NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

10 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Rangers will have a 12.5% chance at the #1 pick if they lose to Carolina.

Kravtsov will be in phase 3 camp.

Panarin speaking up for the players regarding the escrow money.

I can’t remember the last time any of my teams have won the lottery for the #1 pick other than the Dave DeBusschere Knicks with Ewing and I think the NBA made that happen for one of their largest markets. That said I think only the NBA & NHL have lotteries. 

I’ll take the series win over the odds any day

• Upvote 2

On 6/27/2020 at 10:11 AM, 32EBoozer said:

I can’t remember the last time any of my teams have won the lottery for the #1 pick other than the Dave DeBusschere Knicks with Ewing and I think the NBA made that happen for one of their largest markets. That said I think only the NBA & NHL have lotteries. 

I’ll take the series win over the odds any day

The Braves, Mets, Phillies and Indians all had their names in a hat in 1966. Commissioner Eckert picked the Mets. we can never compain about lotteries as long as we live :)   

25 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

The Braves, Mets, Phillies and Indians all had their names in a hat in 1966. Commissioner Eckert picked the Mets. we can never compain about lotteries as long as we live :)   

I was 3 years old at the time. What was the result of the pick? 

Wow that was the Seaver pick! You’re right I’ll never complain again ?

Edited by 32EBoozer
Found the answer
  • Upvote 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:40 AM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Looks like Edmonton and Toronto will be the 2 hub cities.

Well if you’re looking for remote, Edmonton or Winnipeg would be best. Toronto chosen for the closer proximity to the East and less populated than Montreal and Quebec. 
Go Rangers! This year has been so crazy that we may actually be able to win the Cup in some Twilight Zone episode. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well if you’re looking for remote, Edmonton or Winnipeg would be best. Toronto chosen for the closer proximity to the East and less populated than Montreal and Quebec. 
Go Rangers! This year has been so crazy that we may actually be able to win the Cup in some Twilight Zone episode. 

I can't complain about Toronto and Edmonton being selected.  Seem like logical choices in terms of safety and east/west travel, although teams in the far south could be making a long trip.  But that's not a big deal, they're only traveling their once and then staying inside "the bubble," right?

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I can't complain about Toronto and Edmonton being selected.  Seem like logical choices in terms of safety and east/west travel, although teams in the far south could be making a long trip.  But that's not a big deal, they're only traveling their once and then staying inside "the bubble," right?

All we need is world class goaltending by Shestyorkin and our core 4 offensive players to perform normally and we have a shot!

Is anyone considering rooting against the Rangers in the play-in series since it will give us a 12.5% chance to get Alexis Lafreniere (who is supposedly a generational talent)?

If we can get AL, that would really kick the rebuild into high gear.  Having 2 great C is how you build a dynasty.  And we have Shesty and Georgiev, both of whom I'd like to keep if that's possible.  And Panarin, Kreider, Buchnevich, and Kakko at forward.  Trouba and Fox on defense plus a couple of very good prospects on the way in Nils Lundqvist and K'Andre Miller.  Plus we have some excellent other pieces who we can either keep or use in trades.

22 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is anyone considering rooting against the Rangers in the play-in series since it will give us a 12.5% chance to get Alexis Lafreniere (who is supposedly a generational talent)?

If we can get AL, that would really kick the rebuild into high gear.  Having 2 great C is how you build a dynasty.  And we have Shesty and Georgiev, both of whom I'd like to keep if that's possible.  And Panarin, Kreider, Buchnevich, and Kakko at forward.  Trouba and Fox on defense plus a couple of very good prospects on the way in Nils Lundqvist and K'Andre Miller.  Plus we have some excellent other pieces who we can either keep or use in trades.

No.

22 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

12.5% is just that.  On the other hand a deep run or a semi-deep run here would be invaluable experience for these kids.

<edited to add>

Plus we would never get that lucky

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1