NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

Great comeback win last night, with Georgie holding the fort. Hopefully Shesty's ankle is OK, if not, it will be interesting to see if they go with Hank tonight.

Big game, if the Rangers are going to make a playoff push, they really need this one. The trade deadline is really going to be interesting if they keep winning.

• Upvote 1

I am at the point where I don't want Krieder traded. Sign him to a new deal and let's go.

At some point you have to put the flag in the ground and say the rebuilding is done, now is the time for this team to grow and become a playoff contender. 

I really think at this point Lundqvist should waive his no trade clause and move on. He is basically now the 3rd goalie and if the Rangers can find a buyer. (Colorado ?) they should without a doubt pull the trigger. 

If winning a Cup means anything to Lundqvist then he should waive the no-trade clause. Same thing with Staal. 

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

I am at the point where I don't want Krieder traded. Sign him to a new deal and let's go.

At some point you have to put the flag in the ground and say the rebuilding is done, now is the time for this team to grow and become a playoff contender. 

I really think at this point Lundqvist should waive his no trade clause and move on. He is basically now the 3rd goalie and if the Rangers can find a buyer. (Colorado ?) they should without a doubt pull the trigger. 

If winning a Cup means anything to Lundqvist then he should waive the no-trade clause. Same thing with Staal. 

Trading those 2 would be great and I hope they are open to it. It does not sound like Krieder contract talks are going anywhere, ideally the Rangers will trade him, and then get him to sign a team friendly deal. I doubt Krieder will go for it though, seeing what The Rangers shelled out to Panarin and Trouba.

Krieder with another 3 point night, he has 32 points in his last 30 games.

The Rangers started making moves, acquiring Julien Gauthier for Joey Keane and former Islanders goalie Jean-Francois Berube, for future considerations to the Flyers. 

Gauthier has the skills to be an NHL regular, hopefully his hockey IQ improves, he could be a real steal. Joey Keane was expendable and was sold high. 

Gotta think a goalie move is coming, with them bringing in a backup for Hartford, and Lundqvist benched.

Trade deadline is going to very interested, as the Rangers remain in the playoff hunt. 

Trading deadline coming up. Interesting what the Blueshirts will do. Goalie? Kreider? Fast?

They have a legitimate shot at the playoffs this year as the young fellas are really getting better and better but you don't do it without Kreider,  Then again maybe Kreider brings another future star that will make this team elite, not just good.

After ~ 167 combined Mets-Jets-Rangers seasons, I really want to see a dominant team like the late 80's Mets … so trade Kreider

Second period not going according to plan so far...

It’s so hard being a Ranger fan down here. When the canes win a home game, I can get a free chick filet sandwich, a Whopper or a Sonic shake... I’m sure there are about 5 or 6 other promotions I don’t remember also.

13 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Second period not going according to plan so far...

It’s so hard being a Ranger fan down here. When the canes win a home game, I can get a free chick filet sandwich, a Whopper or a Sonic shake... I’m sure there are about 5 or 6 other promotions I don’t remember also.

Chick Filet Sucks

• Haha 1

On the hairy edge of being in a crowded wild card conversation (almost a whole year earlier that I thought we would be contending).

PP and PK both strong and we finally have sanity at the goaltender position what with Hank now effectively playing as #3 on the depth chart.

If only we could play all of our games on the road then we would surely coast into the post season.

The missing piece at this point would be if the light somehow goes on for Kakko.  I keep looking for him to break out and I even think the I see some promising signs but.... A bit unfair really since the kid only just turned 19.  Still.... one can dream about how good would this team be if Kakko became a legitimate threat every night.

Time to go out tonight and not undo the good work we have built up by stubbing our toe against San Jose.

I go back a long way with this team...

How long? Think “watching games on channel 9 in black and white” think “the Big Whistle” or Phil Goyette or when Brad Park and Walter Tzachuk were fresh faced rookies... Think “listening to home games on a transistor radio”...

