Losmeister

NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

18 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Shooting for a June 1st camp start date? Playoffs beginning by 6/15?

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Even in a regular year the beginning of the Stanley cup playoffs is the very best time of year.  It is possible to watch three different games every night and tape some others if you want to do that.  Early middle and late games every night for 2-3 weeks and the added bonus of the Rangers in the mix at the beginning.

Please sir may I have another?

Any ideas how the games will be aired? NBC or the NHL network? I would love the nationally televised option.

Saves me a few quid.

10 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Rangers will have a 12.5% chance at the #1 pick if they lose to Carolina.

Kravtsov will be in phase 3 camp.

Panarin speaking up for the players regarding the escrow money.

I can’t remember the last time any of my teams have won the lottery for the #1 pick other than the Dave DeBusschere Knicks with Ewing and I think the NBA made that happen for one of their largest markets. That said I think only the NBA & NHL have lotteries. 

I’ll take the series win over the odds any day

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

The Braves, Mets, Phillies and Indians all had their names in a hat in 1966. Commissioner Eckert picked the Mets. we can never compain about lotteries as long as we live :)   

I was 3 years old at the time. What was the result of the pick? 

Wow that was the Seaver pick! You’re right I’ll never complain again 😁

Edited by 32EBoozer
Found the answer
  • Upvote 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:40 AM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Looks like Edmonton and Toronto will be the 2 hub cities.

Well if you’re looking for remote, Edmonton or Winnipeg would be best. Toronto chosen for the closer proximity to the East and less populated than Montreal and Quebec. 
Go Rangers! This year has been so crazy that we may actually be able to win the Cup in some Twilight Zone episode. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I can't complain about Toronto and Edmonton being selected.  Seem like logical choices in terms of safety and east/west travel, although teams in the far south could be making a long trip.  But that's not a big deal, they're only traveling their once and then staying inside "the bubble," right?

All we need is world class goaltending by Shestyorkin and our core 4 offensive players to perform normally and we have a shot!

12 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Is there even a Devil’s thread on this board😂

23 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Panarin up for Lindsay award

11:08 AM ET
  • wyshynski_greg.png&w=160&h=160&scale=cro
    Greg WyshynskiESPN 

The Ted Lindsay Award, known as the Lester B. Pearson Award until 2010, has been given annually since 1970 to "the most outstanding player in the NHL" regular season as determined by his peers.

All three players are seeking their first Lindsay award. MacKinnon was a finalist in 2017-18, but this is the first nomination for Draisaitl and Panarin.

Draisaitl, 24, won the Art Ross Trophy for the league's leading scorer with 110 points in 71 games, including 43 goals. The Oilers center led the NHL in points per game (1.55), assists (67), power-play points (44) and average ice time among forwards (22:37) and tied for first in game-winning goals (10).

MacKinnon, 24, led all NHL players in shots on goal (318). His 93 points ranked fifth in league scoring and was 43 points more than his closest teammate. MacKinnon was third in even-strength points (62), fourth in power-play points (31) and tied for fifth in points per game (1.35). He finished with 93 points in 69 games, including 35 goals.

Panarin, 28, was tied for third in scoring with 95 points in 69 games, finishing 20 points ahead of the next-highest scorer on the Rangers. He led all NHL players in even-strength points (71), tied for second in assists (63) and placed third in points per game (1.38).

Among the players who didn't make the cut were David Pastrnak of the Boston Bruins, who tied for the league lead in goals with 48 tallies in 70 games, and Connor McDavid of the Oilers, who was second in the NHL with 97 points. He won the award in 2017 and 2018 and was a finalist last season.

The winner of the Ted Lindsay Award will be announced during the conference finals in the NHL's postseason, which will feature 24 teams playing in Toronto and Edmonton, two "bubble" cities, beginning on Aug. 1. The NHL season was paused on March 12 because of the coronavirus pandemic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Tough game, was watching on my phone at work.

It's do or die now!

Glad I was in meetings all day. Would have thrown my phone through my office window!

Need Shesterkin in net to turn things around. Of the 3 goals I saw, two were kind of soft. Henrik let some sneak through. Need a 3 game winning streak! If not maybe we can grab the #1 pick.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company