return and then signing him to a good contract would obviously be great.

7 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

You may be right, but right now Lundqvist is the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

Rangers have other capable backups, so if thy do trade Georgie, then Lundqvist is going to be backing up and mentoring Shestyorkin the rest of his time here.

Or they can buy him out.

The Rangers aren't going to buy him. They're going to let him finish out the contract and Georgiev will be traded unfortunately. 

19 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Shesterkin is the clear cut #1 goalie and it sounds like they are going to ride the season out with him making the bulk of the starts.

Gotta wonder what might have been if they kept him in the NHL straight out of camp, or brought him up after a week of dominating the AHL.

Could very well be in playoff position right now. I haven't seen the guy give up a bad goal. Also I like this Phil Digiuseppe. Why he's been sitting in the minors while the rest of the 4th line stank it up all year is beyond me?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Shesty already setting records. First goalie to have 3 40+ save games in first 7 games.

And Kakko played a strong game too. kids are comin along.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Trading Skeji for a 1st would be huge, we need to free up the cap space, and are loaded with D prospects.

No way we come even close to getting a first for Skjei. He’s terrible and his contract sucks. 

41 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

No way we come even close to getting a first for Skjei. He’s terrible and his contract sucks. 

Boy was I wrong and I’m glad I was. Gorton fleeced those idiots. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'll be curious to see if there will be any call ups from the AHL to replace skjei? Might as well get some of the young talent up to experience the energy of a playoff push. Valuable experience to draw on for next year.

Kreider should be stoked having gotten his contract extended. His linemates (Mikah and Pavel) 

should also be energized!! Go Rangers!

For now I’m guessing they’ll throw Smith back on D. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company