NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

27 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

BJ you are tireless when it comes to all things Rangers. Thanks for providing all these organizational updates. When’s the Draft scheduled?

I thought it was awesome to see one of our kids make SC's Top 10 all the way from Russia. Hopefully he'll be on the team next season, he's got some sweet moves!

"The 2020 NHL Draft will be held virtually Oct. 9-10. It was postponed from its initial date of June 26-27 due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus." 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

???

OK I am psyched.  Looks like Jets football and Knicks basketball is about as barren as it is possible for them to get.

I know the finals are not even over yet but has the NHL announced plans for next season? When will it start and what stadia will be used?  

<thanks in advance Brooklyn>

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, EM31 said:

OK I am psyched.  Looks like Jets football and Knicks basketball is about as barren as it is possible for them to get.

I know the finals are not even over yet but has the NHL announced plans for next season? When will it start and what stadia will be used?  

They don't really have a set plan yet. I'm pretty sure they just came out and said that the season could start as late as January.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/bettman-nhl-plans-82-game-schedule-next-season/c-319107938

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I thought bridges had been well and truly burned with Andersson and the Rangers, no?

They lent him to the Swedish league, but they still have his rights. He's been playing well over there, so there is a chance he'll be in camp, if not they should be able to move him. Last I heard they had offers, but wouldn't take less than a 1st round pick, so perhaps they still have hope he'll be a Ranger.

8 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

They lent him to the Swedish league, but they still have his rights. He's been playing well over there, so there is a chance he'll be in camp, if not they should be able to move him. Last I heard they had offers, but wouldn't take less than a 1st round pick, so perhaps they still have hope he'll be a Ranger.

Maybe the prospect of playing with the #1 overall pick will make the Rangers more attractive

8 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Maybe the prospect of playing with the #1 overall pick will make the Rangers more attractive

Hopefully he can put it together and make the team, they used a high pick on him. Thing is he looks slow in the NHL, he's better suited for the bigger rinks in the international game, where he has more time and space. If he can keep his head together and mend fences, he should be able to find a spot on the roster. He has talent and is a versatile player, they had him pegged as a leader too.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks for all the hard work Marc. You’ve been a good Ranger teammate. Good luck to you in Detroit. 

I agree and best wishes to Staal.

A good player but but never really a great one and he had to carry the weight of playing under that huge contract.  I am sure many of us felt that he was never really "that guy".

On the flip side it creates more cap room which can be allocated elsewhere as well as a blue line roster spot which may be even more useful.  Only really Hank left to go.  I hope he is open to the idea of hanging up his Jersey for good because I really like BOTH of the other two goalies.

<edited to add>

When i say only Hank left to go that is because I think there is ZERO chance of moving either Kreider or Trouba both of whom will be long term liabilities.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

I agree and best wishes to Staal.

A good player but but never really a great one and he had to carry the weight of playing under that huge contract.  I am sure many of us felt that he was never really "that guy".

On the flip side it creates more cap room which can be allocated elsewhere as well as a blue line roster spot which may be even more useful.  Only really Hank left to go.  I hope he is open to the idea of hanging up his Jersey for good because I really like BOTH of the other two goalies.

Yeah I too hope Hank will take the buyout and a position in the front office or in public relations dept. An All-Time great Ranger

We are set at Goalkeeper for the next decade IMO. With the cap savings go and get D’Angelo extended along with Giorgiev. Allows for some flexibility during draft to take on a contract if beneficial. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeas I too Hank will take the buyout and a position in the front office or in public relations dept. An All-Time great Ranger

We are set at Goalkeeper for the next decade IMO. With the cap savings go and get D’Angelo extended along with Giogiev. Allows for some flexibility during draft to take on a contract if beneficial. 

I get the thought on D'Angelo and I confess I thought the same thing but man, a center who can help with face-offs is something we have been sorely missing for so very long.

• Upvote 1