I’ve been through a lot with this team. I had seats up in the Blues back when men were men, and fans knew how to party hard, lol.

My point is, it takes a lot to get me pumped up for the regular season now, especially after seeing the curse of 1940 lifted. But i’ve got to say, I love what I’m seeing right now. Not only are we playing well, we are building a team the way you want to see it done. Sure we all had hopes that this year was going to be the start of something good, but because we are Ranger fans, you always have that seed of doubt, you’re never quite certain things will work out. 

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m as all in right now as I’ve ever been. This team is young, talented, and they’re flying right now! I couldn’t be happier, and I really think this is the beginning, it’s only going to get better!

Damn, I’ve waited a long time to see this team make a run... Here we go!!!!

• Upvote 2

Not sure we are quite ready for the "heavy" Boston Bruins or a Lightning team who seem to be on a mission to make up for last year but with that said, I think other teams may be looking at us right now and thinking "no way do I want to play those guys"

Fun times....

And even if we don't sneak in this year I think we can still have a lot fun upsetting the apple carts of some other teams down the stretch.

Next 4 games....

• Away @Islanders
  • Away @Canadiens
  • Away @Flyers and,
  • Home to Flyers 

Basically going head to head against other teams teams in the wild card mix.  Welcome to the NHL eastern conference playoffs conversation.

Trade deadline coming up on Tuesday too.  I wonder if Carolina is looking for a goalie?  If Hank would agree to go he would become their #1 instantly

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Next 4 games....

• Away @Islanders
  • Away @Canadiens
  • Away @Flyers and,
  • Home to Flyers 

Basically going head to head against other teams teams in the wild card mix.  Welcome to the NHL eastern conference playoffs conversation.

Trade deadline coming up on Tuesday too.  I wonder if Carolina is looking for a goalie?  If Hank would agree to go he would become their #1 instantly

It's sad how the King's career is ending. As much as we love him, his time isn't now. It seems he's the only one who doesn't realize that.

I can't bring myself to get angry over it, he was that great a Ranger, but it's the classic case of an athlete not knowing when to move on.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:30 AM, 14 in Green said:

I go back a long way with this team...

How long? Think “watching games on channel 9 in black and white” think “the Big Whistle” or Phil Goyette or when Brad Park and Walter Tzachuk were fresh faced rookies... Think “listening to home games on a transistor radio”...

I’ve been through a lot with this team. I had seats up in the Blues back when men were men, and fans knew how to party hard, lol.

My point is, it takes a lot to get me pumped up for the regular season now, especially after seeing the curse of 1940 lifted. But i’ve got to say, I love what I’m seeing right now. Not only are we playing well, we are building a team the way you want to see it done. Sure we all had hopes that this year was going to be the start of something good, but because we are Ranger fans, you always have that seed of doubt, you’re never quite certain things will work out. 

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m as all in right now as I’ve ever been. This team is young, talented, and they’re flying right now! I couldn’t be happier, and I really think this is the beginning, it’s only going to get better!

Damn, I’ve waited a long time to see this team make a run... Here we go!!!!

Totally agree. If they trade Kreider and Fast tommorow I'll be sick.

To me this is another step in the rebuild. Playing meaningful games in March and April and if they make the playoffs alot of these guys will get their first taste and maybe learn a little about how the intensity level goes up tenfold in the post season.

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's sad how the King's career is ending. As much as we love him, his time isn't now. It seems he's the only one who doesn't realize that.

I can't bring myself to get angry over it, he was that great a Ranger, but it's the classic case of an athlete not knowing when to move on.

He has earned the right to collect his pay check and sit on his no trade clause.  What he doesn't get is the right to get more starts than is justified by his current skill level when measured against those of the other two.

Props to Quinn for making that call when he did.

So now Hank can retire as a Ranger or, if there is a team willing to roll the dice with him in the next 48 hours then he can decide to go on one last cup hunt with a new team.

Hank aside, i am not sure we are definitely sellers at this point.  The team may be playing too well as is.