Losmeister

NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

37 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

We played poorly, but the difference in the game came down to that 1st goal. Skjei with the big hit on Fast who ended up leaving, but not before he coughed up the puck in our zone. That led to the quick pass and great shot to beat Hank who had good position on the play.

The good thing about the Skjei hit I thought was that the Rangers responded with hard physical play of their own. In years past we would’ve backed down and gotten dominated physically but the team definitely showed they weren’t scared the throw the body or drop the gloves. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

The good thing about the Skjei hit I thought was that the Rangers responded with hard physical play of their own. In years past we would’ve backed down and gotten dominated physically but the team definitely showed they weren’t scared the throw the body or drop the gloves. 

They did respond, and Carolina is a tough team to play. The Rangers were rusty and are behind the 8 ball now. In a 5 game series game 1 is huge and winning it leads to wining the series 85% of the time, but the Rangers will not go down without a fight. I watched the highlights again, Hank got a piece of the 1st one, but it was not enough, the other 2 were tough deflections, not really much he could do. I'd still go with Igor in game 2 if he's cleared to play. This is really a win win for the Rangers. They get experience either way, and if they end up losing, they get a shot at the #1 pick. They made the jump ahead of schedule, this is really just gravy, and the future is bright.

• Upvote 2

2nd power play unit was looking better than the first unit although obviously not on the score sheet.

Quinn needs to mix that up I think.  We need to find ways to get them out of their comfort zone but if there is no price to paid by the Hurricanes for going into the penalty box I think this series is pretty much done and dusted already.  PP needs to show something.

• Upvote 2

These mid day games suck.

But at least it is hockey.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

These mid day games suck.

But at least it is hockey.

Tough game, was watching on my phone at work.

It's do or die now!

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Tough game, was watching on my phone at work.

It's do or die now!

Glad I was in meetings all day. Would have thrown my phone through my office window!

Need Shesterkin in net to turn things around. Of the 3 goals I saw, two were kind of soft. Henrik let some sneak through. Need a 3 game winning streak! If not maybe we can grab the #1 pick.

• Upvote 1

and there goes the season....

Sucks that we didn't get to see Shesterkin, but the Rangers have not scored enough and had some good chancesl that you have to capitalize on.

If Igor can't go, give Georgie a shot, it's all about the future.

Igor in tonight but it won’t matter if the effort from the rest of the team is identical to what we’ve been seeing. Players like Kreider, Mika, Panarin and others have to step up to keep this thing alive. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Igor in tonight but it won’t matter if the effort from the rest of the team is identical to what we’ve been seeing. Players like Kreider, Mika, Panarin and others have to step up to keep this thing alive. 

Yup, 1 shift, 1 period, 1 game at a time.

Here's hoping they can pull out 3 in row!

The '85 Icelanders are the only team to backdoor sweep a 5 game series, so it can be done.

• Upvote 1

Good period but still can't score.

Great to have Igor back, he's going to be really good for a long time.

Better luck in the draft, they should be much improved next year.

Hopefully they can win the lottery.

• Upvote 1

I’m more sad than I am mad right now. Rangers were really fun to watch this year and I’m happy to have shared this ride with you guys. Maybe we will get Lafreniere and come back better than ever next season. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Terrible give away, 3-1.

Rangers just not ready yet.

trouba has stunk to high holy hell all year....

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

He certainly has not lived up to his contract, terrible give away last night, cinched if for the Canes. 

6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

I have had problems with him all year.  I lose count of how many times a game he has the simple path out of his own zone and some (avoidable) sloppiness or other and the puck stays in the zone for another 2 minutes.  Yeah i know he brings some things in the offensive end and he also brings a physical presence but his defensive liabilities are a huge problem.  Smith and Lemieux need to clear the effing zone more reliably too.  Staal looks done too.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Well the only good thing that came out of this was that some guys got their first taste of a playoff series.

I wish Igor had been able to play all 3 games. Trouba was brutal and i don't think Panarin was much better.

This team still has alot of rebuilding to do. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I have had problems with him all year.  I lose count of how many times a game he has the simple path out of his own zone and some (avoidable) sloppiness or other and the puck stays in the zone for another 2 minutes.  Yeah i know he brings some things in the offensive end and he also brings a physical presence but his defensive liabilities are a huge problem.  Smith and Lemieux need to clear the effing zone more reliably too.  Staal looks done too.

Trouba = Wade Redden

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Well the only good thing that came out of this was that some guys got their first taste of a playoff series.

I wish Igor had been able to play all 3 games. Trouba was brutal and i don't think Panarin was much better.

This team still has alot of rebuilding to do. 

11 guys got their first taste, they are not there yet, but they are ahead of schedule. Nobody had them picked to make the playoffs this year, and they made a run that took them from 11 points back to 2, when the season got cut short. They have work to do, but they should get better.