Losmeister

NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

They are getting there. Not sure if they are ready to contend for a Cup yet but the pieces are starting to fall into place. I really want to see how Panarin does. Seems like a really good player, scores goals but now on his third team in what is now his fifth season. I don't think it is him but I can't see how other than Salary Cap issues how Chicago and Columbus couldn't get him long term.

Hopefully the Rangers get 10 great years out of him.

Can't wait for the regular season to get going. 

• Upvote 2

I really like how this team is getting better.

You expect the ups and downs because of their but last night was a real nice bounce back from Vegas.

I don't know if they are playoff ready yet but they are getting their and it is nice to watch.

• Upvote 1

I am at the point where I don't want Krieder traded. Sign him to a new deal and let's go.

At some point you have to put the flag in the ground and say the rebuilding is done, now is the time for this team to grow and become a playoff contender. 

I really think at this point Lundqvist should waive his no trade clause and move on. He is basically now the 3rd goalie and if the Rangers can find a buyer. (Colorado ?) they should without a doubt pull the trigger. 

If winning a Cup means anything to Lundqvist then he should waive the no-trade clause. Same thing with Staal. 

13 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Second period not going according to plan so far...

It’s so hard being a Ranger fan down here. When the canes win a home game, I can get a free chick filet sandwich, a Whopper or a Sonic shake... I’m sure there are about 5 or 6 other promotions I don’t remember also.

Chick Filet Sucks

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Canes pp goal gets me a free Bojangles sausage and biscuit!!!

Bojangles > Chick Filet

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2020 at 10:30 AM, 14 in Green said:

I go back a long way with this team...

How long? Think “watching games on channel 9 in black and white” think “the Big Whistle” or Phil Goyette or when Brad Park and Walter Tzachuk were fresh faced rookies... Think “listening to home games on a transistor radio”...

I’ve been through a lot with this team. I had seats up in the Blues back when men were men, and fans knew how to party hard, lol.

My point is, it takes a lot to get me pumped up for the regular season now, especially after seeing the curse of 1940 lifted. But i’ve got to say, I love what I’m seeing right now. Not only are we playing well, we are building a team the way you want to see it done. Sure we all had hopes that this year was going to be the start of something good, but because we are Ranger fans, you always have that seed of doubt, you’re never quite certain things will work out. 

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m as all in right now as I’ve ever been. This team is young, talented, and they’re flying right now! I couldn’t be happier, and I really think this is the beginning, it’s only going to get better!

Damn, I’ve waited a long time to see this team make a run... Here we go!!!!

Totally agree. If they trade Kreider and Fast tommorow I'll be sick.

To me this is another step in the rebuild. Playing meaningful games in March and April and if they make the playoffs alot of these guys will get their first taste and maybe learn a little about how the intensity level goes up tenfold in the post season.

Well it looks like the Krieder talks have reached an impasse. Looks like he is going to be dealt. Sucks !!!!

Going to be a long day. Kreider, Fast, Strome, maybe Staal and or DeAngelo could all be moved

So they Kreider comes down a little and the Rangers give him the 7th year. 

• Upvote 2

I don't know if you are going to get alot for Fast or Staal. I'd hate to see Fast go. Pittsburgh with their pickup of Marleau might be in play of Staal.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Boy was I wrong and I’m glad I was. Gorton fleeced those idiots. 

That just made the whole day worth it. 

• Upvote 2

I friggin love this team. 

Youngest team in the league and they are playing out of their minds right now.

Huge back to back with the Flyers Friday and Sunday. Philly is 5 points ahead of them. 

Let's go boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Just started this book. Old School Emile Francis Rangers

s-l500.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’ve never read it but people have told me it’s a great book. I should pick it up someday. 

Yeah just started it but from what I have read so far seems really good. 

Picked that one up along with another one called Before 94, which is more like a diary of the 78-79 team that lost to Montreal in the finals. 

• Upvote 3

Oh man Lets get this going already !!!!!!

I need my Rangers !!!!!

• Upvote 1

Well the only good thing that came out of this was that some guys got their first taste of a playoff series.

I wish Igor had been able to play all 3 games. Trouba was brutal and i don't think Panarin was much better.

This team still has alot of rebuilding to do. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I have had problems with him all year.  I lose count of how many times a game he has the simple path out of his own zone and some (avoidable) sloppiness or other and the puck stays in the zone for another 2 minutes.  Yeah i know he brings some things in the offensive end and he also brings a physical presence but his defensive liabilities are a huge problem.  Smith and Lemieux need to clear the effing zone more reliably too.  Staal looks done too.

Trouba = Wade Redden

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

See ya Lindy!

Good Riddance. How can a guy that was a good coach turn out to be so bad. Yuk

And an era comes to an end.

It was an absolutely awesome run that gave us thrills but missed out on the ultimate prize.

It won't take long before his number is up in the rafters 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company