NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

5 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I would have preferred to be in that final wild-card spot before the suspension. Afraid when they come back they’ll go right into the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

This was such a fun story. One I didn't want to end when it did.

Brooklyn, Boozer, JustEnd, Anthony, Los and anyone else I have overlooked.  It was a pleasure riding along with all of you.

Don’t give up now, the season isn’t over. The NYR can still make some magic happen. And you know what, I’m a Yankees fan but I’m going to use the Mets phrase...YA GOTTA BELIEVE! Let’s keep this train rolling while we still can. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, EM31 said:

Brooklyn, Boozer, JustEnd, Anthony, Los and anyone else I have overlooked.  It was a pleasure riding along with all of you.

9 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Don’t give up now, the season isn’t over. The NYR can still make some magic happen. And you know what, I’m a Yankees fan but I’m going to use the Mets phrase...YA GOTTA BELIEVE! Let’s keep this train rolling while we still can. 

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/nhl-already-working-in-hopes-of-restarting-season/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Icelanders thread is dead lol. (Just like their team) 1 post since December. 

Well if they come back and finish, the Rangers should have Krieder back, the Icelanders will have had time to take a break from losing, and Carolina and Columbus will get some guys back too.

Will be very interesting to see what happens if the Rangers can get in. Are they capable of going on a tare with the young Igor, Panarin, Zibanejad & Company?

3 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Well if they come back and finish, the Rangers should have Krieder back, the Icelanders will have had time to take a break from losing, and Carolina and Columbus will get some guys back too.

Will be very interesting to see what happens if the Rangers can get in. Are they capable of going on a tare with the young Igor, Panarin, Zibanejad & Company?

Yea there’s going to be a ton of questions for all teams once the season starts up again but especially for the metro WC playoff race. Things are going to get very interesting. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, EM31 said:

If the NHL is worried about the financial ramifications of the lockout, no better way than expand the playoffs to include another large market team like the Rangers and increase the amount of games to increase revenue!

GO RANGERS!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Icelanders thread is dead lol. (Just like their team) 1 post since December. 

Well, the whole thread was just two posters.  Me & RobR.  Great start to the season, but boy the wheels came off in a hurry. 

You guys are really building something   Pains me to say it, but Rangers rebuild certainly appears to be on track.  As for the Isles, we are a mess; heading towards mediocrity and a bad cap situation.  Just hope at some point they all get a chance to get back on the ice again this season.  Not expecting it though.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If the NHL is worried about the financial ramifications of the lockout, no better way than expand the playoffs to include another large market team like the Rangers and increase the amount of games to increase revenue!

GO RANGERS!!!

Hockey definitely has more to lose from a lost season and playoffs than the other major sports. NHL teams rely heavily on the gates, but even if they have to play games in empty arenas, they really need to play this season out. Playoff hockey is unreal and even the casual fan knows and watches. The Rangers are counting on the cap to go up more than it did last year, if they don't return, it may very well stay the same, that's not good.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Well, the whole thread was just two posters.  Me & RobR.  Great start to the season, but boy the wheels came off in a hurry. 

You guys are really building something   Pains me to say it, but Rangers rebuild certainly appears to be on track.  As for the Isles, we are a mess; heading towards mediocrity and a bad cap situation.  Just hope at some point they all get a chance to get back on the ice again this season.  Not expecting it though.

I definitely think we’re going to see them play again, it’s just when and if it’s in front fans or not. The islanders should take this time off to reset and get ready for a playoff push. Good luck but not too much luck. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks for that. Whether you agree or disagree with the choices, it’s so nice to have some Rangers news! I am NOT ready for this season to come to an end. 

Neither am I. This has been such a roller coaster of a season but it’s been a really fun one. Everybody said before the year started that at the least the Rangers would be an exciting team to watch and they’ve certainly lived up to that expectation. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Neither am I. This has been such a roller coaster of a season but it’s been a really fun one. Everybody said before the year started that at the least the Rangers would be an exciting team to watch and they’ve certainly lived up to that expectation. 

Yes, also seeing Panarin sign the big contract and then have an MVP caliber year is refreshing. Not many players live up to the billing, but he certainly has. Mika is a full fledged 1st line threat at the center position, the Rangers have one of the best one, two punches in the game. Not to mention the rookies who stepped up like Fox, Lindgren and Shesterkin. The future is bright!

• Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yes, also seeing Panarin sign the big contract and then have an MVP caliber year is refreshing. Not many players live up to the billing, but he certainly has. Mika is a full fledged 1st line threat at the center position, the Rangers have one of the best one, two punches in the game. Not to mention the rookies who stepped up like Fox, Lindgren and Shesterkin. The future is bright!

Absolutely, a lot to be excited about in RangersTown right now.  

• Sympathy 1