Losmeister

NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

@BROOKLYN JET thanks for all the Ranger love!! 

Cant wait for them to get the green light. It will be a crazy playoff push for all teams. Hopefully our vet players can lead this young team forward. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/8/2020 at 7:00 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

1247995999836155906?s=19

Jagr was a Freak 0f Nature!

24 seasons.... That's Gordie Howe type career!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jagr was a Freak 0f Nature!

24 seasons.... That's Gordie Howe type career!

He would be #2 in scoring if he had not played those 3 years in the KHL.

I remember the first time seeing him with the penguins. You could tell he was going to be great. I was so pissed, they already had Lemieux and now they get this beast.

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

He would be #2 in scoring if he had not played those 3 years in the KHL.

I remember the first time seeing him with the penguins. You could tell he was going to be great. I was so pissed, they already had Lemieux and now they get this beast.

Then they luck into Crosby. An amazingly well run organization. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Then they luck into Crosby. An amazingly well run organization. 

They are well run but it doesn’t hurt that, like you said they’ve had guys like Crosby and Mario. And don’t forget Jagr and Malkin. 

Yes Mallon... salt in the wound!
Any word yet on if/when season will resume or playoffs start?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yes Mallon... salt in the wound!
Any word yet on if/when season will resume or playoffs start?

Not that I know of. As far as I can the MLB is really the only league that has a real plan to go through with. 

6 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

NH?

This season gets weirder and weirder   Don’t know how it’s going to work. So division games spread out over the country? NH for Atlantic & Metropolitan, Montana for example = Central & Pacific?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

NH?

This season gets weirder and weirder   Don’t know how it’s going to work. So division games spread out over the country? NH for Atlantic & Metropolitan, Montana for example = Central & Pacific?

I don’t think it’ll be spread out. The whole league will probably go to one location. 

3 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I don’t think it’ll be spread out. The whole league will probably go to one location. 

Whatever area gets the games those hotels will be celebrating in the streets 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Hey Brooklyn (Former Bay Ridge guy) have you heard anything on resuming the season or expanded playoffs? 

Thanks

Last I heard the rest of the season is in doubt and the league was wrestling with a playoff format.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’d trade Lias for a bag of pucks. 

Agreed but if we have to include a #1 I’d have to take a deeper look at the type of talent available in the draft

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed but if we have to include a #1 I’d have to take a deeper look at the type of talent available in the draft

Absolutely. Giving up a first with him is way too much in any draft imo. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Zona?!?!? I thought NoDak and NH were the spots they were looking at. As long as they finish the season I’m happy no matter what the location is. 

Yup, Bettman talks like not finishing is not an option. Finally something I like about him.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Ouch. Bruins would be real tough but I say we’d give them a run for their money. This Rangers team doesn’t give up. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2020 at 7:01 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yup, Bettman talks like not finishing is not an option. Finally something I like about him.

Yeah this is hockey! Players who spit out teeth and dive to block 100 mph bullets. No COVID is going to stop them. The Cup needs to be awarded. 
Bruins will be tough especially with our youth and the long layoff

• Upvote 3

image.thumb.jpeg.a92c6135360d5fbe52c22772a7f5609c.jpeg

Bruins goalie Jim Henry shakes the hands of Maurice Richard in 1952.

Bloody NHL photo makes me miss playoffs that much more

May 16, 2020 | 3:35pm

Not that anyone asked me, but they never do. Thus, the one sport I most miss this time of year is ice hockey, specifically the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs.

I’ve never seen a player not hustle or play hard during the playoffs. Even throughout the rare blowout, the action is intense. As a TV show, in for a minute, in for the game.

And no player places himself above the team. He wouldn’t dare betray the code. No muscle-flexing, chest banging, any acts of check-me-out immodesty  

And at the end of every series, the ritual center-ice handshake lines form, a show of respect for the game and one another.

For my two cents, the best sports photo ever taken came during a handshake line, April 8, 1952, in the Montreal Forum. The photographer, according to the late John Halligan, the Rangers’ then NHL go-to answer man, 16 years ago concluded that it was shot by Jacques Lemercier or Roger St. Jean, both with the Montreal daily “La Presse.”

That was after Game 7 of the Bruins-Canadiens semifinals. Bruins goalie “Sugar” Jim Henry’s eyes had been blackened by a broken nose suffered in Game 6. Habs star Maurice “Rocket” Richard had been knocked out, cold, in the second period of Game 7, but returned to score the winner.

Yet in an exchange of hands and direct eye contact, Henry appears to have bowed from the waist in unabashed regard, while Richard, his head bandaged and dried blood dripped from his left eye, gives Henry a stare of equal regard. It’s beyond special.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

mood erection GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1